CASTE SYSTEM IN INDIA, WORSE THAN APARTHIED SITUATION.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Such articles are meant to make the people of my country realize how lucky we are to have a free homeland where we can do and say as we want. Yes we can improve but lets be thankfulL for what we have achieved ,and work hard instead of complaining and waiting for a messiah.
We have to know what we are dealing with,not just what they want us to know.
India is painted as a rosy flowering peaceful place by the world media and we are told that there is not much comparison but please know the facts to be armed with knowledge.

(courtesy of Aharon Daniel , http://www.gbgm-umc.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Today, many lower-caste people--especially in rural villages--are still marginalized, with little access to education, limited resources, and unskilled or menial jobs as their only option. At present, Indian society is characterized by an obsession with the kinds of development that would lead to a free-market economy. The growing economic success of some in India has created a chasm separating the rich from the poor, who make up about 56 percent of the population. Economists describe "two Indias"--one rich and one poor. India's caste system can no longer fully contain the socioeconomic change that the country is undergoing.

Rural India still presents a dismal picture of life for its low-caste people, though. A friend of mine, Dharamnath of Jagdalpur, a member of the Methodist Church and an excellent vocalist, says that the typical low-caste village family may have only one sari (a draped dress using several yards of cloth) for all its women. So, while one woman comes out the hut draped in the sari, four other women must wait inside for their turn to wear the same dress. They can only come out one by one.

Faustina explains that, even though she teaches in a mixed school run by the Roman Catholic Church in Ongur, Dalits are still separated in the village. "Normally, Dalits are put on the east side of the village," she reports, "because the wind blows from west to east, and non-Dalits don't want to be contaminated by wind that has touched Dalits. All the institutions are in the non- Dalit area of the village. We are resisting these things," she adds.

Dr. James Massey, a minister of the Church of North India and a Dalit, is a member of the government-sponsored National Commission for Minorities (NCM) in India. This commission is responsible for investigating incidents of religious violence in India. Massey says that religious violence in India is fueled by hatred and fear, not outside influences. The NCM investigated the highly publicized murder of Australian missionary Graham Stuart Staines and his two young sons, Philip (age 9) and Timothy (age 6), who were burned alive in their jeep on January 22, 1999, while they were sleeping. Staines was in Orissa working among patients with leprosy. The NCM team concluded that the incident was part of a definite plan on the part of militant Hindus to create insecurity among Christians.

The idea that India's Dalits might be united "creates the greatest fear in the minds of the upper classes," observed Professor N.G. Meshram, a Buddhist who is national treasurer of DSP. But he said that DSP is not seeking revenge. "All we want is to be able to identify ourselves." he said. "Enough misery has been suffered for all the ages."

May I add that from another site I gathered some facts and when put together I was amazed to find out that 72.5 % of the indian population comprises of Scheduled caste,Scheduled Tribal castes and OB castes and all these are lower castes. For me this is worse than apparthied.Because the world sympathises with aparthied victims but who sympathises with these people who belong to one religion.

G

sobiabb
samjh nahi aata ki tumhari naadaniyon per hansu ya roun
don,t waste ur timekhalazaan
this is not ur problem

Star Gazer

pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Hanso ya roo tumhari marzi mujhe kiya. Aur tum mat parhoo yeh tumhare leyaa nahein hay tum to pehley he jante ho.

Afsr

MPA (400+ posts)
pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Uncle ji our (Pakistani) problems r not ur problems either ,,, why u guys waste ur time in searching then posting , and giving comments on such problems :?:

Mansoor Khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
i m really sorry for my indian friends
here on siasat.pk they are coming more than we do and here they tell us that caste system is their problem so we not step in.. khabtee log hai..
strange people they always think what they say and what they do is right and most of the time its not right.....sick people i may say though i m sorry for using a harsh word i never have used...
at least they dont know how to have a discussion....
man just go away.. u know really siasat.pk stinks when there are indians on it..

Mansoor Khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
Faustina explains that, even though she teaches in a mixed school run by the Roman Catholic Church in Ongur, Dalits are still separated in the village. "Normally, Dalits are put on the east side of the village," she reports, "because the wind blows from west to east, and non-Dalits don't want to be contaminated by wind that has touched Dalits

ohhh my God.. how these people treat human beings... ohhh really disgusting
disgusting
how on the earth can these people try to judge anyone morally
or become moral judge
not at alll never....
what is this arent these dalits humanss
cow is an animal so i please request you to change the status of cow and dalits so each gets its deserved status a cow an animal and dalit a respectable human society

indian friends more ur ........... i can't say corrupt because the word feel so unsuitable here.... this is a 1000 times more than corruption.. shame on ur democracy and shame on ur shining india is this the shining india
always lieing and always crying coward people shame on you all.

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
Thanks for sharing sister - I can not thank Allah enough for our beloved country and religion. I think these Indians coming to this forum so frequently is a testament to how insecure they really are about their existence and how much they envy us as a country. SHAME!!!

God bless...

KabirfFan

Citizen
Maybe you can look under your own bed and do some social work watch this. This is officially sanctioned by Govt of Pakistan

The Offence of Zina (Enforcement Of Hudood) Ordinance, 1979.
Ordinance No. VII of 1979
February 9th, 1979

An Ordinance to bring in conformity with the injunctions of Islam the law relating to the Offence of Zina.

WHEREAS it is necessary to modify the existing law relating to zina so as to bring it in conformity with the Injunctions of Islam as set out in the Holy Quran and Sunnah;

AND WHEREAS the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action; Study this wonderful document of justice in detail it effects half the population

Now, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July 1977, read with the Laws (Continuance in Force), Order, 1977 (C.M.L.A. Order No. l of 1977), and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-

Watch This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq4PFnl1S6Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pigeon

Voter (50+ posts)
thanks sobia403 for posting .this show how lucky you guys are
and unlucky muslims those who left behind in india after partition.

indians were slaves for almost 2000 years and inherited all good bad trdaditions from history.

you should also know that in india there is upto 70% reservation in
govt jobs and school ,college and higher education for schedule cast and BC.

2 years back they introduce new 27 % quota for backwards class in PG colleges

there is a huge unrest in upper class that they are left with no opportunities.
SC/BC are every where in high posts and in parliament too.

now politician want this quota in private sector also.

lalu,mayawati,current LS speaker,most of ex presidents were from these sections.

indian is still moving slowly forward despite all these problems.

I know there is no problem like these in pakistan,
but feudals and jamidaars still exists there.your tv shows reports
about these feudal and bonded labor.they ran their private jails
and keep bonded labor there.

pakistan never did real land reforms that india did after 1947
and secondly indian give reservation to lower casts to empower them despite all confrontation.

still today majority of pakistani politician are from feudal back ground and
big mill maliks.

you know FIRDAUS ASHIQ AWAN has 800 acress of family assets,can they
run that without boned labour.in indian land refoms , no body can have land more than around 25 acres.(i'm not 100% sure )

mqm raise voice against them and mullas says they are agents.

its you to determine what is good or bad.

god bless you guys

pigeon

Voter (50+ posts)
Pakistani Lion said:
Thanks for sharing sister - I can not thank Allah enough for our beloved country and religion. I think these Indians coming to this forum so frequently is a testament to how insecure they really are about their existence and how much they envy us as a country. SHAME!!!

God bless...

internet & todays communication has bridges all the gaps.
some indians are been tempted to these forums to see hatred
that exists between those who are same in every aspect of life other
than religion or faith.some hatred views make things more interesting
and like red chilly in the food.
if you think some insecurity brings them here then............you can imagine urself

i saw one thing that pakistani are desperate to know about india.they explore
all the YOU TUBE indian video for posting and comments

and tv talk show give reference of indian tv news & show,newspapers which even indian don't see anymore.
and complain that all we watch indian channels and movies in pakistan,why india don't broadcast pakistani channels there.

since last year (before bombay incidents) all the artists,cricketer
and politicians was very desperate to visit india.

it was very interesting to know each other.

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
pigeon said:
Pakistani Lion said:

God bless...

internet & todays communication has bridges all the gaps.
some indians are been tempted to these forums to see hatred
that exists between those who are same in every aspect of life other
than religion or faith.some hatred views make things more interesting
and like red chilly in the food.
if you think some insecurity brings them here then............you can imagine urself

i saw one thing that pakistani are desperate to know about india.they explore
all the YOU TUBE indian video for posting and comments

and tv talk show give reference of indian tv news & show,newspapers which even indian don't see anymore.
and complain that all we watch indian channels and movies in pakistan,why india don't broadcast pakistani channels there.

since last year (before bombay incidents) all the artists,cricketer
and politicians was very desperate to visit india.

it was very interesting to know each other.

I'm flattered to learn that Indians are keeping account of such little details of us as to how many times we go to youtube to find vids about India - keep on dreaming you are more shameleess and pathetic than I imagined

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
In all fairness and being a Pakistani, I should and must accept that "There is worst type of apartheid/Caste System in Pakistan".. We should not throw stones towards others while living in glass houses. Theoretically, we claim to be muslims, and adherent to Islam, a religion which does not allow at all Caste system, but in practice we are "hypocrites". Pakistani society is Caste based, on Religion, locality, provinces, language, ethinic, profession and profession-cum-race. I shall not go into details further, perhaps it may hurt to many, but fact is fact, so unless Pakistanis first themselves get rid of this menace, have no right to voice against others on this matter. Let us come out of "indian- hate- concept" for the sake of it.

"The man who is good by birth becomes low by low association, but who is low by birth can't become high by high association" is the principle described in Manu, a Hindu scripture.
Pakistanis share the same cultural roots. In Pakistan the caste system is based on "jati," or birth. Castes are based on the profession in the community.

Zamindar, or landowner, is the highest; then lohar-thrukkhan, or blacksmith-carpenter; then poly, or weaver; mochi, or cobbler; meerasi-naie, or entertainer-barber. In Pakistan, the equivalents of Hindu untouchables are chammar, chura and bhangi, or janitor. These people have separate plates and cups in all employee cafeterias. They are mainly Christian, although some are Hindus and Muslims.

The caste system, in its feudal origins, reflected the importance of professions and occupations for agricultural output. Blacksmith-carpenters were important because they produced tools for agriculture, thus their high status. Pakistan is predominantly an underdeveloped agricultural society. While the caste system has religious approval under Hinduism, it has no future in an industrializing Muslim society. In an industrial era, castes are replaced by classes.

The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has a clause for castes under the article "Schedule Castes." Castes are defined by birth, even if you change your profession from cobbler to surgeon.

the suffering that is based on the caste system is worse than the bad name only those know who are facing this scenario and music in their daily lives.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Pappu mian

you need to stop hypocracy. When some one post something that is agianst India, you say that is not problems of Pakistani. Then our problem is not yours either.

if you join a forum, you have accept attacks too and keep your mind open. Learn from the adverseries. may be you will be a better man one day

A

abbasiali

sobia403 said:
pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Hanso ya roo tumhari marzi mujhe kiya. Aur tum mat parhoo yeh tumhare leyaa nahein hay tum to pehley he jante ho.
[clap] [clap] [clap] [hilar]

A

abbasiali

Afsr said:
pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Uncle ji our (Pakistani) problems r not ur problems either ,,, why u guys waste ur time in searching then posting , and giving comments on such problems :?:
[clap] [clap] [wall] [wall]

gazoomartian

abbasiali said:
sobia403 said:
pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Abbasi bhai,

chalo tumhein main timbits aur steep tea (double double) pilata hoon. tabyat hari ho jayegi

Gazoo Martian

A

abbasiali

gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:
sobia403 said:
pappufromindia said:
sobiabb
this is not ur problem

Abbasi bhai,

chalo tumhein main timbits aur steep tea (double double) pilata hoon. tabyat hari ho jayegi

Gazoo Martian
hahaha

Love to join you on cup of coffee, so nice of you.

Tabbiyat hari to kiya hogi, magar bagh bagh zarour ho gayey gi

c u soon Inshaallah

gazoomartian

Abbasi bhai,

Gazoo Martian[/quote]
hahaha

c u soon Inshaallah[/quote]

mera dil bhi kuch garden garden ho jayegy [funnny]

( I cant remember what 'hari ho jayegi' means now [wall] )

A

abbasiali

gazoomartian said:
Abbasi bhai,

Gazoo Martian
hahaha

c u soon Inshaallah[/quote]

mera dil bhi kuch garden garden ho jayegy [funnny]

( I cant remember what 'hari ho jayegi' means now [wall] )
[/quote]
same meaning lol lol lol

Star Gazer

To all my indian members on this forum.
Spreading of knowledge should never be taken as trying to malice someone.If you think it is not fair then the first step that you guys need to take is to ask your own government to back off from holdin so called Academic discussions on Baluchistan. If you have a right to spread information so do we and every body else. If I am wrong correct me but just trying to acuse me of this or that does not serve any one's purpose.
As to the fact that 70% seats are reserved for Dalits' INCORRECT. Supreme court of india says "not more than 50%" and that too is implemented only in Rajhistan. Check your facts!
My purpose of bringing out the information is to let as many people as possible know that 72.5% population of india lives below poverty line and they are worried about helping Afghanis,does no body find it strange? I am sure that 72.5% population does not even know that their government is spending money on foreigners while leaving them to rot for themselves. And indian members on the forum claim they are doing a world of good outside of india,I must say they are careless to say the least.
as for caste system in Pakistan,that is NOT religious it is simply inherited from having lived the hindus for so many centuries that we unfortunately picked some not so good ideas. Also this is not an excuse but just an explaination,we definitly need to work on it.