Apas Ki Baat - 5th April 2011

samy99

Minister (2k+ posts)
I agree with mr.sethi on most of things he said,he did elaborate pros and cons of "HEC" but to me, there are more pros than cons.Lets say 25% go waste ,according to mr.sethi but what about 75% ? Its a vendetta against HEC because they did't approve the fake degrees? why not let it run until provinces prepare the infrastructure then delvolve it,in this case the money from foreign countries will keep coming , our universities and our paksitanis abroad who are getting the scholarships will not go through hardships .HEC is at least producing lots of good brains and lots of research going on why wanna put a full stop because one person wants a revenge from someone.where is the national interest in this case? I dont wanna go into 18th amendment,HEC is good and very important for pakistan,it should continue without any hinderance. National interest is more important than personal grudge.IN west they spend at least 4 to 5% of their GDP each on education and health whereas in Pakistan less than 2% on education and same on health.

Last edited:

rakeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
Congrats to geo, for taking this lifafa under their wing, definitely builds credibility in the eyes of this pathetic govt. whom Mr. Sethi is a part of. As much as you hate Musharraf one thing you can give credit that he was oppiosed by most of the journalist community, I bet if he had the suport of Nazir Naji and Sethi, that govt. in terms of governance was 100 times better than this current hara*mkhor lot.
After RAymond Davis issue siding with him against the wishes of PAk public, now Mr.SEthi is after an only reputable organization for education, so many Pakistani lives and careers are at stake, Mr.Sethi as long as he gets his "lifafa", the future of PAkistan can go to hell.

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Congrats to geo, for taking this lifafa under their wing, definitely builds credibility in the eyes of this pathetic govt. whom Mr. Sethi is a part of. As much as you hate Musharraf one thing you can give credit that he was oppiosed by most of the journalist community, I bet if he had the suport of Nazir Naji and Sethi, that govt. in terms of governance was 100 times better than this current hara*mkhor lot.
After RAymond Davis issue siding with him against the wishes of PAk public, now Mr.SEthi is after an only reputable organization for education, so many Pakistani lives and careers are at stake, Mr.Sethi as long as he gets his "lifafa", the future of PAkistan can go to hell.

Agreed for the most part.

ReadWrite

Citizen
There are 3 Lifafa's coming to Sethi house. 1 for him the other for his wife running a paper and the bigger one for his daughter about whom it used to be said that there are two prime ministers in the prime minister house, 1 was Gilani and other Nargis Sethi.

No2liberalExtermists

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
He did'nt have balls to discuss that main issue, which is attestation of degrees. Najam Sethi toed to government's line throughout in this episode. He seemed to be supporting Punjab government aswell.
He does not have any stakes in this country. He is here just to earn money but telling shit to us. His children studied abroad and it does not matter to him if our universities go to stone age.