Message of Rabi ul Awal to Muslim ummah

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Why UK and USA following FPS and others MKS?
But no country follows both of the systems at the same time. If they did, there would have been confusion. Since we follow both of the calendars at the same time , some people get confused. I think this is what he is trying to suggest.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Now, that is a completely different issue. As a Muslim you have to accept Hijri calendar. Because we celebrate Ramazan , Eid etc. But it is not practical for daily use . Because we don't know when 1st RabiusSanni will be ( if we believe on moon sightening). So we can't prepare for the future. Suppose I have to book a flight for Ist Rabbiussani . I won't know what day it will be.
That is the reason we follow two calendars. We follow Islamic calendar to go to heaven, to practise Islamic celebrations.
No, I won't agree with your justification.
There is a flaw in the so-called Islamic calendar.
As Muslims, we are asked by Allah to ponder and reflect upon and do not follow anything blindly.

pinionated

Minister (2k+ posts)
Isn’t it great that we get to celebrate Eid at all times of the year. How boring if it was the same time of the year. Would I celebrate my birthday at different times of the year, No.
As a religious calendar Hijri calendar makes the most sense. For your day to day things, use the Gregorian calendar

Okara

But no country follows both of the systems at the same time. If they did, there would have been confusion. Since we follow both of the calendars at the same time , some people get confused. I think this is what he is trying to suggest.
That's right but we Muslim follow Hijri Calendar not Gregorian one

knowledge88

No, I won't agree with your justification.
There is a flaw in the so-called Islamic calendar.
As Muslims, we are asked by Allah to ponder and reflect upon and do not follow anything blindly.
Without following the Islamic calendar how would you follow Ramazan ? Addition of 11 dates to make it 365 like Jews did in their luner calendar will not be accepted by Muslims. So you will have to live with that.

knowledge88

That's right but we Muslim follow Hijri Calendar not Gregorian one
No we follow both. We only follow Hijri for religious rituals. We can't follow Hijri calendar for day to day tasks because we don't know the dates for the next month in a Hijri calendar. It is dependent on moon sightening. So we follow Gregorian for other purpose.

knowledge88

Isn’t it great that we get to celebrate Eid at all times of the year. How boring if it was the same time of the year. Would I celebrate my birthday at different times of the year, No.
As a religious calendar Hijri calendar makes the most sense. For your day to day things, use the Gregorian calendar
This is exactly what he is saying. If you don't want to celebrate your birthday at different time of the year then why do we celebrate prophet Muhammad pbuh birthday different time of the year. Solution is, don't celebrate birthdays. Prophet Muhammad pbuh never celebrated his or any other person's birthday. Birthday celebrations started by Christians.

Wake up Pak

Without following the Islamic calendar how would you follow Ramazan ? Addition of 11 dates to make it 365 like Jews did in their luner calendar will not be accepted by Muslims. So you will have to live with that.
I am the least bit worried about if I don't follow the so-called Islamic calendar. Believe me, I am living comfortably by not following it.
As for Ramazan again the same logic applies.
I will fast as per the Quranic injunctions and I am studying the details.

Wake up Pak

This is exactly what he is saying. If you don't want to celebrate your birthday at different time of the year then why do we celebrate prophet Muhammad pbuh birthday different time of the year. Solution is, don't celebrate birthdays. Prophet Muhammad pbuh never celebrated his or any other person's birthday. Birthday celebrations started by Christians.
I agree that Prophet Mohammad PBUH never celebrated his birthday and neither did sahaba Akram celebrated his birthday.

pinionated

Minister (2k+ posts)
I would regard prophet Muhammad’s pbuh birthday as a religious type event. It’s not something that has to be celebrated, but if u want to, go ahead and treat it as a Islamic holiday. It’s just a day to remember the founder of Islam.

knowledge88

I would regard prophet Muhammad’s pbuh birthday as a religious type event. It’s not something that has to be celebrated, but if u want to, go ahead and treat it as a Islamic holiday. It’s just a day to remember the founder of Islam.
What ?
It is a day to remember the founder of Islam ?
Do you pray ? A Muslim has to pray 5 times a day . In each namaz he/she also recites Durood. A Muslim remembers Prophet Muhammad pbuh at least 5 times a day. Not once a year through 12 Rabiul Awal. Also you can't start a Muslim religious event that was never considered during Prophet Muhammad pbuh era, during Sahaba era. Which is not mentioned in Quran.

Okara

Indeed Prophet Muhammad PBUH or his Sihaba Ikram Ridwanullah Majmaeen or Tabaeen, or TabaTabaeen never celeberated Eid Miladun Nabi (Birthday of Prophet) but by Fatimid Caliphate nearly 900 AD. Means after 3 centuries of the times of Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
We are following this Hadith (Sahih al-Bukhari 7320, Book 96, Hadith 50)
"The Prophet PBUH said, "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit (i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Messenger PBUH! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?""

If someone does agree with me then he or she should take a pictures on Eid Miladun Nabi and Christmas and then mix them and its not easy to differentiate them.

knowledge88

Indeed Prophet Muhammad PBUH or his Sihaba Ikram Ridwanullah Majmaeen or Tabaeen, or TabaTabaeen never celeberated Eid Miladun Nabi (Birthday of Prophet) but by Fatimid Caliphate nearly 900 AD. Means after 3 centuries of the times of Prophet Muhammad PBUH.
We are following this Hadith (Sahih al-Bukhari 7320, Book 96, Hadith 50)
"The Prophet PBUH said, "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit (i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Messenger PBUH! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?""

If someone does agree with me then he or she should take a pictures on Eid Miladun Nabi and Christmas and then mix them and its not easy to differentiate them.
I fully agree. You will never hear Christians following Muslims and starting Eid as Christian celebration. . They have Easter and Christmas all through 2000 years, no additions.
But we Muslims have additions. Prophet Muhammad birthday is a religious event now though Prophet Muhammad pbuh never considered it . This is our love of prophet Muhammad pbuh or our admiration of Christians so we are also celebrating birthday of our Prophet like they celebrate birthday of Hazrat isah. Christians have taught us how to show gratitude to the highly respected religious figure, so we also celebrate Prophet Muhammad PBUH birthdays.

Last edited:

Okara

I fully agree. You will never hear Christians following Muslims and starting Eid as Christian celebration. . They have Easter and Christmas all through 2000 years, no additions.
But we Muslims have additions. Prophet Muhammad birthday is a religious event now though Prophet Muhammad pbuh never considered it . This is our love of prophet Muhammad pbuh or our admiration of Christians so we are also celebrating birthday of our Prophet like they celebrate birthday of Hazrat isah. Christians have taught us how to show gratitude to the highly respected religious figure, so we also celebrate Prophet Muhammad PBUH birthdays.
As I mentioned it was started by Fatirmids who were from Ismaeli Sect and once got defeated in Egypt they were the ones started Assasins movement under Hassan Bin Sabbah and were destroyed by Mangols as they were too powerful for Muslim states to defeat.

knowledge88

As I mentioned it was started by Fatirmids who were from Ismaeli Sect and once got defeated in Egypt they were the ones started Assasins movement under Hassan Bin Sabbah and were destroyed by Mangols as they were too powerful for Muslim states to defeat.
I understand when it started. But celebrating birthdays for respectful religious figures is only a Christian practice. There is no evidence in Islam for celebrating anyone's birthdays.

There is only 1

ایسے بھی جاہل ہوتے ہیں جو مغربی کیلنڈر کو سٹینڈرڈ مان لیتے ہیں اور پھر احمقانہ سوالات سے صفحے کالے کرتے ہیں

AbbuJee

Same question can be asked why people follow Solar and not Lunar calendar? Why some use KG but some LB for weight? Why cant everyone speak the same language in the world?

Kisi ko agar keera ho tou uska ilaaj koe nahe hai. ?