Bank account in Pakistan

messam

MPA (400+ posts)
Salaam to all.

I need suggestion about opening a bank account in Pakistan for my wife. We are not in Pakistan, and I would like to open a bank account for her and to transfer money to my wife's account so that she can buy a piece of land once she arrives. The bank transfer seems the only legit way to show money trail (I am sorry I don't have Qatari friends, so no letters).

Can I open account from here (provisional account or something , Ishaq Dar please comment) OR she has to come to Pakistan to open account. How long it takes. Which Documents are required? which bank shall we take.

Thanks

saqiwa

MPA (400+ posts)
بہت مشکل ہے بھائی پاکستان سے باہر کوئی پاکستانی بینک آپ کا اکاونٹ نہیں کھولے گا کیونکہ امریکہ۔یورپ کا خوف پاکستانی حکومت کے جسم کے ہر ریشے میں سرایت کر گیا ہے۔۔ ہاں اگرآپ کرپٹ پاکستانی سیاست دان ہوتے تو آپ کا ایک کی بجائے کئی بینک اکاونٹ کھل سکتے تھے اور کھل سکتے ہیں!!!۔۔۔

Last edited by a moderator:

kayawish

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
بہت مشکل ہے بھائی پاکستان سے باہر کوئی پاکستانی بینک آپ کا اکاونٹ نہیں کھولے گا کیونکہ امریکہ۔یورپ کا خوف پاکستانی حکومت کے جسم کے ہر ریشے میں سرایت کر گیا ہے۔۔ ہاں اگرآپ کرپٹ پاکستانی سیاست دان ہوتے تو آپ کا ایک کی بجائے کئی بینک اکاونٹ کھل سکتے تھے اور کھل سکتے ہیں!!!۔۔۔

na yara , bus apna NIC ya NICOP bank le jao aur account open ho jaye ga , koi tension nahin hai.i also open mines with my NICOP only.

saqiwa

MPA (400+ posts)
na yara , bus apna NIC ya NICOP bank le jao aur account open ho jaye ga , koi tension nahin hai.i also open mines with my NICOP only.

بھائی صاءب وہ بھائی یہ کہہ رہے ہیں کہ انہوں نے اپنی وائف کا بینک اکاونٹ کھلوانا ہے باہر کے ملک میں رہتے ہوئے پاکستانی بینک میں۔۔ بینک والوں کا جواب ہوگا کہ۔ پائی ساب ایتھے نئ جے کھلنا ۔ توانوں پاکستان ای جانا پئینا جے۔۔

Last edited by a moderator:

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Yes it can be done. Depends on where you are based. I have been through the process myself.

UBL has an NRP account, for non resident Pakistanis. Depending on whether UBL has a branch in the country of yoru residence, you can simply go to their branch, and ask them to open an NRP account in Rupees for you.
They will give you an application form. You will give your Pakistani address, and notify them the Pakistani branch in which you want to open your account.

They send the application to the Pakistani branch. Your details are verified, and your account is opened. It takes a couple of weeks, so be patient.
ATM card and check book are dispatched to you overseas. Whenever you travel, just take the checkbook and card with you.

You can deposit funds to your Pak account through the overseas UBL branch. Takes no more than a few min

HBL also offers a humwatan account. Not sure about how that works though.

Last edited:

Sohail Shuja

Another hassle free way would be to open an account in an international bank which operates in the country of your residence and Pakistan as well. Bank of Hong Kong and Standard Chartered etc. can solve your problem. You can operate the account once you are in Pakistan. Moreover, they can also provide you money exchange services as well.

Foreigner

Senator (1k+ posts)
Another hassle free way would be to open an account in an international bank which operates in the country of your residence and Pakistan as well. Bank of Hong Kong and Standard Chartered etc. can solve your problem. You can operate the account once you are in Pakistan. Moreover, they can also provide you money exchange services as well.

There's no such bank anywhere, let alone Pakistan.

Will_Bite

Im sure he meant HSBC....hong kong shanghai bank. Such banks are a good option, but their exchange rates are bad.
But according to news, HSBC was bought out by Meezan bank..so HSBC may not be there anymore.

Foreigner

Senator (1k+ posts)
Im sure he meant HSBC....hong kong shanghai bank. Such banks are a good option, but their exchange rates are bad.
But according to news, HSBC was bought out by Meezan bank..so HSBC may not be there anymore.

HSBC along with all other international banks left Pakistan long ago. Now there's only Citi, Standard Chartered and a few Arab banks left. Citi has also closed most of its branches and operations and is interested in the corporate banking only.

alimula

Senator (1k+ posts)
بھائی جس بھی ملک میں ہو وہاں پہ کوئی بھی پاکستانی بینک کی برانچ ہوگی۔ اس میں کھلوالو۔ پھر پاکستان میں بھی استمال ہو سکتا ہے۔

Sohail Shuja

Apologies for using the colloquial term for HSBC. I must admit I never knew it has rolled back operations from Pak. It must have been due to the' economic boom' in the country, which, the Patwari articles in the international media are professing these days.

messam

MPA (400+ posts)
Yes it can be done. Depends on where you are based. I have been through the process myself.

UBL has an NRP account, for non resident Pakistanis. Depending on whether UBL has a branch in the country of yoru residence, you can simply go to their branch, and ask them to open an NRP account in Rupees for you.
They will give you an application form. You will give your Pakistani address, and notify them the Pakistani branch in which you want to open your account.

They send the application to the Pakistani branch. Your details are verified, and your account is opened. It takes a couple of weeks, so be patient.
ATM card and check book are dispatched to you overseas. Whenever you travel, just take the checkbook and card with you.

You can deposit funds to your Pak account through the overseas UBL branch. Takes no more than a few min

HBL also offers a humwatan account. Not sure about how that works though.

Thank you bhai for providing comprehensive information. I am in UAE so this option is good for me as we have UBL branches here.

I checked HBL humwatan but I heard their customer services are not as good as UBL.

JAZZAK ALLAH KHAIR.

messam

MPA (400+ posts)
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR FEEDBACKS.

It was wonderful information provided by brothers and sisters in this forum. I appreciate your guidance and help and PRAY ALLAH TO GUIDE YOU ALL AND MYSELF always.

JAZZAK ALLAH Khair.

Will_Bite

Thank you bhai for providing comprehensive information. I am in UAE so this option is good for me as we have UBL branches here.

I checked HBL humwatan but I heard their customer services are not as good as UBL.

JAZZAK ALLAH KHAIR.
Glad I could help. According to UBLs website, they ahve 8 branches in the UAE, so one is bound to be close to you.

Tyrion Lannister

sir agar apke pass info nae hai to fuzul mae mislead na kren dosro ko, ye ksi bhi HBL me ya National ki foreign branch me NICOP ke sath foreign currency account khol skte hen aik din ka kam bhi nae hai

Tyrion Lannister

Apologies for using the colloquial term for HSBC. I must admit I never knew it has rolled back operations from Pak. It must have been due to the' economic boom' in the country, which, the Patwari articles in the international media are professing these days.
it has nothing to do with Gov, Citi HSBS closed most of their branches in many countires because they had to cut down their business to compensate their losses

saqiwa

MPA (400+ posts)
sir agar apke pass info nae hai to fuzul mae mislead na kren dosro ko, ye ksi bhi HBL me ya National ki foreign branch me NICOP ke sath foreign currency account khol skte hen aik din ka kam bhi nae hai

بھائی صاحب مجھے کسی کو مس گائیڈ کر کے کیا حاصل ہو جائے گا۔ میں غصے میں بھی کبھی کسی کو گالی نہیں دیتا لیکن اس وقت حقیقت میں میرا دل چاہ رہا ہے کہ میں پاکستانی ۔۔۔ فلاں بینک جو کہ فلاں فلاں ملک میں ہے کو نام لے کر گالی دوں۔ کیونکہ متعدد بار اس پاکستانی بینک کی برانچ میں میں نے فون کر خود پوچھا لیکن اس بد بخت اہلکار اور دوسری بار فون کرنے پر اس سے بڑے بد بخت مینجر نے مجھے یہی بتایا تھا کہ پاکستان سے بنے گا۔۔ اب اگر میں نے اپنے ذاتی تجربے سے یہ بات لکھی کہ پاکستان سے بنے گا تو ۔اس میں کسی کو میں نے کیا مس گائیڈ کر دیا بھائی صاحب۔۔۔ بس یہی دعا اللہ جبار و قہاد سے کہ اللہ میرے ملک کی ایک بار ساری گھاس کاٹ دے اور اس کی جگہ نئی گھاس اگا دے۔۔پاکستانی حرام خور جس محکمے میں ہونگے وہاں یہ ضرور دکھائیں گے کہ اللہ نے ان پر ابدی لعنت کی ہوئی ہے اور کبھی کوئی اچھا کام نہیں کرینگے۔چا ہے خانہ کعبہ اور مدینہ منورہ میں ہی کسی دفتر میں لگے ہوں وہاں بھی یہ حرام خور آپ کو درست معلومات نہیں دینگے۔۔۔ قن بھائی صاحب کو میں نے مس گائیڈ نہیں کیا بلکہ ان کو وہ بات بتائی جو ان دو لعنت کے مارے پاکستانی بینک کے ملازمین نے مجھے کہی تھی!!!!۔

saqiwa

MPA (400+ posts)

اور ان بھائی صاحب نے فوریجن کرنسی میں اکاونٹ نہیں کھلوانا سر جی۔ جو کہ مجھے سمجھ آئی۔ اں بھائی صاحب نے پاکستانی بینک میں پاکستانی اکاونٹ میں کھلوانا ہے کیونکہ انہوں نے پاکستان میں کچھ جائیداد وغیرہ خریدنی ہے۔ وہاں فوریجن اکاونٹ کیا کام دے گا ان کو؟