Why MG (JW-SEZ) Pakistan getting special treatment.

FahadBhatti

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Imports of vehicles were banned more than two years ago in pakistan or the process was made so cumbursome that it was near impossible to import a vehicle in pakistan. It was all good and was there to reduce import bill and give breathing space to local auto assemblers.

So what has changed now?

Greenfield status which was in autopolicy 2016-2021 allowed automanufacturers to import hundred vehicles to sell at reduced rate and later they have to assemble in pakistan by june 2021.

MG pakistan is getting special treatment though , they were allowed to inaugurate in PM house and they are importing vehicles like no tomorrow and no one from government is asking questions. Two days a lot of whopping 800 MG vehicles were released from karachi port.

Where is the policy of reducing import bills now? why can MG import vehicles in bulk whereas others have to go through extremely difficult process to get even one vehicle?

They declared invoice price of one MG HS 11632 dollars ,which is a blatant case of underinvoicing but there is nepotism at work so no hard questions were asked from MG group.

MG dealerships are also involved in own/black marketing money , they are booking vehicles in bulk for investors/hoarders and later sell it on own or on money and the money is divided amongs dealership and investors but of course no concrete step or even a step has been taken.

Before you call me patwari , let me clarify that i am a PTI supporter and voter.

So either apply the rule to one and all or allow everyone to import vehicles , 2 nahi ek pakistan.

FahadBhatti

Used Vehicles, by individuals is banned. New is not.
Thats where under invoicing activated? For a used vehicle of 1500 cc you have to pay duty of 18500 dollars and guess how much duty is MG paying on their brand new MG HS? 14320 dollars. Importing a new vehicle is very very expensive but not when you are declaring a price of an SUV only 11632 dollars.

ali-raj

Thats where under invoicing activated? For a used vehicle of 1500 cc you have to pay duty of 18500 dollars and guess how much duty is MG paying on their brand new MG HS? 14320 dollars. Importing a new vehicle is very very expensive but not when you are declaring a price of an SUV only 11632 dollars.
There is a difference in acquiring 1-10 items and buying/moving in bulk.
BTW, I am in auto sector and what you get vs what they pay is too much. let's just say, that the owner gets about 70% profit (incl Brand Royalty) and moves that profit abroad.