Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee to meet on Monday for Ramazan moon sighting

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ISLAMABAD, March 10 (APP): The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee is set to convene on Monday for the holy month of Ramazan moon sighting at the office of Administrator Auqaf in Peshawar, under the chairmanship of Maulana Syed Muhammad Abdul Khabir Azad.

The meeting will witness the participation of esteemed members from both Central and Zonal Ruet-e-Hilal Committees, including Director General Syed Mushahid Hussain Khalid from the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Ghulam Murtaza from the Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission, Dr Sardar Sarfaraz from the Pakistan Meteorological Department, and Zainul Abedin from the Ministry of Science and Technology.

Among the distinguished members of the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee are Yasin Zafar, Allama Dr Muhammad Hussain Akbar, Mufti Faisal Ahmed, Qari Abdul Rauf Madani, Mufti Ali Asghar Attari, Mufti Yusuf Kashmiri, Mufti Zameer Ahmad Sajid, Pir Syed Shahid Ali Jilani, Maulana Abdul Malik Brohi, Maulana Ashraf Ali, Mufti Qari Mehrullah, Sahibzada Syed Habibullah Chishti, and Maulana Asad Zakaria Qasmi.

Representatives from the Zonal Committee Peshawar include Maulana Ehsanul Haq, Maulana Mufti Fazlullah, Maulana Muhammad Ali Shah, Maulana Syed Abdul Basir Rostami, Allama Abid Hussain Shakri, and Mufti Atiqullah Qadri, along with other esteemed scholars.

Maulana Syed Muhammad Abdul Khabir Azad emphasized that similar meetings of zonal committees across the country will be held at their respective headquarters in Lahore, Karachi, Quetta, and Islamabad to decide the moon sighting of the month of Ramazan 1445 AH.

Azad appealed to all citizens of Pakistan to be vigilant in sighting the moon of Ramazan, expressing hope for a unified day of fasting for the country.

He also provided contact information for inquiries regarding moon sighting: Chairman (0321-9410041 / 0333-9100619), DG Religious Affairs (0300-6831822), and Office Administrator Auqaf Peshawar (091-9330427).

Published Sun, 10 Mar 2024, 7:29 PM

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The moronic & useless mullahs will keep on making the ignorant Muslims fall for their petty gains & nonsense which has nothing to do with Islam.
The so-called Islamic calendar is not Islamic at all.

Pakcola

Senator (1k+ posts)
کھاؤ پیو چاند دیکھو پر فیصلہ "اسی" کا ہو گا "وہ" جب بولے گا چاند ہوجائے گا

karachiwala

The moronic & useless mullahs will keep on making the ignorant Muslims fall for their petty gains & nonsense which has nothing to do with Islam.

Useless moronic Islamophobes will tell us about Islam today although not even knowledgeable in taharah

Wake up Pak

Useless moronic Islamophobes will tell us about Islam today although not even knowledgeable in taharah
O brother, why are you so angry? I posted what I believe to be correct, and it makes sense. However, you did not even attempt to counter the argument with logic & rationale.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

And also its a misnomer that you have to fast for the entire 30 days

Wake up Pak

And also its a misnomer that you have to fast for the entire 30 days

Exactly! but our mullahs are adamant that we must fast for 30 days. Nowhere in the Quran, does it say to fast the whole month of Ramadan, but a limited number of days.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
What is your take on this video? It is a bit confusing for me.

This guy is going the way of Al Moses Phd and to a degree where Ghulam Ahmed Parvaiz went. Quran is clear and easy to understand, these people for lack of a better term baal ki kaal nikal rahay hain. Trying to look between the words when you dont need to. Trying to make a new meaning of things when the actual thing is very clear and obvious. Meanings of the words like safar, mareed, shahr are very clear. Maybe because of the Arabic/urdu word mashoor, but root is not shahr but shaheer so on and so forth. Remember Quran says it is easy to understand and this is just unnessacrily complicating it.

Siyam is not the only thing in the Quran which is "Kutibah alikum" Qisas and Wasiha ( inheritance ) is also mentioned as kutibah. And it also says its prescribed which I think the best translation for kutibah, just like a doctor prescribes you medince as in writes it down for you, so was siyam written down/prescribed in earlier books of Allah as in the Quran so clearly a practice early Muslims also use to do.

I also agree that siyam is not obligatory because Quran says ,فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ So who ever witnesses ( the month ) from among you فَلْيَصُمْهُ ۖlet him fast it or in it. It doesnt say as the month starts everyone should fast and for the whole month So how much? Ayam'an mehdoodat i.e limited number of days but we know that from the same surah its between 2 to 10 days when further explanation is given on ayam'am mehdoodat a few ayahs down. But also Quran says it is better for you to do so, but still not a must.

Also he doesn't address verse 2:187 which tells us how to fast. That we can be intimate with our wives during the night and that we make eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct from the night, NOT FAJR AZAN no such thing and to break it at night as in when it gets dark, not maghrib azan, again no such thing and not at dusk but
ثُمَّ أَتِمُّوا۟ ٱلصِّيَامَ إِلَى ٱلَّيْلِ ۚ
break it at night

I stopped listening to GAP and now I've stopped listening to Al Moses PHD also for this very reason, they are doing way too much verbal gymnastics and trying too hard to dig up meanings which are just not there. And I see the same happening here also. Although it might seems like the "explanation fits" but its like When I say oh its dark outside but you want to make more of my simple statement, oh you meant you feel that you are surrounded by sadness thats why everything is dark outside for you! And to some reader that might make perfect sense too and in certain context it might even be true. BUT I just wanted to relay the fact its dark outside and nothing else.

So these baal ka kaal people I've stopped paying attention too. I do check them out, because like I say even a broken clock is right twice a day and even here he was right about a few things but rest of it was just over analyzing and do exactly that, Confuse people

Last edited:

Wake up Pak

This guy is going the way of Al Moses Phd and to a degree where Ghulam Ahmed Parvaiz went. Quran is clear and easy to understand, these people for lack of a better term baal ki kaal nikal rahay hain. Trying to look between the words when you dont need to. Trying to make a new meaning of things when the actual thing is very clear and obvious. Meanings of the words like safar, mareed, shahr are very clear. Maybe because of the Arabic/urdu word mashoor, but root is not shahr but shaheer so on and so forth. Remember Quran says it is easy to understand and this is just unnessacrily complicating it.

Siyam is not the only thing in the Quran which is "Kutibah alikum" Qisas and Wasiha ( inheritance ) is also mentioned as kutibah. And it also says its prescribed which I think the best translation for kutibah, just like a doctor prescribes you medince as in writes it down for you, so was siyam written down/prescribed in earlier books of Allah as in the Quran so clearly a practice early Muslims also use to do.

I also agree that siyam is not obligatory because Quran says ,فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ So who ever witnesses ( the month ) from among you فَلْيَصُمْهُ ۖlet him fast it or in it. It doesnt say as the month starts everyone should fast and for the whole month So how much? Ayam'an mehdoodat i.e limited number of days but we know that from the same surah its between 2 to 10 days when further explanation is given on ayam'am mehdoodat a few ayahs down. But also Quran says it is better for you to do so, but still not a must.

Also he doesn't address verse 2:187 which tells us how to fast. That we can be intimate with our wives during the night and that we make eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct from the night, NOT FAJR AZAN no such thing and to break it at night as in when it gets dark, not maghrib azan, again no such thing and not at dusk but
ثُمَّ أَتِمُّوا۟ ٱلصِّيَامَ إِلَى ٱلَّيْلِ ۚ
break it at night

I stopped listening to GAP and now I've stopped listening to Al Moses PHD also for this very reason, they are doing way too much verbal gymnastics and trying too hard to dig up meanings which are just not there. And I see the same happening here also. Although it might seems like the "explanation fits" but its like When I say oh its dark outside but you want to make more of my simple statement, oh you meant you feel that you are surrounded by sadness thats why everything is dark outside for you! And to some reader that might make perfect sense too and in certain context it might even be true. BUT I just wanted to relay the fact its dark outside and nothing else.

So these baal ka kaal people I've stopped paying attention too. I do check them out, because like I say even a broken clock is right twice a day and even here he was right about a few things but rest of it was just over analyzing and do exactly that, Confuse people
I don't believe in blindly following anyone, which is why I was seeking your opinion. I always try to verify if what someone is saying makes sense or not. Although Al Moses has some good videos, I don't necessarily accept everything he says.
I'm just a humble student of the Quran.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I don't believe in blindly following anyone, which is why I was seeking your opinion. I always try to verify if what someone is saying makes sense or not. Although Al Moses has some good videos, I don't necessarily accept everything he says.
I'm just a humble student of the Quran.
Yeah these over complicated stuff never makes sense to me, most of the time I'm lost halfway through. While I'm thinking wait what how did he just say this means that without any justification 2 or 3 more similar bombs have gone off, then I have to go back and try to make sense of it from the beginning and rarely does it makes sense.

Now that I have watched the full video you posted, guy goes on to make the same thing about lail/night I was giving an example of about it being dark! lol what a coincidence.