پاکستانی غربیوں کا پیٹ رج کے بھرنے والی اورسیز ویڈیوز میں بہترین ویڈیو

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If you have relatives in the middle class who trade in Sugar, Flour and Oil/Ghee.... then you must be right. If you have friends, dealing in pharmaceuticals, you are damn right!

But if you are a labourer, whose monthly income was raised from 15K to 20K (33% increase), then you are in a big trouble and almost at the verge of extinction right now in Pakistan. Because, only Roti has seen a price increase of 50% in the past year. Oil is almost 120%, Sugar is 100%, Flour is by 60% and Pharmaceuticals have almost increased 500% of their prices.

Relatively, the prices of clothing and housing have also shot up ... manifold.

So yes, the middle class is booming..... but at the expense of something.... guess what is that? is it the growing and deepening disparity?

I do not understand why people sometimes become more Christian than the Christ. If IK is admitting that there is a big inflation, then why the Youthias are saying there is not?

Forget oil/ghee. Im talking about middle class, that has educated themselves well, and has educated their kids well. Twenty somethings are working as consultants left right and center. IT sector has boomed more than i expected. Income of the middle class has grown at pace faster than inflation.
The rich poor disparity has always been there in Pakistan, and will take a while to correct. Inflation is there. I dont need IK to tell me that. Inflation is there ALL OVER THE WORLD.

In case youve been living under a rock for the past 2 years, COVID happened. Wake up. Its a reality of life. Prices are up everywhere. Everyone with half a brain knew that the impact of layoffs would come a year or so later.....it will take time

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Forget oil/ghee. Im talking about middle class, that has educated themselves well, and has educated their kids well. Twenty somethings are working as consultants left right and center.
I very well know what you are talking about, that is why I used the word "trade", rather than "manufacturers" or "industrialists", and I do not doubt that you very well understand that where the trade business of such commodities precipitate in the stratification zone. That is the middle.... quite meanly.

IT sector has boomed more than i expected. Income of the middle class has grown at pace faster than inflation.
I know IT sector has done well, but it is also a global phenomenon and unless you have not been living in a trench, everyone knows that there is a surge in demand for IT, driven by the virtue of this pandemic.

However, if you think that the middle tier of our society is mostly comprised of the IT techs, then you are either myopic or conveniently trying to escape the reality. The IT techs does not even account for a quarter of our white collared workforce

The rich poor disparity has always been there in Pakistan, and will take a while to correct. Inflation is there. I dont need IK to tell me that. Inflation is there ALL OVER THE WORLD.
This disparity is growing and with my previously given stats, I have explained its quantum as well. But can you relate the inflation in other parts of the world to that of Pakistan in terms of some numbers in order to just have a feel of how bad it is in Pakistan and the rest of the world? where has the basic commodities shot up like 100 to 200% on price index?

In case youve been living under a rock for the past 2 years, COVID happened. Wake up. Its a reality of life. Prices are up everywhere. Everyone with half a brain knew that the impact of layoffs would come a year or so later.....it will take time
TBH, I don't think that "everyone" knew about this or had really cared, or else they would've had planned for such effects of lockdowns and inflation.

When we are exporting sugar at lower rates and importing at higher rates, this means a total inaptness of Govt or being a hand in glove of certain sugar dadas. When you are importing wheat for more than a billion USD a year, while being an agricultural country and boasting that you have been having a bumper crop this year, then either it is your utter mismanagement or sheer corruption which has resulted in such shortages.

These inabilities of the govt are taking a toll at the most vulnerable and fragile part of our society i.e. the lower class and the lower middle class. When our most vulnerable are exposed to such hardships, then we do not have any right to cherish the boom of the middle class, because the middle class is acting like a bourgeoisie in this case, exploiting the tail enders of the society and TBH, we have a very long tail. Unless you live in a fool's paradise, you cannot term these circumstances as "appreciable" at any cost.