Dalits/Untouchables -- Humanitarian Issue

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
These are the people who need attention of the indian citizens.It is sad that we have to divert the attention of indians to this.
Please watch these web sites to see how the Dalits are being kept ignorant of their rights according to the indian constitution whereas the world is told that 'the indian law prohibits the discrimination'
People who are not allowed to visit their Mandir,watch TV how can they read a news paper or know about their rights?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ables.html
http://www.guardianweekly.co.uk/?page=e ... 55&catID=5

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
sobia403 said:
These are the people who need attention of the indian citizens.It is sad that we have to divert the attention of indians to this.
Please watch these web sites to see how the Dalits are being kept ignorant of their rights according to the indian constitution whereas the world is told that 'the indian law prohibits the discrimination'
People who are not allowed to visit their Mandir,watch TV how can they read a news paper or know about their rights?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ables.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.guardianweekly.co.uk/?page=e ... 55&catID=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hello indians, any bodyhome? where are you suckers, ran off? [hilar]

Afsr

MPA (400+ posts)
sobia403 said:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ables.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.guardianweekly.co.uk/?page=e ... 55&catID=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kia baat hai Hindu baniyoon ki bolti keuon band ho gai :roll:

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
Its not going to end any time sooner, there are many organizations working to help Dalits, eventually they have to rise up to claim their rights. Its takes time for these ills to heal. Black people are still impoverished.

Star Gazer

Whats Up Doc said:
Its not going to end any time sooner, there are many organizations working to help Dalits, eventually they have to rise up to claim their rights. Its takes time for these ills to heal. Black people are still impoverished.

This can not be the excuse or justification for spending billions of dollars on army,threatening neighbors with dire consequences, allowing militant org. like shiv sena and bal thakeray to polute good will jestures by the neighbors, racial rioting and then cover ups, spending resources on developing the social and infrastucture of other countries at the cost of their own peoples welfare!? or am I missing something?

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
sobia403 said:
Whats Up Doc said:

This can not be the excuse or justification for spending billions of dollars on army,threatening neighbors with dire consequences, allowing militant org. like shiv sena and bal thakeray to polute good will jestures by the neighbors, racial rioting and then cover ups, spending resources on developing the social and infrastucture of other countries at the cost of their own peoples welfare!? or am I missing something?

We are moving into whole different issues this is not an excuse for any of the things you mentioned. It has to spend money to protect itself against one very hostile and one potential threat neighbor. Shiv Sena and Bal does not receive any taxpayer support or the support of vast majority of Indians and we don't alow them to pollute anything. Money is spent is Afghanistan for influence just as America spend money in Pakistan, while there is powerty in US.

India is a democratic country its not a welfare state. Most of the poor people in India make poor decisions and have multiple kids usually more than five without any thought of raising them and its not the governments job to provide them with necessities of life people have to live with the consequences of decisions. The good news is the middle class is on rapid increase and they don't have usually more than two Kids.

Money can not solve Dalit problem only education and enlightenment can.

gazoomartian

Whats Up Doc said:
sobia403 said:
[quote="Whats Up Doc":3ao8hi9t]Its not going to end any time sooner, there are many organizations working to help Dalits, eventually they have to rise up to claim their rights. Its takes time for these ills to heal. Black people are still impoverished.

We are moving into whole different issues this is not an excuse for any of the things you mentioned. It has to spend money to protect itself against one very hostile and one potential threat neighbor. Shiv Sena and Bal does not receive any taxpayer support or the support of vast majority of Indians and we don't alow them to pollute anything. Money is spent is Afghanistan for influence just as America spend money in Pakistan, while there is powerty in US.

India is a democratic country its not a welfare state. Most of the poor people in India make poor decisions and have multiple kids usually more than five without any thought of raising them and its not the governments job to provide them with necessities of life people have to live with the consequences of decisions. The good news is the middle class is on rapid increase and they don't have usually more than two Kids.

Money can not solve Dalit problem only education and enlightenment can.[/quote:3ao8hi9t]

Money does not solve any problem but it does reduces problems

gazoomartian

Sobia sister

you shouldnt expect India to undo what is being done for literally 1000 of years.

Dont rush them. Give them a couple of 1000 years and then you will see. India will treat dalits/untouchables at least 10% better, guaranteed

Star Gazer

Money can not solve Dalit problem only education and enlightenment can.[/quote]

Let me get this straight :
Money will not solve the problem of dalits!! so it means that if I take away the education and money and jobs based on the education that the rich and middle class hindus/indians recieve they will be happy to say that 'Oh money can not solve our problems'.

Live with the consequence of their decisions" an argument emanating from living an affluent life, so this means if the child is born in a dalit family it is his/her fault? and if born in brahmin family it is his good fortune? Is this not the very idea of the caste system which according to indians is now constitutionally ensured not to happen?

bal thakeray is not supported by tax payers money ? so how is he supported ? By the tax payer directly or he extorts money from them.In either senario your govt is either weak or condoning his acts.
You do not ALLOW him to pollute anything? Have you forgotten his threats to SRK, and many before that some people had to leave there because of him.obviously you will choose selective memory.

Defending against hostile countries?? OK thats agood one 'aik to choree ooper say seena zoree'. 1965,1971,Siachin,currently Baluchistan and many more incidences of aggression against Pakistan and you feel threatened?

I fmoney can not solve the problems of Dalits in india then how will it solve the problems of people in Afghanistan?? Do you see or you just write because you feel like writing! I am amazed at the casual approach you have towards your people.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
sobia403 said:
Live with the consequence of their decisions" an argument emanating from living an affluent life, so this means if the child is born in a dalit family it is his/her fault? and if born in brahmin family it is his good fortune? Is this not the very idea of the caste system which according to indians is now constitutionally ensured not to happen?

This is their whole belief system sobia , dont crush his little heart. Those poor kids were bad in their previous life so they deserve to be mistreated like maggots. I have posted some eye opening videos about dalits, they are openly converting to christianity by the thousands and each and everyone of them is miserable. I think the admin deleted it tho. There was nothing offensive in it tho. But what i found shocking was the part where the india public instead of condemning it were saying this stuff should not be shown to the west or that dalits are below humans.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
sobia403 said:
Money will not solve the problem of dalits!! so it means that if I take away the education and money and jobs based on the education that the rich and middle class hindus/indians recieve they will be happy to say that 'Oh money can not solve our problems'.

bal thakeray is not supported by tax payers money ? so how is he supported ? By the tax payer directly or he extorts money from them.In either senario your govt is either weak or condoning his acts.
You do not ALLOW him to pollute anything? Have you forgotten his threats to SRK, and many before that some people had to leave there because of him.obviously you will choose selective memory.

Defending against hostile countries?? OK thats agood one 'aik to choree ooper say seena zoree'. 1965,1971,Siachin,currently Baluchistan and many more incidences of aggression against Pakistan and you feel threatened?

I fmoney can not solve the problems of Dalits in india then how will it solve the problems of people in Afghanistan?? Do you see or you just write because you feel like writing! I am amazed at the casual approach you have towards your people.

Bal Thakury has the same mind set as most of the Pakistanis have, it was evident during east Pakistan conflict with Bengalis, only in reverse, he believes one day Muslims will take over and make him slaves. He feels the same way about Biharis, there are too many of them in Maharashtra and they might take over one day these are unfounded arguments most of us don't subscribe to them. They demonstrated in front of Amithab Bachan's house for his pro-Bihari statements.

I can send you the links for Bal Thakurays of Pakistan, even though minorities in Pakistan are virtually non existent, or of America, if you want.

Live with the consequence of their decisions" an argument emanating from living an affluent life Issue is weather this statement is true or not, not who made it.

You should at least listen to people like Asghar Khan and others who participated in operation Gibraltar in 1965 as to who aggressed rather than dismissing them as traitors. You should study 1971 in a little better detail and at least consult some Bangladeshis to determine as to who was the aggressor. Event of 1971 took years in making it started about a month after partition when Mr. Jinnah made a speech in Dhaka about language and most of East Pakistanis walked out and subsequent language riots, India had nothing to do with it.

Ps. Furry I cannot pick an argument with you I concede that you are way too smarter than me.

Star Gazer

Whats Up Doc said:
sobia403 said:

Bal Thakury has the same mind set as most of the Pakistanis have, it was evident during east Pakistan conflict with Bengalis, only in reverse, he believes one day Muslims will take over and make him slaves. He feels the same way about Biharis, there are too many of them in Maharashtra and they might take over one day these are unfounded arguments most of us don't subscribe to them. They demonstrated in front of Amithab Bachan's house for his pro-Bihari statements.

I can send you the links for Bal Thakurays of Pakistan, even though minorities in Pakistan are virtually non existent, or of America, if you want.

Live with the consequence of their decisions" an argument emanating from living an affluent life Issue is weather this statement is true or not, not who made it.

You should at least listen to people like Asghar Khan and others who participated in operation Gibraltar in 1965 as to who aggressed rather than dismissing them as traitors. You should study 1971 in a little better detail and at least consult some Bangladeshis to determine as to who was the aggressor. Event of 1971 took years in making it started about a month after partition when Mr. Jinnah made a speech in Dhaka about language and most of East Pakistanis walked out and subsequent language riots, India had nothing to do with it.

Ps. Furry I cannot pick an argument with you I concede that you are way too smarter than me.

I thought this would be your approach where you go around an issue write some sentences and really don't say a lot. There is no harm in accepting mistakes,I am waiting patiently.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
sobia403 said:
Whats Up Doc said:

I thought this would be your approach where you go around an issue write some sentences and really don't say a lot. There is no harm in accepting mistakes,I am waiting patiently.I thought this would be your approach where you go around an issue write some sentences and really don't say a lot. There is no harm in accepting mistakes,I am waiting patiently.

Let me try to explain with a few more sentences. Your Great prime minister Mr. Bhutto(Bal Thakury of Pakistan) believed if Bengali(Muslims) came into power they will make all west Pakistanis their Slaves, therefore him along with his military establishment(Shiv Sena) embarked on the path of murdering Bengalis.

In India there are only a few Bal Thakurays, and they are continually chastised by our society and these guys are easily identified by people like you. You are in country where almost everyone is Bal Thakuray there fore its very difficult for you to identify them, to you they appear very normal. I hope now you fully understood me.