Concerned about the situation in Pakistan: The Rt Hon Stuart Andrew MP

silverchloride

Councller (250+ posts)
برطانوی ممبر پارلیمنٹ اور وزیر برائے مساوات اسٹیورٹ اینڈریو نے اپنے ایک پیغام میں کہا ہے کہ پاکستان میں انسانی حقوق کی صورت حال پر تشویش ہے. اپنےحلکہ کے ایک ووٹر کی ای میل کے جواب میں اپنے ای میل پیغام میں انکا کہنا تھا کہ پاکستان کے سابق وزیر اعظم عمران خان پر ہونے والے قاتلانہ حملے اور حالیہ صورت حال پر افسوس ہے. انھوں نے مزید کہا کہ پرامن احتجاج کے حق کا تحفظ کیا جانا چاہیے اور برطانیہ باقاعدگی سے پاکستان میں انسانی حقوق کی خلاف ورزیوں اور خلاف ورزیوں کی رپورٹوں کے بارے میں پاکستانی حکومت کے ساتھ سینئر سطح پر تشویش کا اظہار کرتا ہے۔

میں بھی پاکستان کے سابق وزیر اعظم عمران خان کے خلاف نئی قاتلانہ کوششوں کے بارے میں خبروں کے بارے میں سن کر پریشان ہوں۔ میں سیاسی تشدد کی کارروائیوں کی شدید مذمت کرنے میں وزراء کے ساتھ شامل ہوں اور پاکستان میں بنیادی انسانی حقوق اور ایک آزاد معاشرے کے تحفظ کے لیے برطانوی حکومت کے اقدامات کی حمایت کرتا ہوں۔ ان کا مزید کہنا تھا کہ اسلام آباد میں برطانوی ہائی کمیشن مسٹر عمران خان کے حوالے سے صورتحال پر گہری نظر رکھے ہوئے ہے۔

لندن میں وزراء، اور اسلام آباد میں برطانیہ کے ہائی کمیشن اور اقوام متحدہ میں مقیم حکام، پاکستان کی صورت حال کی نگرانی کرتے رہیں گے اور حکومت پاکستان پر زور دیں گے کہ وہ تمام لوگوں کے حقوق کی ضمانت دے، جیسا کہ ان کے آئین میں بیان کیا گیا ہے.

--

In an email response to a constitent regarding the ongoing situation in Pakistan, Mr Andrew said:

Thank you for contacting me about human rights in Pakistan.

I share your concerns about the situation in Pakistan, as you my Ministerial colleagues at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). It is for reasons such as those you describe why Pakistan is one of 31 human rights priority countries for the UK.

The recent change in Government in-country is a domestic matter for Pakistan. HM Government respects Pakistan's democratic system and does not interfere in its internal political affairs.

I have been assured by my Ministerial colleagues, however, that the UK will continue to work with the Government of Pakistan to advance our shared priorities and interests, including the promotion of regional stability. The UK is also clear that the right to peaceful protest should be protected. More broadly, the UK regularly raises concerns about reports of human rights abuses and violations in Pakistan at a senior level with the Pakistani Government.

I too am concerned to hear of reports about new assassination attempts against former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan. I join Ministers in strongly condemning acts of political violence and support the UK Government in its endeavour to protect basic human rights and an open civic society in Pakistan. I know that the British High Commission in Islamabad is closely monitoring the situation regarding Mr Khan.

Ministers in London, and officials based in the UK High Commission in Islamabad and at the UN, will continue to monitor the situation in Pakistan and urge the Government of Pakistan to guarantee the rights of all, as laid down in their Constitution and in accordance with international standards.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me.
Kind regards

Stuart

The Rt. Hon. Stuart Andrew MP
Member of Parliament for Pudsey, Horsforth and Aireborough
Please note we record all correspondence we receive from those we are able to establish as constituents of Pudsey, Horsforth and Aireborough, including your personal data, for the purpose of assisting you with your concerns or enquiries. For information on how your personal data is recorded and processed, and your rights to request your data is erased, please see our Privacy Statement at www.stuartandrew.org.uk/privacy-statement.

Please note we record all correspondence we receive from those we are able to establish as constituents of Pudsey, Horsforth and Aireborough, including your personal data, for the purpose of assisting you with your concerns or enquiries. For information on how your personal data is recorded and processed, and your rights to request your data is erased, please see our Privacy Statement at www.stuartandrew.org.uk/privacy-statement.

--

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital_Pakistani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The least worried is the establishment that is bound by the constitution to maintain security. To which Political/economic security is a part.

Melanthus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Overseas Pakistanis should write to their parliamentarians about the human rights abuses in Pakistan.I know in UK the MPs are pretty good at addressing concerns of their constituents.Anyone can write to them ,email them or attend in person when they hold surgeries in the constituency.The fascist hybrid regime with stop using fascist tactics if the west starts condemning it.Remember Showbaz Bhikari’s dictum ‘Beggars can’t be choosers’

silverchloride

Councller (250+ posts)
Yes absolutely

Overseas Pakistanis should write to their parliamentarians about the human rights abuses in Pakistan.I know in UK the MPs are pretty good at addressing concerns of their constituents.Anyone can write to them ,email them or attend in person when they hold surgeries in the constituency.The fascist hybrid regime with stop using fascist tactics if the west starts condemning it.Remember Showbaz Bhikari’s dictum ‘Beggars can’t be choosers’