Bad governance: National Health Scheme is a political gimmick, says Sarwar

Team Sarwar

Citizen
LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Friday criticised the provincial government’s performance in health sector and urged government leaders to improve the existing infrastructure instead of launching new programmes.

Provincial organiser Chaudhry Sarwar issued what he called a fact sheet regarding the government’s performance in the health sector. It came a day after the launch of Prime Minister’s National Health Scheme which Sarwar called as a “political stunt”.

CXt5RBEWkAAJjqy.png:large

Sarwar said that around 43 million people in the Punjab did not have access to basic health facilities. He said that only 10 per cent of the province’s population received free medicines. “Nearly half of the 2,450 basic health units are dysfunctional due to lack of resources. On average, there is just one doctor available for 1,700 patients.”

According to the fact sheet, the Punjab Institute of Cardiology keeps patients on a waiting list up to six months for angiography. “They have to wait for up to a year for a heart bypass surgery.”

Sarwar claimed that 24 per cent of the inactivated/inject-able polio vaccine (IPV) had been wasted under the Punjab Expanded Programme on Immunisation.

Neonatal care
Sarwar said there were 202,000 neonatal deaths every year in Pakistan; 1,188 deaths a day were reported during child birth. He said 115 out of 100,000 women died while delivering a baby.

Cancer

Citing statistics published by the Ministry of National Health Services, Sarwar claimed that 140,000 new cancer patients were admitted to hospitals every year. “Thirty district headquarters hospitals in the Punjab have no facilities for cancer patients… every eighth woman in the country is suffering from breast cancer.”
He said there was an acute shortage of oncologists at government hospitals.

Kidney treatment

The PTI leader said that in terms of the doctor-patient ratio, there were 100 nephrologists for 200 million people in Pakistan whereas there were more than 5,000 nephrologists for a population of 300 million in the United States. Equipment used for the treatment of kidney was out of order in approximately 80 per cent hospitals in the province.

“Instead of investing in new health programmes, the government should improve the existing infrastructure,” Sarwar said. He called on the government to ensure that a sufficient number of doctors were available at hospitals as well as other medical facilities. He stressed the need for ensuring free medicines at all public hospitals.

https://www.facebook.com/chmohammadsarwar/

Last edited:

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Pakistan ke logo ko elaaj ki jagah Orange Train
aur bhokay ko khaney ki jagah Metro paish ki
jati ha..from ..Raja Showbaz Singh...

پرفیکٹ سٹرینجر

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
جب تک میں گورنر تھا۔۔۔ ۔ تب تک یہ مسائل دور دور تک نظر نہی آتے تھے ۔۔۔ کیوں کہ میں نمک حلالی کرتا تھا۔۔۔۔
اب میں مخالفین سے جا ملا ہوں۔ اب میں ان کی نمک حلالی کرتا ہوں۔ اور اس پر کھلا تعضاد یہ کہ میں رزق حرامی کرتا ہوں۔ یعنی شراب کا کاروبار کرتا ہوں۔ پیسہ بڑا ہے میرے پاس ۔ زرا بتاو تبدیلی کہاں کہاں لانی ہے ؟

Milk Shaykh

Banned
جب تک میں گورنر تھا۔۔۔ ۔ تب تک یہ مسائل دور دور تک نظر نہی آتے تھے ۔۔۔ کیوں کہ میں نمک حلالی کرتا تھا۔۔۔۔
اب میں مخالفین سے جا ملا ہوں۔ اب میں ان کی نمک حلالی کرتا ہوں۔ اور اس پر کھلا تعضاد یہ کہ میں رزق حرامی کرتا ہوں۔ یعنی شراب کا کاروبار کرتا ہوں۔ پیسہ بڑا ہے میرے پاس ۔ زرا بتاو تبدیلی کہاں کہاں لانی ہے ؟

i mean this with the least disrespect, but don't know the real reason as to why he didn't do anything during his governorship. our family have known him and his family before he became a went to pakistan and become the governor and my father was the one who introduced him to Imran Khan. and the reason he accepted the offer for governorship was because he thoguht he would be able to some good work for his country, but after he became governor and wanted to make real change, no one would let him do anything, especially hamza shabaz, he was the biggest obstacle and then shabaz sharif. these are his words, not mine, and after a year or so into his governorship shahbaz sharif took his governor airplane from him for his-self and gave the governor helicopter to hamza shabaz, but mr sarwar didn't care about those things because he didn't come to pakistan for luxuries, he had a luxurious life back in glasgow. again theses are his words. but they would never let him do anything at all, and the last straw which made him leave hsi governorship adn join pti is when hamza shahbaz gave him shut-up call, i don't know the reason why. but that was the last draw for him, so he left and asked my father to put in a good word with Imran Khan and then my father helped him join PTI. so please don't think like just cause you watch a few political talk shows, that you know what type of person chawdary sarwar is, he's not an angel, he has ulterior motives, but you don't know ****.

proud to be realPakistani

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
i mean this with the least disrespect, but don't know the real reason as to why he didn't do anything during his governorship. our family have known him and his family before he became a went to pakistan and become the governor and my father was the one who introduced him to Imran Khan. and the reason he accepted the offer for governorship was because he thoguht he would be able to some good work for his country, but after he became governor and wanted to make real change, no one would let him do anything, especially hamza shabaz, he was the biggest obstacle and then shabaz sharif. these are his words, not mine, and after a year or so into his governorship shahbaz sharif took his governor airplane from him for his-self and gave the governor helicopter to hamza shabaz, but mr sarwar didn't care about those things because he didn't come to pakistan for luxuries, he had a luxurious life back in glasgow. again theses are his words. but they would never let him do anything at all, and the last straw which made him leave hsi governorship adn join pti is when hamza shahbaz gave him shut-up call, i don't know the reason why. but that was the last draw for him, so he left and asked my father to put in a good word with Imran Khan and then my father helped him join PTI. so please don't think like just cause you watch a few political talk shows, that you know what type of person chawdary sarwar is, he's not an angel, he has ulterior motives, but you don't know ****.

Bhai Jan!! what is the purpose of using this ID name"Abu JANAZA"?? Amazing. What does it mean?

پرفیکٹ سٹرینجر

آپ ایک شراب کے تاجر کے لئے گواہ بن کر حاضر ہوئے ہیں جو جب تک گورنر تھا تو حرام تھا۔۔۔۔۔ لیکن جیسے ہی تحریک انصاف میں شامل ہوا فرشتہ نہی انسان ضرور بن گیا ہے ۔

آپ کو قانون کو علم ہو تو بتائئے ایک گورنر کی صوبے میں کیا ذمہ داری ہوتی ہے ؟ کیا اسے اس کی ذمہ داری پوری کرنے پر روکا گیا؟

akmal1

آپ ایک شراب کے تاجر کے لئے گواہ بن کر حاضر ہوئے ہیں جو جب تک گورنر تھا تو حرام تھا۔۔۔۔۔ لیکن جیسے ہی تحریک انصاف میں شامل ہوا فرشتہ نہی انسان ضرور بن گیا ہے ۔

آپ کو قانون کو علم ہو تو بتائئے ایک گورنر کی صوبے میں کیا ذمہ داری ہوتی ہے ؟ کیا اسے اس کی ذمہ داری پوری کرنے پر روکا گیا؟

نون لیگ میں پہلا سبق پڑھایا جاتا ہے کہ جو کوئی مخالفت کرے اسکے اعتراض کا تو کسی صورت جواب نہیں دینا لیکن فوری اس کی ذات پہ حملہ شروع کر دو
وہ اپنا اعتراض بھول کر اپنی ذات کا دفاع شروع کر دے گا
یہاں تمام نون لیگی یہی کام کرتے ہیں. اب ان جناب نے چودھری سرور صاحب کو شراب کا تاجر بنا دیا ہے لیکن یہ شرم نہیں کہ اس نے جو تمہاری کرتوت بتائی ہے وہ تو اس سے بھی بڑا گناہ ہے
لوگوں کی جانوں سے کھیل رہے ہو اور جو یہ نشاندہی کر رہا ہے اسکے ہی پیچھے پڑ گئے ہو

arafay

good. he is doing good opposition. i dont know what mehmoodur rashid does all day. at least he should raise voice on rape and crime rate in punjab.

Milk Shaykh

Banned

hahahaha, i'm not here to argue with you, just educating you that you're not some political analyst, you don't know ****, you comment of these websites thinking you know stuff, but trust me, you're just the usual guy who watches way too much political shows and thinks he's ready to go into politics. if you think their isn't a shred of truth to what i said, then just investigate what happended to mr sarwars governor airplane while he was in his governorship and who it was given to, and also what happened to his helicopter. you can pretend you're all knowledgeable and know all about chawdary sarwar, but then i would ask you to tell me his address where he lives, or what he was doing yesterday, or who he will meet, but then you'll just deflect the question again and again and again. so this is the end. good luck to yo