Butt says 'fixing' cash all 'allowances'

mohib

Senator (1k+ posts)
LONDON: Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt has said thousands of pounds of cash discovered by police searches of his hotel room during spot-fixing inquiries was all part of his legitimate tour allowances.
Butt and pacemen Mohammad Asif and Mohammed Aamer were all provisionally suspended by the International Cricket Council (ICC) following allegations resulting from a sting operation conducted by Britains News of the World newspaper that theyd all conspired in the bowling of deliberate no-balls as part of a betting scam during the fourth Test against England at Lords in August.
There were subsequent newspaper accusations that police had discovered 15,000 pounds in marked notes in Butts hotel room.
However Butt, in an excerpt of an interview at his Lahore home with an international sports TV channel, said: Well I think everybody knows the PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) pays us daily allowances on tours and it was a long tour.
About 11,000 pounds of that money was from our daily allowances and being the captain I had an extra entertainment allowance which amounts to about 4,500 pounds from the tour, which I had with me.
Butts case, and that of Asif and Aamer, will be heard by a three-man panel chaired by English lawyer Michael Beloff, who heads the ICCs code of conduct commission, at a hearing in Doha, Qatar, next month.

kashi..

Senator (1k+ posts)
Cricket corruption is rife - Gul

Cricket corruption is rife - Gul

The lawyer representing former Pakistan captain Salman Butt at next month's International Cricket Council hearing has claimed corruption is rife in world cricket.
Butt's lawyer Aftab Gul, speaking in an interview on Sky Sports News, said: "Corruption is rife in world cricket.
"I have so much evidence. I will tell you names which will make your hair stand on end."
Butt, along with fellow Pakistan internationals Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir, have been charged under the ICC's anti-corruption code in relation to allegations of spot-fixing during the fourth Test against England at Lord's in August.
The three were provisionally suspended pending a hearing by an independent tribunal in Doha due to take place between January 6-11.
Each man denies the allegations against him.
Asked what the biggest form of corruption is, Gul said: "It has now become spot fixing, it is much easier."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/dec/13/salman-butt-pakistan-spot-betting-scandal

baaghi01

Senator (1k+ posts)
Yes thats true, PCB daily distributes cash to all the players out of their big suit cases coz they believe "paseena khushk hone se pehle inko mazdoori do warna Allah naraz ho jae ga". Very nice.....

QADIANITRUTH

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Salman Butt interview by Sky sports ( must watch video )

Hard to tell, but the way ICC is conducting its business, it looks likeIt has already declared them (Buut, Amir, Asif) guilty and now depriving them of an opportunity to prove their innocence..