PTCL is a BIG cheat & Rip off - This is how they steal your Data usage - Read to know more....

Aagha

Thank you for the great initiative Siasat.pk
I just registered to write down my complain on here.

We badly needed this sort of a platform. I'm sure there will be thousands who are frustrated and need some place to steam out their frustration.

My issue is also with ptcl

How PTCL is ripping people off:

I was a long time user of EVO PTCL 3g device until last month. My package of Rs. 1250 allowed me a data limit (up and down) of 30GB per month (starting 7th of each month till 7th of next month). However my usage was cut off at 23.5GB as seen in the screenshot. I’ve tried reaching PTCL complaint number many times (about 10 times near the end of november who first claimed its a technical issue and will be resolved within 24 hours. After a few days they started claiming the usage limit of 30GB has been reached and the stats will update in an hour or two. To this date, the stats show the same 23.5GB usage.

In my area, there are no PTCL land lines therefore I can’t enjoy unlimited DSL nor are there other companies that provide Wireless coverage. Due to this very reason, PTCL is ripping me off, cutting my Data limit off at 23.5GB rather than my allowed 30GB. I’ve also tried reaching PTCL office in person who say they cant do anything since its people at the Backend who are responsible!

I’ve censored my MDN number for privacy reasons here, but can provide it if reached by PTCL. They can check my usage record and also listen to my complaint calls for proof.
If any senior employee of PTCL can read this, kindly take this complaint into consideration as I seriously believe some of your employees are cheating your customers! - [email protected]

Here is the screen shot of my usage

10846273_385983231560861_4962144550838587594_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Salam. i use to have same package but months ago they capped the packages from 30GB to 20GB. it was useless for me as every month my quota was over with in 15 days. So i switched to LANDLINE DSL Rs1550/= for 30GB package now much satisfied.
They also capped 70GB unlimited package to 30GB so you could understand how frustrated people were.
best of luck

oqaziuet

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
There are other small providers like Wateen but they are not all over, only in certain areas. In all of Lahore, they only offer their services in DHA area

There is this Multinet which is 1000 times better than PTCL and their office is in National Telecommunication Corporation building near China Chowk Lahore.

Liaqat Hussain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
There is this Multinet which is 1000 times better than PTCL and their office is in National Telecommunication Corporation building near China Chowk Lahore.

Multinet is a great but tell them the price as well.

First of all they will check how far you are from them and to get you the line, they will be charging for it. Depending on your location, the charges will be between 50-150k. After that it depends what kind of connection you get. They charge 24000 per month for 2mb connection,36000 for 4mb connection and so on.

Quite expensive! That is the only big businesses go with them. Average consumer can't afford them.