PTCL ripped me off They took away 35,000 rupees by defrauding

TakhreebKaar

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I am going to share a very rough experience I had with PTCL (Pakistan Telecommunication Limited) broadband service . I have an online business which is totally dependent on internet. I need 24/7 connectivity through a fast speed broadband internet connection and for that we only have one major option in the market and that's PTCL. Like many other I was also using it. I ordered 4 MB connection about 8 months ago but I was only getting speed up to 1.5-2Mbps when on its bloom.

First of all their customer service is horrible. We filed this complain but only after 10-12 days a guy showed up, just to tell us that they cant do much about it. Since there was no other provider in our area, we were forced to stick with ptcl. I called customer service once more and the rep suggested that I should upgrade to 8mb and I did that. The rep convinced me that that since it is a shared line, I will be able to get 4-5mb speed on this connection.

Finally after about 10 days they gave us a new modem activated the upgrade but I noticed that it also didn't much solve the problem as not much of a difference was there, and that also was not regular as majority of us know that PTCL can close its eyes anytime it wants. I was being charged for 8MB. I used to complain on frequent intervals but out of 10 complains they used to respond only a single one and that also not satisfactory. one day a line man finally showed up and once again I explained him the agony I was going through and he breaks the news that your connection is still 2 MB because the line you are using in your area is mere copper and not Fiber Optic. it doesn't have capability to transmit data more than 2MB.

Out of shock, I contacted the helpline and told them the story that you up sell me the 8 MB package but you actually didn't upgrade the service and you guys have been over charging me for past 8 months. so it was a total rip-off. I was totally not surprised when they said there will be no recovery or compensation of any kind of the money I have been over paying.

I am now changing my service to a dedicated line provider but I wanted to share this story. PTCL is the market leader, they have the biggest network and secondly they are Sami-Government institution so they have monopoly and we are there whim and thus helpless.

Dread Robert

MPA (400+ posts)
Sorry to hear that they charged you for 4 mb connection and gave you 2 mb connection, Copper line is **** for pro work and its true if you want speed more than 2 mb your copper connection will not work. You need to change your number to fiber line.
Same issue I had with ptcl, I am doing online business since long, I am running many private servers. Once your migrate your connection to fiber you'll be happy with it , After moving to fiber line I won't regret , I got 80-90% average speed , Almost less down time.

These days you'll even get 8 mb speed on 4 mb connection . PTCL promotion.

For more help you can contact me.
Regards

Last edited:

Waseem

Staff member
پرائیویٹائیز ہونے کے باوجود پی ٹی سی ایک ابھی تک "سرکاری" مائنڈ سیٹ سے مکمل طور پر باہر نہیں نکل سکا -

اجارہ داری کی وجہ سے یہ لوگ بے مہار ہیں جو دل کیا کر دیا - ان کی ایکسچینج آپ جائیں تو ١٠ بجے تک کوئی لائن مین نہیں آیا ہوتا - مرضی سے اتے ہیں مرضی سے چھٹی کر جاتے ہیں -

میں اس وقت ان کی چار سروسز استعمال کر رہا ہوں - فون ، برا ڈ بینڈ ، سمارٹ ٹی وی - اور تھری جی ایوو

ٹیلی فون اور سمارٹ ٹی بارے شکایت کم ہوتی ہے - لیکن براڈ بینڈ کا ٹھیک نہ چلنا تقریبا روز کا معمول ہے - تھری جی ایوو تو اتنی گھٹیا کہ میں نے تقریبا استعمال کرنا ہی چھوڑ دی -

چند ماہ پہلے انہوں نے میرا 4 ایم بی کا کنکشن ڈ اؤن گریڈ کر کے 2 ایم بی کر دیا - وجہ پوچھی تو کہنے لگے کہ اپ کے نمبر سے پچھلے چند ماہ میں 20 بار شکایت درج کروائی گئیں - اور اس لیے ان عالی دماغوں نے سوچا کہ شائد چار ایم بی میری لائن کے لیے ٹھیک نہیں -

الله کے بندو جب میں چار چار سروسز استعمال کروں گا اور اوپر سے میرا کام بھی ہر وقت انٹرنیٹ سے متعلق تو مسئلہ انے پر میں شکایت تو کروں گا نا ؟

insaf-seeker

Minister (2k+ posts)
PTCl is the most pathetic service provider. I would suggest you to move to 3G depicted (not EVO) if you are in coverage area of any 3G service provider

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I had the same problem. I spent summer vacation in Lahore with kids two years ago and all the time we had problem with network. Complaint about speed and connectivity. We had no annual contract but after 2 months they refused to disconnect. it took my 78 years old father at least six months and countless "chakkers" to their offices. finally my father had to disconnect phone line to end this nightmare.

Fatema

عدیل برو نیا سیکشن بزنس ریویو کے نام سے کھول رہے ہیں جن میں بزنس اور پروڈکٹس ریویو ہوں گے۔ ۔ ۔بہت اچھا آئیڈیا ہے کہ پی ٹی سی ایل ریویو سے ہی شروع کیا جائے۔ ۔ ۔آپ اپنی شکایتیں اسی سیکشن میں پوسٹ کریں

TakhreebKaar

PTCl is the most pathetic service provider. I would suggest you to move to 3G depicted (not EVO) if you are in coverage area of any 3G service provider

3G is great but the maximum you can get on it is 8gb per month. Not enough, we need it unlimited

TakhreebKaar

Sorry to hear that they charged you for 4 mb connection and gave you 2 mb connection, Copper line is **** for pro work and its true if you want speed more than 2 mb your copper connection will not work. You need to change your number to fiber line.
Same issue I had with ptcl, I am doing online business since long, I am running many private servers. Once your migrate your connection to fiber you'll be happy with it , After moving to fiber line I won't regret , I got 80-90% average speed , Almost less down time.

These days you'll even get 8 mb speed on 4 mb connection . PTCL promotion.

For more help you can contact me.
Regards

Finally they did give us fiber wire and for the first 2 weeks, it was completely down for us. The ptcl guy said they are putting a new system up at the back end. I had to buy char ji device for those two weeks when it was completely down. For that down time, there was no compensation.

I have had enough of ptcl. I'm happy I moved with multinet. Great reliable consistent service. I will suggest all business owners to try it. 99.9% uptime

Liaqat Hussain

Great initiative

All the thugs need to be exposed in NIA Pakistan, InshAllah

We need competition...we need more companies providing internet access.

I would leave ptcl in a day, if we have one. really sick and tired of them but forced to stick with them

hdaackda

Councller (250+ posts)
Bro, share your story with @PTCLCares & @PTCLOfficial.
They are high ups and usually respond to my complains with quick fix

But I agree.. PTCL otherwise is very lousy!

Sane Pakistani

Councller (250+ posts)
49o865j.jpg

http://pcpc.punjab.gov.pk/

[h=2]Damages of Rs.20,000/ On Faulted Iron[/h]14FEBIn the Court of Ijaz Ali District & Sessions Judge/ Presiding Officer
District Consumer Court Lahore.
History Of Case
Brief facts are that the petitioner purchased Iron steel trolley for an amount of Rs. 2500/-, amount was paid and trolley was delivered to the petitioner’s house. The petitioner found that the trolley not according to the instructions as one of that leg was broken and had been painted just to deceive the customers and the petitioner made a complaint to the respondent whereupon the respondent promised to replace the same but did not do so.
In view of the statement of the respondent the complaint in hand is decided
in the way that respondent would pay sale amount of Rs. 2500/ – to the complainant (subject to return of trolley if in the possession of the petitioner) and respondent is also burdened with cost of Rs. 5000/- and this process would be completed within 15 days.
Announced 03-11-2011

Sane Pakistani

Councller (250+ posts)

ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536
ABU ASMA

JAN 27, 2009

[h=1]Protecting Consumer Rights in Pakistan![/h]

The best thing we often find as an good example is the system of the western world, where the consumer rights are equally protected. You may spend decade in these countries and hardly face any fraud, misleading statement/advertising or higher prices. The result is that the consumer is satisfied more then any thing. Their system is based on justice and equality.

In countries like Pakistan, we have two way problem, first implementation and then the informed decision of the public. Most of our common user are not aware of thier rights as the consumer, if they find any problem, they don’t know where to go and get their issues resolved. This article will give you a clear direction to move in the future in case of any complaint against any misdeed of the seller on quality, services, prices or misleading advertising.
In the modern era we are ready to buy very costly gadgets to move ahead in the challenges of the time. In spite of the multinational brands, we worry for the fact that these gadgets may turn out as faulty any time and our hard earn money may waste. So, this is the hard fact that, while being ignorant of our rights as consumer, we don’t know how to act and protect our rights. Then another thing which is very important is the documentation of our purchase (recipient) which we often do not care and through away at any place. We often think that the gadget we have purchased is of good quality and we will not face any problem in the future. Most of the time we are told by the seller that this item has one year or two year warranty. But when we face any problem in that Mobile, computer or any type of equipment, we suddenly remember the warranty card…..but often there are good chances that you have lost that card any way.
In another case we might have every thing like mobile warranty card, the purchasing receipt and other documents and we claim the warranty. The shop keeper simply looks at the mobile and after checking for some time he may explain that we are not able to replace it as this type of fault is out of our warranty scope ( like the moisture in the mobile). This situation gives you a very bad feeling and you think that you might have lost every thing. That might be the hardest time when we curse ourselves and blame the whole damage for such action.
Hold a minute, you still have lost nothing. You have the chance to submit an application in Punjab Consumer Protection Council (PCPC).
Simply go the CPCP in your area; these councils were established under consumer protection act 2005. Since then they have resolved hundred of cases up till know. Other then normal cases, a doctor have to pay for his negligence to a person a heavy punishment of 0.5 million.
How to lodge a complaint?
First of all, always keep the original receipt and warrantee card with you.
First try to solve the problem and give a 15 day notice to the seller to solve the problem other wise you will lodge a complaint against the seller. After 15 days period, write an application on a plane paper with your name, contact No., address and the complaint. Attached the Notice, Warrantee card and purchasing receipt with the application and send it to your nearest district consumer council.
The council comprising of the representatives and district administration will asses the complaint and send a notice to the seller through the DPO. You will not have to pay any thing for this processing. If the seller satisfied the council that he was right to reject the warranty (or any other issue) then the complaint will be disposed off in his favor. However, if he can’t satisfy the council, the council asks you what you want? a new mobile or money. On your choice, the council will ask the seller to do accordingly. However, if the seller disagrees with the decision, then the case will be transferred to the court.
The council representative will support the consumer in the court and police will bring the culprit to the court where he will have to pay all the dues and lawyer fee himself. On the other hand consumer will not have to pay any thing but to wait the decision.
This process may be long but at least you have the right to lodge a complaint against the seller at any place.
We have seen that in case of Ufone, last week a person has lodged complain of cheating the consumer for the cheapest call of the world which was not true any way. On what PCPC took the notice and the case is underway now. Similarly if all consumers are able to know their rights they will never be cheated through the ads like “Yeh tu Dunia ki sub say susti call hay”.

Dear readers, the aim of this article was to give you a direction if you have any problem with this type of situation mobile or any other dealing, remember that you can register complain against any one at this forum when you are a consumer and you are not satisfied with the services or product you have purchased.
You can also lodge complaints in Consumer council for the following services and products.

• Low quality of products
  • Over charging then normal rates
  • Misleading statement of the shop keeper
  • Warranty issue
  • Misleading advertising
  • Unsatisfied services of Lawyer, Doctor, mason or any contractor
  • Water, Phone, Gas services
So, this will give you a good chance to teach the lesson of wrong doing of any firm or individual in the future.

http://propakistani.pk/2009/01/27/protecting-consumer-rights-in-pakistan/

By the way, you can also ask the firm to pay for your mental and physical trouble. Now this is your responsibility to protect your right as a consumer. Even if a mobile company over charge or deducts any undue charges, just write an application.

Sane Pakistani

Councller (250+ posts)

ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536
ABU ASMA

JAN 27, 2009

Protecting Consumer Rights in Pakistan!

The best thing we often find as an good example is the system of the western world, where the consumer rights are equally protected. You may spend decade in these countries and hardly face any fraud, misleading statement/advertising or higher prices. The result is that the consumer is satisfied more then any thing. Their system is based on justice and equality.

In countries like Pakistan, we have two way problem, first implementation and then the informed decision of the public. Most of our common user are not aware of thier rights as the consumer, if they find any problem, they don’t know where to go and get their issues resolved. This article will give you a clear direction to move in the future in case of any complaint against any misdeed of the seller on quality, services, prices or misleading advertising.

In the modern era we are ready to buy very costly gadgets to move ahead in the challenges of the time. In spite of the multinational brands, we worry for the fact that these gadgets may turn out as faulty any time and our hard earn money may waste. So, this is the hard fact that, while being ignorant of our rights as consumer, we don’t know how to act and protect our rights. Then another thing which is very important is the documentation of our purchase (recipient) which we often do not care and through away at any place. We often think that the gadget we have purchased is of good quality and we will not face any problem in the future. Most of the time we are told by the seller that this item has one year or two year warranty. But when we face any problem in that Mobile, computer or any type of equipment, we suddenly remember the warranty card…..but often there are good chances that you have lost that card any way.

In another case we might have every thing like mobile warranty card, the purchasing receipt and other documents and we claim the warranty. The shop keeper simply looks at the mobile and after checking for some time he may explain that we are not able to replace it as this type of fault is out of our warranty scope ( like the moisture in the mobile). This situation gives you a very bad feeling and you think that you might have lost every thing. That might be the hardest time when we curse ourselves and blame the whole damage for such action.

Hold a minute, you still have lost nothing. You have the chance to submit an application in Punjab Consumer Protection Council (PCPC).

Simply go the CPCP in your area; these councils were established under consumer protection act 2005. Since then they have resolved hundred of cases up till know. Other then normal cases, a doctor have to pay for his negligence to a person a heavy punishment of 0.5 million.
How to lodge a complaint?

First of all, always keep the original receipt and warrantee card with you.
First try to solve the problem and give a 15 day notice to the seller to solve the problem other wise you will lodge a complaint against the seller. After 15 days period, write an application on a plane paper with your name, contact No., address and the complaint. Attached the Notice, Warrantee card and purchasing receipt with the application and send it to your nearest district consumer council.

The council comprising of the representatives and district administration will asses the complaint and send a notice to the seller through the DPO. You will not have to pay any thing for this processing. If the seller satisfied the council that he was right to reject the warranty (or any other issue) then the complaint will be disposed off in his favor. However, if he can’t satisfy the council, the council asks you what you want? a new mobile or money. On your choice, the council will ask the seller to do accordingly. However, if the seller disagrees with the decision, then the case will be transferred to the court.

The council representative will support the consumer in the court and police will bring the culprit to the court where he will have to pay all the dues and lawyer fee himself. On the other hand consumer will not have to pay any thing but to wait the decision.
This process may be long but at least you have the right to lodge a complaint against the seller at any place.

We have seen that in case of Ufone, last week a person has lodged complain of cheating the consumer for the cheapest call of the world which was not true any way. On what PCPC took the notice and the case is underway now. Similarly if all consumers are able to know their rights they will never be cheated through the ads like “Yeh tu Dunia ki sub say susti call hay”.

Dear readers, the aim of this article was to give you a direction if you have any problem with this type of situation mobile or any other dealing, remember that you can register complain against any one at this forum when you are a consumer and you are not satisfied with the services or product you have purchased.

You can also lodge complaints in Consumer council for the following services an
d products.

• Low quality of products
  • Over charging then normal rates
  • Misleading statement of the shop keeper
  • Warranty issue
  • Misleading advertising
  • Unsatisfied services of Lawyer, Doctor, mason or any contractor
  • Water, Phone, Gas services
So, this will give you a good chance to teach the lesson of wrong doing of any firm or individual in the future.

By the way, you can also ask the firm to pay for your mental and physical trouble. Now this is your responsibility to protect your right as a consumer. Even if a mobile company over charge or deducts any undue charges, just write an application.

http://propakistani.pk/2009/01/27/protecting-consumer-rights-in-pakistan/

Last edited:

Adeel

Founder
Try Mobilink postpaid package, 8mbps Speed for only Rs.2000 per month and unlimited download no capping:)

I'm also with telenor. They don't give more than 8gb per month. Will be moving to mobilink if this is the case. Thanks for mentioning.

insaf-seeker

Minister (2k+ posts)
just checked with mobilink. The maximum cap is 8gb, not unlimited.

Trust me, it's unlimited. :). 8GB is the maximum bundle they offer, after that you will be charged Rs.18/mb up to 2000 Rs maximum after that it's free upto 500 GB.

And believe me, their customer support can't tell you this :)

Ps. It's data plan for SIM based data usage not data dongle.

Adeel

Founder
Trust me, it's unlimited. :). 8GB is the maximum bundle they offer, after that you will be charged Rs.18/mb up to 2000 Rs maximum after that it's free upto 500 GB.

And believe me, their customer support can't tell you this :)

Ps. It's data plan for SIM based data usage not data dongle.

so basically, you will be paying 3k per month for unlimited?

insaf-seeker

Minister (2k+ posts)
so basically, you will be paying 3k per month for unlimited?

That depends on your GSM price plan, if you go for M999 package then yes RS. 3000/month (1000 for sms,voice,1Gb data and Rs.2000 for unlimited data)
Actually 2000 rupees is the maximum threshold for data charges.

And if you go for M100 then you will be paying 2100 per month.