سب فوجی برے نہیں، کچھ ایسے بھی ہیں

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
in 17 a lt col (then major) relative of mine came for a few days training here in the us. he was surprised at the lack of strata between us army's nco/jco and co class. us army has more masawat.

That is the reason these type of nations are ruling the world.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
The majority of soldiers come from impoverished backgrounds and rely on their jobs as a means of survival. A handful of corrupt & fascists may abuse their power and use other institutions/people to act illegally against civilians.
Their jobs are more important than the country they swore to protect? More important than not going on midnight raids, breaking into houses beating up civilians, destroying properties, breaking into polling booths etc etc? Then the police can also justify all their misconduct for the same reason.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
in 17 a lt col (then major) relative of mine came for a few days training here in the us. he was surprised at the lack of strata between us army's nco/jco and co class. us army has more masawat.
Its not only in the Army, Although it is exaggerated there, its everywhere in Pakistan, boss comes into the office everyone stands ups like personal servants, no one dare speak frankly or casually with or in front of their manager and there are many more such examples. Starting from the home all the way up, this exists in our society while in the west the lack of strata as you put it in also everywhere.

Wake up Pak

Their jobs are more important than the country they swore to protect? More important than not going on midnight raids, breaking into houses beating up civilians, destroying properties, breaking into polling booths etc etc? Then the police can also justify all their misconduct for the same reason.
Well, 550,000 soldiers in the army can not be held accountable for a handful of top corrupt fascist generals and their ilks. As they say fish rots from head down.
Even IK has said several times that criticizing a few in the institution does not mean the whole institution is corrupt. Even PTI had and still has bad apples in it, but it does not constitute that the whole PTI is bad or corrupt.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Well, 550,000 soldiers in the army can not be held accountable for a handful of top corrupt fascist generals and their ilks. As they say fish rots from head down.
Even IK has said several times that criticizing a few in the institution does not mean the whole institution is corrupt. Even PTI had and still has bad apples in it, but it does not constitute that the whole PTI is bad or corrupt.
As the saying goes, silence is equal to ...... Haan ji. Simple question would you still serve in the army and obey orders today?

Wake up Pak

As the saying goes, silence is equal to ...... Haan ji. Simple question would you still serve in the army and obey orders today?
Yes, I would, but if the orders are against my oath I won't obey. But having said that, it does not apply to 90% of the soldiers as they were never asked to destroy civilians homes or kidnap them. This is all done at the top level and they threaten and abuse the other institutional heads to do the dirty jobs for them.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
But not me. Because I have family in the Army, including ISI ( now rtd ) and know how they have been brainwashed for them their only loyalty is to the institution, chain of command and rank

Wake up Pak

But not me. Because I have family in the Army, including ISI ( now rtd ) and know how they have been brainwashed for them their only loyalty is to the institution, chain of command and rank
I will still not blame the 90% as in any organization the subordinate follows the boss's orders, besides, these 90% are the ones who are sacrificing their lives day in & day out to protect Pakistan & its people from the enemy.
There are issues within the army that need to be addressed. Pakistan requires a brave and devoted general who can implement significant reforms in the army. We cannot hold the entire institution accountable for the actions of a few hundred corrupt & fascist generals.