Any benefit to having a Canadian Passport when applying for jobs in Pakistan?

UFC2015

Voter (50+ posts)
I lived 25 plus years of my life in Pakistan where i spent my childhood and did my Bachelors and Masters in Business Administration from the Institute of Business Administration. I later on immigrated to Canada and finally got my Canadian Passport a year ago.

I am considering moving back to Pakistan. I just wanted feedback as to whether having a Canadian Passport will help me in any way, are there any specific jobs or field i can apply too where having a passport where i dont need any visa to travel to 150 plus countries in the world will be a significant advantage?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have faced the similar situation 10 years back but going back to Pakistan is not beneficial however you could try something in Mid East or Qatar or Saudi Arabia or Oman, I get the project in Oman and spend 2 years back there but then came back here to North America as I prefer here life is better in here

Dr. Saleem

Banned
Sorry to say but it shows your mentality when you use the word "Canadian Passport" . . . . what does that mean?
I think you meant to say "Canadian Citizenship".
As a Lalloo Pakistani you needed a passport that means a lot to you but what impact it could have as a person on you to impress someone?
You know, a homeless and brainless person born in Canada can get Canadian Passport . . . . can you write in your CV that you have Canadian Passport?

supers On

MPA (400+ posts)
I tried to settle in Pakistan last year. I lived in Canada for the past 15 years. Jobs in Pakistan pay less, the cost of living and kids education is high. Better wait till IK comes in power because currently, it's not a good place to live. The quality of food and water is not good either. If you plan to live by Halal means then it is very difficult in Pakistan. I hope that helps.

First Strike

I am living in Canada since 2005. During last twelve years, I visited Pakistan six times. I'm Canadian Citizen since 2009.

During my six visits of Pakistan, I've learned that job is not an option for me. Then I started investment in real estate in Pakistan in 2009. My experience is great. I have purchased multiple properties and value has gone up multi folds. I invested only in DHA and Bahria town projects for security reasons. My money is safe and no chance of fraud.

Even though I've government job in Caanda, if I go back to Pakistan permanently,I'll start a business.

If you want to go back to Pakistan then forget about job, try to start business. Pakistan has tons of potential. But do your due diligence.

nauman

Senator (1k+ posts)
I am living in Canada since 2005. During last twelve years, I visited Pakistan six times. I'm Canadian Citizen since 2009.

During my six visits of Pakistan, I've learned that job is not an option for me. Then I started investment in real estate in Pakistan in 2009. My experience is great. I have purchased multiple properties and value has gone up multi folds. I invested only in DHA and Bahria town projects for security reasons. My money is safe and no chance of fraud.

Even though I've government job in Caanda, if I go back to Pakistan permanently,I'll start a business.

If you want to go back to Pakistan then forget about job, try to start business. Pakistan has tons of potential. But do your due diligence.

Only real estate business.Trading business is nightmare

immy652

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Don't even think of middle east now, it is worst regarding job perspective especially oil and gas. In Pakistan you can have your own business.

kayawish

I tried to settle in Pakistan last year. I lived in Canada for the past 15 years. Jobs in Pakistan pay less, the cost of living and kids education is high. Better wait till IK comes in power because currently, it's not a good place to live. The quality of food and water is not good either. If you plan to live by Halal means then it is very difficult in Pakistan. I hope that helps.

what do you think if Khan come in power so Pakistan will become like US and Europe ? Khan will take time to put pakistan on track afterall our Panama PM took 45 years to bring pakistan to todays condition.

TONIC

Having a foreign passport is not a qualification but having foreign experience in certain sectors is very relevant...

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sorry to say but it shows your mentality when you use the word "Canadian Passport" . . . . what does that mean?
As a Lalloo Pakistani you needed a passport that means a lot to you but what impact it could have as a person on you to impress someone?
You know, a homeless and brainless person born in Canada can get Canadian Passport . . . . can you write in your CV that you have Canadian Passport?

Doc. I can't agree you more on the basis of social and moral ethics. However, a mere 'Canadian Passport' can definitely land you a lucrative job in the Middle East. I have seen countless brainless Canadian, Europeans and Americans holding high-profile positions merely due to their 'PASSPORTS'.

bhaibarood

Bhai forum pe poichney se behtar hai, istekhara karna.
Allah se mashwara karlo, aur shadi zaror karlo, allah shadi ke
Bad rizq may izafa karta hai

supers On

MPA (400+ posts)
what do you think if Khan come in power so Pakistan will become like US and Europe ? Khan will take the time to put pakistan on track afterall our Panama PM took 45 years to bring pakistan to todays condition.

As you say yourself, he will put Pakistan on track. Getting started on the right track is what matters.

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think better state your profession and then ask if there are jobs in the relative industry. On a general note jobs are offered based on your qualification rather than citizenship. Lot of people have immigrated to foreign countries and doing odd jobs there and now want to come back facing the same dilemma.
Mostly Doctors or IT Professionals get good jobs when they come back as per my observation

Regarding real estate, even if investing in Defence/Bahria if you are able to buy multiple houses/plots and still lot of spare money then it can be beneficial. Just putting all your savings in one or two plots is not going to give you any benefit and you will be sitting for them to be sold for months and in some cases more than a year. One of my close relative have few plots in Defence Lahore and he is in the business for years and I see his condition very well. Only big businessmen are successful in it. You'd hear stories of people boasting but when it comes to reality it is a different ballgame.
One last thing please don't inform people about your foreign nationality when you are there....there have been various cases of kidnapping for ransom as they are easy targets.

Don't mind it as might sound rude but just explaining the reality based on my observations.

Ocean 7

MPA (400+ posts)
I am in the process and living their. though I was 40 years away from my native country, getting back my lost identity, it's great living their. started my business as well. My living standard is the same as I live in a most advance country. You must be a handy man. Their is no country like your own country and culture. I changed my surrounding.
Love to live their.

PurePakistan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Love you remarks brother. Harsh but true