Why political parties are afraid of an electronic voting system .

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Did American switch to the system like ours? Also please go through this video and is saying there was no paper trail. In Pakistan system, first EVMs can't be access remotely. Secondly with paper trail. In this system beauity will be that deads won't be able to vote which is norm in Pakistan.
In Person Voting is followed in all non corrupt developed nations and is the Gold Standard. Why you want to make it disputed? Pakistan is already corrupt and what you are proposing will make it more corrupt not less!

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
In Person Voting is followed in all non corrupt developed nations and is the Gold Standard. Why you want to make it disputed? Pakistan is already corrupt and what you are proposing will make it more corrupt not less!
Are u saying EVMs is not in Person Voting? EVM is one step further to make sure identity of the voter is legit in Person. In current system even deads can vote in Pakistan. Also fake ballots can be used to win election which is not possible in the EVM case.
Voting will be in Person and there will be a printed ballot via EVM for paper trail if there is any allegations of rigging.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I was just talking about they hypothetical situation related the comment i was replying to. otherwise UN forces does not conduct elections. They did not conduct elections in afghanistan either.

Regarding EVM, I never talked about breaking the encryption. What i am talking about is that the software and hardware developers are not different from presiding officers. If presiding officers do what the powerful tells them, it would be the same about software engineers. The only difference is that software engineers are only a few and easier to control. All the developers have to do is provide an option of on-demand printing. So at the end of the voting "they" can just print the required votes for a specific candidate. It would take just a few minutes compared to 10+ hours in case of manual voting. Seems obvious to me but i am not sure where is the confusion.
The elections in Pakistan are conducted by ECP using school teachers as presiding officers. RU saying this hardware/software will be developed school teachers? No the system will be developed by Ministry of Science and Technology along with NADRA. Also even the developer can't generate the same encryption as its based on random numbers. EVMs is the best system along with paper trail.