Shahid Nama with Dr Shahid Masood - 11th August 2011 - Roeedad Khan & Orya Maqbool Jaan

usman710

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Program ka naam bilkul thek rakha doctor sahib. Shahid nama. yani sirf ap ke batien aur khali kholi mulaqatain
Baat katna aur kisi ko bolnay na daina = Shahid Nama
Wasted an hr of my life :(

sngilani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Program ka naam bilkul thek rakha doctor sahib. Shahid nama. yani sirf ap ke batien aur khali kholi mulaqatain
Baat katna aur kisi ko bolnay na daina = Shahid Nama
Wasted an hr of my life :(

This is an opinion making programe. This is new type of thing in Pakistani media. Most programe call some politician and talk and fight with each other. But this a different ball game altogether. I think everyone has right to express his opinion. If you disagree with his opinion then please do.

usman710

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
This is an opinion making programe. This is new type of thing in Pakistani media. Most programe call some politician and talk and fight with each other. But this a different ball game altogether. I think everyone has right to express his opinion. If you disagree with his opinion then please do.

yahi tau problem hay what was his opinion?? (yapping)
it was confusion all around.
Atleast guests ko bolnay ka tau moqa milna chahyay

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
Gr8 effort Dr shahid to bring into light the dark portions of our very recent past which we are not aware of ... Orya makob jaan's articles always inspire me ... i know people used to that masla talk shows wont like this sort of debate but thanks a lot for bring this people like me (students of history).

Ali-NZ

Minister (2k+ posts)
I wonder, what he does with his guests in his house? Jis ko zalil hona ho wahi Shahid Masood kay show mai jai.

sngilani

yahi tau problem hay what was his opinion?? (yapping)
it was confusion all around.
Atleast guests ko bolnay ka tau moqa milna chahyay

This is his style. We like this style. He does not want to de-rail what he wanna paint. That is great style any way.

Last edited:

sngilani

This question from Dr Shahid is so silly weather Qaid-e-Azam was an elected leader or not. Obviously he was an elected leader of Muslims of Muslims of sub-continent. In the 1940s, Jinnah emerged as a leader of the Indian Muslims. In the Constituent Assembly elections of 1946, the League won 425 out of 496 seats reserved for Muslims (and about 89.2% of Muslim votes) on a policy of creating an independent state of Pakistan. In 1947, Pakistan was made based on these elections. Obviously he was the leader and elected head of the created state. Based on these elections, he was an elected leader. Obviously if he would have lived more, he would have gone into another election in Pakistan after few years.

786.ng

MPA (400+ posts)
shahid sahab aap akalay programe ker lain kisi mahaman ko too bolnay ka moqa hi nai detay hain khas toor per roeeded khan too sirf shahid masood ko dekhnay aye thay ager aisa programe next time kertay rahay gay too loog bezar ho jaiy gay aaj ka programe too meray sir kay upper say guzar gaya waste of time nobody like

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
daktar pagal ho gia hei ..... lekin baat theek he keh bureaucrats are the main corrupt segment of the country. and responsible too for the destruction.

Last edited:

adnan_younus

this daaactar shud do his own show and don call any guests.. one he only calls guests that agree with his views and all agree the next day the govt will fall...

pak4242

Councller (250+ posts)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To find what you seek in the road of life,
the best proverb of all is that which says:
"Leave no stone unturned."[/FONT]

Unicorn

Banned
Charles De gall was considered as the leader of France and general while France was occupied by Germany. Following D-Day he made a radio speech and led the French army into Paris. In this sense you could justifiable consider Jinnah as a legitimate leader of Pakistan because he was negotiating on behalf of Muslims and was welcomed in newly created Pakistan as a leader.

I see the confusion all around.All three participants are very confused.

Last edited:

Narcissist

Banned
Dr. Shahid should not have done this insult to Roeedad Khan. Was Roeedad Khan invited to get insulted by him. It is such a disgrace on the behalf of Dr. Shahid, to go this level of being mean. Roeedad Khan should not come to this show anymore and rather should save his respect, at last stage of his life. Shahid Nama is turning into a 'loser's show'.

Now for Orya Maqbool Jan: Dude, if Pakistan was going to be an Islamic state, then Jinnah, being very liberal and from a Ismaili shia faith was the worst choice by millions of Muslims in India. Pakistan being Islamic state needed person like Mududi or Abu ul kalam or Hussain Madani.... and ironic fact of matter is that, all religious people were skeptical about Pakistan being Islamic state. That was their only reason to negate the creation of country for mere economic and political gains. I rest my case.

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dr Shaid not pagal guys, he question in a way to get oppinion of others.
You can not call names , its not good.

He is doing what he could do. If he is not inspired with IK like Haroon [ an army guy] and if he had tough questions with Ik , it doest make him pagal or useless.

many likes his programme which are good ...

you can disagree but dont call names . plz

mjzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
EXCELLENT PROGRAM!!!

I have very long comments below – sorry for that – but good to read for those who are interested in political systems. Other can ignore started from the third paragraph. Thanks!

Those people who didn't like the program (as I see comments above from atleast 2-3) didn't understand at all. SNGILANI is right this is a very important discussion to form the right opinions. Absolutely right, the real barbadi is from Bureaucracy. They became servants of the government and still are. Absolutely right. But still Army is the biggest trouble.

Interestingly this goes back to what I have been suggesting in my comments on past many many programs since the issue of provincial division came up. We should have a presidential system in which Parliament should be "a law making body only". That'll automatically save us from lots and lots of corruption. There should be a presidential system. President should be head of state and head of government. He should report to Parliament, which should have the powers to remove him. There should be no Chief Ministers, but only governor of a province. The provinces should be divided into many many local governments based on cities. The cities should be small. For example Lahore should be divided into atleast 5-8 cities. Karachi in 12-15 cities and so on. City Mayor should be the chief of the city government. A few number of cities together should form a county e.g. Lahore can be a County/Division - just to give an administrative layer e.g. County Police Head. The provincial governments i.e. which should be topped by Governor should take care of helping and guiding the cities and there could be some areas which are not part of a city but belonging to the province or even Federation. For example Karachi Port and Gawadar Port as well as border areas should be directly under the Federal Government.