چارلی ہیبڈو۔۔۔ زبردستی کسی سے احترام نہیں کروایا جاسکتا

Majid Sheikh

MPA (400+ posts)
جب چارلی ہیبڈو نے پہلی بار پیغمبر اسلام کے کارٹون شائع کئے تھے تو اس وقت چارلی ہیبڈو جیسے میگزین کو کوئی جانتا بھی نہ تھا۔۔ محض گنتی کی چند سو کاپیاں بکنے والے اس میگزین کی لاٹری اس وقت نکلی جب دنیا بھر کے کونوں کھدروں میں مسلمانوں نے بڑے بڑے بینرز پر چارلی ہیبڈو کا نام جلی حروف میں لکھ کر احتجاج شروع کردیا اور اس میگزین کو فری کی پبلسٹی فراہم کرنی شروع کردی۔۔ پھر کچھ خونخوار مسلمانوں نے چارلی ہیبڈو کے دفتر پر حملہ کرکے بارہ نہتے لوگوں کو موت کے گھاٹ اتار دیا۔۔۔

اس واقعے نے یورپ کے لوگوں کو یہ باور کرایا کہ مسلمان کوئی نارمل لوگ نہیں ہیں، یہ تو معمولی کارٹون بنانے پر انسان کو جان سے مار سکتے ہیں اور جو مسلمان جان سے نہیں مارسکتے، وہ بھی اس معمولی عمل پر قتل کرنے کو جائز سمجھتے ہیں۔ کچھ دن قبل جب چارلی ہیبڈو کے حملے کا ٹرائل شروع ہوا تو چارلی ہیبڈو نے ایک بار پھر پیغمبر اسلام کے کارٹون شائع کردیئے۔۔ ردعمل حسبِ توقع تھا۔۔ مسلمان ابھی تک اپنی مذہبی حساسیت کو نارملائز نہیں کرپائے تھے اور انہوں نے ایک بار پھر شدت پسندانہ ردعمل دینا شروع کردیا۔۔ فرانس میں کئی لوگوں پر حملے کئے گئے، سوشل میڈیا پر کہرام مچایا گیا جن میں جان سے مارنے کی دھمکیاں سب سے عیاں تھیں۔ مسلمانوں نے ایک بار پھر پوری دنیا کو باور کرایا کہ انکے اندر وہی جنونی روح باقی ہے۔۔

ابھی کچھ دن قبل ایک چیچن مسلمان نے پیرس میں ایک ٹیچر کو صرف اس لئے قتل کردیا کیونکہ وہ اپنی کلاس میں پیغمبر اسلام کے کارٹون دکھا کر آزادی اظہار کی تعلیم دے رہا تھا۔۔ کارٹون دکھانے سے پہلے اس نے متنبہ کردیا تھا کہ اگر کوئی مسلمان سٹوڈنٹس اس کی کلاس میں موجود ہیں اور یہ سمجھتے ہیں کہ ان کی دل آزاری ہوسکتی ہے تو وہ کلاس سے جاسکتے ہیں۔۔ اس ٹیچر کے اس بے ضرر فعل کا نتیجہ یہ نکلا کہ اٹھارہ سالہ چیچن مسلمان نے اس کا گلہ کاٹ دیا۔۔ اس چیچن مسلمان کو تو پولیس نے شوٹ کردیا، مگر اس کے بعد فرانس سمیت پورے یورپ میں مسلمانوں کے خلاف ایک لہر اٹھی ہے۔ ان کے بقول مسلمان ان کی آزادی اظہار کو سلب کرنا چاہتے ہیں اور وہ بھرپور انداز میں اپنی آزادی اظہار کا تحفظ کریں گے۔۔ جواب میں بے شمار جگہوں پر قرآن شریف جلائے گئے، یوٹیوب پر بے شمار لوگوں نے پیغمبر اسلام کے طرح طرح کے کارٹون بنائے، قرآن شریف کی کاپیاں جلائیں، ان کو پھاڑ کر پھینکا۔۔ اب تو کئی شہروں میں چارلی ہیبڈو کے بنائے گئے پیغمبر اسلام کے کارٹون بڑی بڑی سکرینوں پر دکھائے جارہے ہیں۔۔۔

میرا مسلمانوں سے ایک سوال ہے کہ آپ نے اپنے شدت پسندانہ ردعمل سے پیغمبر اسلام کی توہین میں اضافہ کروایا ہے یا کمی کروائی ہے؟ مسلمانوں کو یہ بات سمجھنے کی ضرورت ہے کہ آپ زبردستی کسی سے اپنے نظریے / عقیدے یا مقدس شخصیت کا احترام نہیں کرواسکتے۔۔جو عقیدہ یا شخصیت آپ کیلئے مقدس ہے، ضروری نہیں وہ ہر کسی کیلئے مقدس ہو۔۔ آپ جتنی جلدی مذہب کو اپنی انفرادی حدود کے اندر رکھنا سیکھ لیں اور اپنی مذہبی حساسیت پر قابو پالیں اتنا ہی آپ کیلئے بہتر ہوگا۔ والسلام۔۔۔

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It's not about respect but human decency. When is the next comedy about the holocaust coming?
You may sound rosy but you emit a caustic effluvium.
Oh but you can force the blacks and others to call themselves only French.
Just because you can express something doesn't necessarily mean you should and proving what?

Rambler

Totally agree with you. Our attitude to propagating such things has led to an enormous damage not only to the Muslims living in the west but more importantly to the cause of our religion and its spread. We are always looking for Allah's name either on a chappati or under Nike shoes. Overall in the west people are not insensitive and would not do things on purpose to offend anyone. However response from some rigid and violent muslims is causing the ordinary people to look at our religion in a negative way. My question is why are we actively looking for insults thrown at our religion or The Prophet (SAW). Yes, if there is something in the mainstream, we should make our case rigorously and forcefully. With violent actions, I as a Muslim would also have to agree with the right wing westerners that Islam and Muslims are not compatible with western society and should not be allowed to come here. For God's sake come on, most of the muslims in western countries are refugees, supposedly fled from the country which was after their life and you come here and take lives of people. This is not only against all that Islam teaches but against the basic quid pro quo of decency.

Rio

Councller (250+ posts)
It's not about respect but human decency. When is the next comedy about the holocaust coming?

Comparing holocaust with religion is very illogical comparison that Pakistanis come up with. The first is slaughter of millions of innocent and helpless people, how much of a mentally sick a person needs to be to make fun of that? Having said that, I can guarantee you that you can joke about holocaust even at Auschwitz and nobody will behead you. That's for sure. A few european countries have laws regarding holocaust denial, and if someone breaks the laws, an action can be taken according to the law. Because its the law of the country.

The latter is religion, a personal belief. They do not have religious laws. France does have comedies about their own religion, you can make fun of Jesus, burn bible and no one will behead you again. They do not follow Islamic laws, you cannot enforce your values on them.

Remember why Quaid-e-Azam wanted to get a separate country? Because they wanted to live in freedom, where they didn't have to follow the laws of India. As India cannot enforce their laws on us, we cannot enforce our laws or values on any other nation. This is what everyone needs to understand.

bigrabbit

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
abay Maijd agar sahi maan baap ka hai tu ziyada roashan khiyaal na bun aur agar nahin hai tu phir no tension....

Iconoclast

Comparing holocaust with religion is very illogical comparison that Pakistanis come up with. The first is slaughter of millions of innocent and helpless people, how much of a mentally sick a person needs to be to make fun of that? Having said that, I can guarantee you that you can joke about holocaust even at Auschwitz and nobody will behead you. That's for sure. A few european countries have laws regarding holocaust denial, and if someone breaks the laws, an action can be taken according to the law. Because its the law of the country.
Or perhaps you don't have any affinity with logic....
Both deal with the sentiments of the masses....
Didn't even bother reading after your initial hiccup so can't respond.

Rio

Councller (250+ posts)
Or perhaps you don't have any affinity with logic....
Both deal with the sentiments of the masses....
Didn't even bother reading after your initial hiccup so can't respond.

That's the best you could come up with?

Iconoclast

That's the best you could come up with?
That's the best your abysmally shallow reasoning in your attempt at separating the two deserves. Once you admit religion and holocaust are both sentimental issues, then your post isn't going anywhere, one can revisit it.

Rio

Councller (250+ posts)
That's the best your abysmally shallow reasoning in your attempt at separating the two deserves. Once you admit religion and holocaust are both sentimental issues, then your post isn't going anywhere, one can revisit it.

it's funny and sad watching you attempt to fit your entire vocabulary into a sentence

Iconoclast

it's funny and sad watching you attempt to fit your entire vocabulary into a sentence
Damn took you that long to Google that shit up. Color me impressed.
Ps: once a dimwit starts blabbering about my vocabulary, I know he's lost the plot so thank you.

Last edited:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
یہ دلیل وہ دے رہے ہیں جن کا پٹا ان کے خدا اور ان کی والدہ کی توہین کرنے والوں کے ہاتھ میں ہے. جن کے ہاں یہودیوں کا احترام زبردستی کروایا جاتا ہے

فرہنگ کی رگ جان پنجہ یہود میں ہے

یہ دلیل اس وقت نہیں دی گئی جب بامیان میں کچھ مجسموں کو تباہ کیا گیا تھا

Last edited:

Rio

Councller (250+ posts)
Damn took that long to Google that shit up. Color me impressed.
Ps: once a dimwit starts blabbering about my vocabulary, I know he's lost the plot so thank you.

wait, you had to google my message? man, that makes it even more funny and sad.
and what plot? you had no plot to begin with.

Iconoclast

wait, you had to google my message? man, that makes it even more funny and sad.
and what plot? you had no plot to begin with.
So me missing "you" gave you cognitive diarrhea? That explains your anal rabies.
Give up man, this battle of wits was never your forte loo.
There I corrected it. Go ahead lick your wounds.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
یہودیوں کا زبردستی احترام کروانے والے قوانین کی خلاف ورزی کی پاداش میں لاتعداد عیسائی معتوب ہو چکے ہیں. اور یہ کہہ رہا ہے "زبردستی کسی سے احترام نہیں کروایا جا سکتا". یہ روٹی کو چوچی کہتا ہو گا

Rio

Councller (250+ posts)
So me missing "you" gave you cognitive diarrhea? That explains your anal rabies.
Give up man, this battle of wits was never your forte loo.
There I corrected it. Go ahead lick your wounds.

imagine being yourself lmao

There is only 1

توہین کا الزام لگا کر کسی کو مارا نہیں جا سکتا
. . . .
ناصبی حضرات ، دہریوں غرض سب کا دوہرا میعار واضح ہے کہ دوسرے کو توہین کی اجازت نہیں ہونی چاہیے لیکن ہم کریں تو اعتراض نہ کرو

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Totally agree with you. Our attitude to propagating such things has led to an enormous damage not only to the Muslims living in the west but more importantly to the cause of our religion and its spread. We are always looking for Allah's name either on a chappati or under Nike shoes. Overall in the west people are not insensitive and would not do things on purpose to offend anyone. However response from some rigid and violent muslims is causing the ordinary people to look at our religion in a negative way. My question is why are we actively looking for insults thrown at our religion or The Prophet (SAW). Yes, if there is something in the mainstream, we should make our case rigorously and forcefully. With violent actions, I as a Muslim would also have to agree with the right wing westerners that Islam and Muslims are not compatible with western society and should not be allowed to come here. For God's sake come on, most of the muslims in western countries are refugees, supposedly fled from the country which was after their life and you come here and take lives of people. This is not only against all that Islam teaches but against the basic quid pro quo of decency.
غیر مسلموں کی طرح مسلمانوں کی اکثریت ان کی قابلیت، کارکردگی اور صلاحیت کا بہتر معاوضہ حاصل کرنے کے لئے دوسرے ممالک جاتے ہیں. ہاں کچھ ان کے مذہب، جنسی میلان، نام نہاد آزادی کی قیمت بھی وصول کرتے ہیں

global_numbers_refugeesmigrants.jpg

دنیا بھر میں پناہ گزین اور مہاجر کے مابین فرق اتنا واضح ہے یہ کہنا کے مسلمانوں کی اکثریت پناہ گزینوں پر مشتمل ہے ایک غلط اندازے سے زیادہ نہیں. اور مسلمان پناہ گزینوں کی اکثریت ان ممالک سے جنہیں مغرب نے اس کے مفاد کے لئے خانہ جنگی نظر کیا ہوا ہے

top_10_refugee_hosting_countries_infographic_06-09_copy.jpg

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
توہین کا الزام لگا کر کسی کو مارا نہیں جا سکتا
. . . .
ناصبی حضرات ، دہریوں غرض سب کا دوہرا میعار واضح ہے کہ دوسرے کو توہین کی اجازت نہیں ہونی چاہیے لیکن ہم کریں تو اعتراض نہ کرو
مسلمان، عیسائی، یہودی کے ساتھ ساتھ رافضیوں اور ناصبیوں خلاف بھی مدافعت کر رہے ہیں

Rambler

غیر مسلموں کی طرح مسلمانوں کی اکثریت ان کی قابلیت، کارکردگی اور صلاحیت کا بہتر معاوضہ حاصل کرنے کے لئے دوسرے ممالک جاتے ہیں. ہاں کچھ ان کے مذہب، جنسی میلان، نام نہاد آزادی کی قیمت بھی وصول کرتے ہیں

global_numbers_refugeesmigrants.jpg

دنیا بھر میں پناہ گزین اور مہاجر کے مابین فرق اتنا واضح ہے یہ کہنا کے مسلمانوں کی اکثریت پناہ گزینوں پر مشتمل ہے ایک غلط اندازے سے زیادہ نہیں. اور مسلمان پناہ گزینوں کی اکثریت ان ممالک سے جنہیں مغرب نے اس کے مفاد کے لئے خانہ جنگی نظر کیا ہوا ہے

top_10_refugee_hosting_countries_infographic_06-09_copy.jpg

This may be true but their is a difference between refugees in Western countries and in countries like Pakistan and Turkey. Western countries have social system which takes care of them while refugees as well as opportunities to prosper and have a better standard of living. In Pakistan for example refugees are mostly left to their own devices even hounded by institutions and departments. Then their is family migration which is linked to the refugees. There are very few of the migrants who are actually highly skilled (even if they may have degrees). The point is that many Muslims are unwilling to assimilate even to the extent permitted by our religion and hide behind laws and protections, thus creating and building on the anguish among the native population. If you are trying so desperately to live in the west, you have to respect the culture and people. What is rocket science in that. As a Muslim, I think I have more religious freedom in the west than I have in Pakistan. What's more there is no restriction on building places of worship (you are even given funds and rebates) and propagate and spread the word of Islam. What more do you want. It will be a disaster if we don't mend our ways. And violence is not acceptable at all. All Muslims should denounce it categorically and be vigilant within their ranks to report any individual or group that seems to be planning such an act.