What NASA’s Perseverance Rover Has Learned After 10 Months on Mars

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Man the images and now HD video from Mars never ceases to amaze me, how far man has come and being in the tourism industry and spending endless days deep in the desert and mountains, the terrain looks oh so familiar and not to dissimilar from places I've visited.

This universe is literally mind blowing and as Carl Sagan once said, and I paraphrase if we are the only ones here, what a waste of space!

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Oh a not so different subject I had a very old wish, probably since childhood come true. Until then I was under the impression that it was impossible to see the planets distinctive features with very expensive and big telescopes, but I found out I was wrong and with a mediocre second hand Japanese telescope I was able to see saturn and its rings, jupiter and it's banding and it's red spot. its moons, and what a coincidence of timing, it was when jupiter and saturn conjoined and were visible at the same time through one lens

nawaz.sharif

Minister (2k+ posts)
Oh a not so different subject I had a very old wish, probably since childhood come true. Until then I was under the impression that it was impossible to see the planets distinctive features with very expensive and big telescopes, but I found out I was wrong and with a mediocre second hand Japanese telescope I was able to see saturn and its rings, jupiter and it's banding and it's red spot. its moons, and what a coincidence of timing, it was when jupiter and saturn conjoined and were visible at the same time through one lens

Which telescope did you use? I also want to buy one for beginners...