3 Idiots - 14th May 2011 - A New Comic Political Prog on Aaj TV

FaisalLatif

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: A New Comic Political Prog on Aaj TV: 3 Idiots

Nothing against Punjabi as a language, but why does a common man has to be represented as speaking Punjabi on satire shows. I cant understand Punjaabi as much as I would like to. Thus i am unable to enjoy quality satire just because I cant understand it. The notion, probably is, that these programs are made for everyone in Pakistan, not just for those living in Punjab.

It is irresponsible and sad for the TV executives to think everyone in Pakistan understand Punjabi.

Imagine a show, say on Geo tv, meant to be viewed by everyone. Irrespective of the caste, creed, language and geological location. and imagine someone speaking Pashto in it, or Sindhi or Balouchi?

Not fair! Not fair to the rest of Pakistanis.

Last edited:

swisspak

Siasat.pk - Blogger
one word - FAIL!!!
Seems like some friends here are looking for full masala mix. Kuch light bhi taste kiya karo bhai its good for health. And punjab has the biggest audience and viewers ratio in pakistani electronic media is liye its not so unfair as well and punjabi is the only language which every urdu speaker can understand with a minimal effort due to its resemblance to urdu lanuage. I being a punjabi wont object to hear sindhi,pushto or balouchi words during an urdu conversation. After all we are all Pakistanis and these are our languages!

Pakistan_1

Citizen

Faisal Bhai...Pak mein mostly movies, stage dramas, punjabi mein hi hain...even ibrarulhaq, nusrat punjabi ghazals I love all this and m from Peshawar,,, it does not mean tht sum1 is giving priority to punjabis... yaar in bollywood they use proper urdu ic ka kia mutlab k woh hindi ko acha ni samajtey... Yaar humein itni chooti baatoon k peechey ni jana chaye..
m proud to be Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, etc yeh sab meri languages hain bcoz m pakistani..........

FaisalLatif

Councller (250+ posts)
I can understand urdu, but not punjaabi. a little if one speaks really slow. as i said, i have no problem with punjabi, i have a problem with the fact that it is assumed that everyone understands it. thats just arrogant.

arkmsksh

Voter (50+ posts)
Popular Poet Wasi Shah, Waseem Abbas and Iftikhar Thakur in action...
Yaar actually bechaaray Iftikhar thakur ko urdu aati hai lekin wo agar urdu main koi juggat lagaaye ya koi mazahya baat karay to wo itni mazedaar nahi lagti... Nothing else... We are all Pakistani and brothers... :)

arkmsksh

Voter (50+ posts)

Yaar actually bechaaray Iftikhar thakur ko urdu aati hai lekin wo agar urdu main koi juggat lagaaye ya koi mazahya baat karay to wo itni mazedaar nahi lagti... Nothing else... We are all Pakistani and brothers... :)

AAsif

Citizen
It’s a good touch, been out of Pakistan anything come from Pakistan on internet is wonderful. There was a discussion about TV producers using Punjabi language in Urdu programs, for me I don’t understand Punjabi that much but I put my efforts to understand Punjabi and enjoy it. All our Pakistani local languages are beautiful have lots of cultural back ground no language is better than other, this is the last thing we needs to drag into today’s Pakistani situation be united. I thing if you are producing a particular language program than use that language only other wise produce in local language TV shows for a particular audience. Majority of Pakistanis don’t understand each other’s local language that was the reason we have a national language call Urdu. You don’t have to produce a show in Urdu language but if you do than use the Urdu language. I have same issue with English language when use so much in talk shows and dramas too. Ye Watan Tumhara hai Tum Ho Pasban Iskay. God Bless Pakistan and its People.