Did The Prophet (PBUH) know Ghaib?

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pakistani1947 said:
My dear brother knowledge seeker,

Please read again, Hadeeth from Shahih al-Bukhai, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 733 above, which details the events after the death of Prophet Muhammad (??? ???? ???? ????) within the Hadeeth Khalifa-e-Awal Abu Bakr Siddique (RA) recited the verses of Qur'aan, "And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels!s, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful."(Quraan 3.144).

Brother, If you will concentrate more on academic research about the beliefs of mainstream Muslims less on doing copy-past same information in most of your post then you would find out that Muslims have no difference on the issue of our Prophet Mohammad (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) 's death.....

The differences of opinions are actually based on topic related to "Life after Death. The Vast majority of Islamic Scholars have been believing about the life of our beloved Prophet Mohammad (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in the grave according to Islamic Shariah but some Scholars have been believing on this issue vice versa.

Even If your beliefs are contrary to other Muslims then do not jump into conclusion and blame them for blind-following of sheikhs. It could be you or me who may have illness of blind following or ignorance.

Now watch this video showing Dr. Tahir ul Qadri's believe (from 03:45 min - 04:15 min):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLG7Zfw1Sl0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Shiekh Tahir ul Qadri's Speech is about the concept of standing for respect and he concisely stated the topic of life and death. If you will notice, He also used the words "Passed Away" for our Prophet (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) at 02:44. If you are interested to know Shiekh's view in detail about this issue. read his book named "Hayat un Nabi (Salallahu Alahi Wasallam)".

wsher

Citizen
saynotwar said:
Don't judge each others faith

Dawud :: Book 41 : Hadith 4883

Narrated AbuHurayrah:

I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: There were two men among Banu Isra'il, who were striving for the same goal. One of them would commit sin and the other would strive to do his best in the world. The man who exerted himself in worship continued to see the other in sin.

He would say: Refrain from it. One day he found him in sin and said to him: Refrain from it.

He said: Leave me alone with my Lord. Have you been sent as a watchman over me? He said: I swear by Allah, Allah will not forgive you, nor will he admit you to Paradise. Then their souls were taken back (by Allah), and they met together with the Lord of the worlds.

He (Allah) said to this man who had striven hard in worship; Had you knowledge about Me or had you power over that which I had in My hand? He said to the man who sinned: Go and enter Paradise by My mercy. He said about the other: Take him to Hell.
AbuHurayrah said: By Him in Whose hand my soul is, he spoke a word by which this world and the next world of his were destroyed.

Very well said! [clap] If all Muslims get the core of above statement there will be unity among us for sure! Everybody is responsible for their faiths before ALLAH not before other human being.

saynotwar

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
When poeple judge each other faith on the basis of their own opinion and call them sinner,Kafir,Munafiq ,DOZAKHI they actually committed SHIRK only ALLAH knows
who is his best follower no on else!

THIS IS CORE OF ISLAM AL-BAQRA 284-285

?? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?? (?????) ???? (???) ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ????? ????? ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ????? ????? ??? (??????? ??? ??) ?? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ?? (??? ??) ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? (???? ???) ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ???????? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? (
?????)

wsher

Citizen
saynotwar said:
When poeple judge each other faith on the basis of their own opinion and call them sinner,Kafir,Munafiq ,DOZAKHI they actually committed SHIRK only ALLAH knows
who is his best follower no on else!

THIS IS CORE OF ISLAM AL-BAQRA 284-285

?? ??? ??????? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?? (?????) ???? (???) ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ????? ????? ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ????? ????? ??? (??????? ??? ??) ?? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ?? (??? ??) ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? (???? ???) ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ???????? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? (
?????)

Very good effort! Such people like you should come forward to overcome the propaganda of disinformation!

saynotwar

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Mumin and Muslim

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

AL-HUJRAT 49-14/18

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Thank you brother saynotwar for posting verses from Qur'aan.

It would be appropriate to mention Tafseer Ibn-e-Kaseer with regards to the quoted verses of Qur'aan above:

Tabrez

Citizen
nusyed said:
Salam
Without going into the detail of these verses of Quran , I wonder if the writer of this post really believe in the Ahadith of Prof Muhammad? If yes in what form then?
Quran is no doubt the ultimate guidence but Prophet Muhammad (pbum) narrated many events of the past and future to his Sahaba through ahadith. Like Imam Mahdi, dajal's appearence, the conquest av Qustantunya (Istanbul).
So one may misguide himself by only relying on Quran and putting doubts in sahih and strong ahadith.

Salam Alaikum,

Please elaborate your question. What do you mean when you ask me if I believe in the Ahadith of the Prophet Muhammad? What do you want me to believe about them? I believe what I know about them.

Many years after the death of the Prophet, there were so many false ahadith in circulation that certain historians took up the task to verify them. For example, about 200 years after the Prophet, Bukhari did his work on collecting and authenticating what he thought could have come from the Prophet. In the beginning of his work, he claimed that he analyzed about 600,000 ahadith, and devised a historical criteria - which was very commendable - to figure out what ahadith out of these 600,000 could have actually come from the Prophet. After analysis he selected about 4000 (excluding repetitions). This means that he rejected 99.5% of the ahadith that people claimed were from the Prophet.

Though Bukhari's work is very commendable, it was still human work of a historian, and like ALL history works it had flaws. For example, his own student Daral Qutni analyzed his collection after him and declared some 200 ahadith that Bukhari considered authentic to be actually false. But this does not take away from the great historical work that Bukhari did. However, he did not compile a "holy book" - he compiled a historical book. We should all study the books of Ahadith, but we should study them in the light of the Qur'an. It is the Qur'an that is called the Furqan (criterion for distinguishing correct from incorrect) and the Kitaab al-Miubeen (the Book that is clear and that sheds light on other things). In order to make correct use of the great historical works that Bukhari and other muhadatheen have done, we must study them in the light of the Qur'an - we must use al-Furqan to determine what could have come from the Prophet and what could not have come from him.This is my view on ahadeeth.

Regarding your statement about Imam Mahdi, dajal's appearence, the conquest of Qustantunya (Istanbul), etc. these things are NOT in the Qur'an, and were part of the ghaib. And as the Qur'an clearly states that the Prophet did NOT have knowledge of the ghaib. Therefore, these predictions could not have come from the Prophet. Please be advised that the Qur'an makes the following claims:

"And certainly We have repeated for humankind, in this Quran, every kind of example, but the majority of humankind do not consent to aught but denying." (17:89)

We have put forth for humans, in this Quran, every kind of example so that they may remember (Quran 39:27).

"And We have revealed the Book to you which has the clear explanation of EVERYTHING <wa nazzalna_ 'alaikal kita_ba tibya_nal likulli shai'iw>, and a guidance and mercy and good news for those who submit." (16:89)

Qur'an is a Book of guidance, and the above verses make it clear that it contains EVERYTHING that we need for guidance. I am not saying this - the Qur'an is saying this. Not only that, but as the following verses make it clear that it contains DETAILS of everything we need for guidance:

Shall I then seek a Ruler other than Allah? When He it is Who has revealed to you the Book (which is) distinctly DETAILED <al-kitaaba mufaSSalan> (6:114)

And certainly We have brought them a Book, which We have DETAILED with knowledge <faSSalnaahu Ala Ilmin>, a guidance and mercy for a people who believe (7:52)

A Book of which the verses are distinctly DETAILED <fuSSilat ayaatahu>, an Arabic Quran for people who know (41:3)

Indeed We have made the verses DETAILED for a people who take reminder <qad faSSalnaa-l-aayyaati li-qawmin yadhakkaruuna> (6:126)

And this Quran is not such as could be forged by those besides Allah, but it is a verification of that which is in his possession and a distinct ELUCIDATION of the book <tafSiila-l-kitaabi >, and there is no doubt in it, from the Lord of the Worlds (10:37)

Please, before you say "but it doesn't have such and such detail", please be advised that these are NOT my statements, but CLAIMS of the Qur'an. If you disagree with these claims, you may argue with Allah about this claim.

Now, this Book, which has DETAILS of EVERYTHING doesn't contain ONE WORD about the Mahdi or the Dajjal. Not a single word or hint. In addition it states unequivocally that:

Say [O Prophet]: It is not within my power to bring benefit to, or avert harm from, myself, except as God may please. And if I knew that which is beyond the reach of human perception, abundant good fortune-would surely have fallen to my lot, and no evil would ever have touched me. I am nothing but a warner, and a herald of glad tidings unto people who will believe. (Quran 7:188)

Basic commonsense. If the Prophet had any idea of the future, he would not have faced any troubles in his life, and would have only had good fortunes in his life. But that was not the case.

Besides, it was NOT the job of the Prophet to make predictions. His job was to deliver the good news <basheerun> and the warning <nazeerun> as the following verses state without any doubt:?

"You are NOTHING but a Warner <in inta illa nazeerun>. Surely We have sent you with the truth as a bearer of GOOD NEWS and a WARNER <basheerun wa nazeerun>, and there is not a people but a Warner has gone among them."(Quran 35:23-24)

"Do they not reflect that their companion has not unsoundness in mind; he is ONLY A PLAIN WARNER <Illa Nazeerum Mubeenun>." (Quran 7:184)

"Then, it may be that you will give up part of what is revealed to you and your breast will become straitened by it because they say: Why has not a treasure been sent down upon him or an angel come with him? You are ONLY A WARNER< <innama anta nazeerun>; and it is Allah that arranges all affairs." (Quran 11:12)

And We have not sent you BUT as a giver of good news and as a warner <wama arsalnaka illa mubashirun wa nazeerun>." (Quran 25:56)

"Say: I exhort you only to ONE thing, that rise up for Allah's sake in twos and singly, then reflect: there is no madness in your companion; he is NOTHING BUT A WARNER to you <hua illa nazeerun> before a severe chastisement." (Quran 34:46)

"Say: I am ONLY a warner <innama ana munzirun>, and there is no god but Allah, the One, the Subduer (of all)." (Quran 38:65)

"ONLY this has been revealed to me: that I am to give warning plainly <in yuHaiya illaiya illa annama ana nazeerum mubeenun>."(Quran 38:70)

"Say: O people! I am ONLY A PLAIN WARNER to you <ana lakum nazeerum mubeenun>." (Quran 22:49)

"And they say: Why are not signs sent down upon him from his Lord? Say: The signs are only with Allah, and I am only a plain warner <innama ana nazeerum mubeenun>." (Quran 29:50)

"They say: When will this promise come true if you speak the truth? Say: The knowledge is with Allah only, and I am ONLY a plain warner <innama ana nazeerum mubeenun>."(Quran 67:26)

This is what the Qur'an says about the mission of the Prophet. The question is where does he give warnings and news from? And what is this warning and good news?

"Praise is to Allah, Who revealed the Book <Al-Kitaab> to His servant and did not make in it any crookedness; straight, in order that he may give warning <liyuNzira> of a terrible punishment from Him, and that he may give good news <yubashirra> to those who believe and do righteous deeds, that they shall have a good reward, wherein they shall remain forever" (18:1-3).

"I am commanded only that I should serve the Sustainer of this city, Who has made it sacred, and His are all things; and I am commanded that I should be of those who submit; And that I should recite the Quran. Therefore whoever goes aright, he goes aright for his own soul, and whoever goes ' astray, then say: I am only one of the warners." (27:91-92)

"And thus have We revealed to you an Arabic Quran <quranun a'rabiun>, that you may warn <litunzira> the mother city and those around it, and that you may give warning <wa tunzira> of the day of gathering together wherein is no doubt; a party shall be in the garden and (another) party in the burning fire." (42:7)

"Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Quran has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you <wa uhaiyya alaiya hazal qur'anu liunzirkim bihi> and whomsoever it reaches." (6:19)

So, the Prophet is giving good news and warning from the Qur'an. Am I saying this? Please read the above verse carefully. It is the Qur'an's testimony.

So, now what about the "predictions" regarding the Mehdi, the Dajjal and conquest of Hind?

1. The Clear and Detailed Book of God which contains EVERYTHING we need for guidance makes absolutely no mention of these things.
2. The Book of God states in no uncertain terms that the Prophet had no knowledge of the hidden events (that is the meaning of the word ghaib), so he could not make predictions about the future.
3. His job was to give warning and good news, not to make predictions.
4. He gave warning and good news through the amazing revelation of the Qur'anic message.

Bearing these 4 points, and using the Qur'an as my Furqan (criterion to judge between right and wrong) I conclude that the Prophet could not have made those predictions, and they were later attached to his fair name to give these "predictions" some weight.

wasalam,
Tabrez

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Tabrez said:
nusyed said:
Salam
Without going into the detail of these verses of Quran , I wonder if the writer of this post really believe in the Ahadith of Prof Muhammad? If yes in what form then?
Quran is no doubt the ultimate guidence but Prophet Muhammad (pbum) narrated many events of the past and future to his Sahaba through ahadith. Like Imam Mahdi, dajal's appearence, the conquest av Qustantunya (Istanbul).
So one may misguide himself by only relying on Quran and putting doubts in sahih and strong ahadith.

Salam Alaikum,
wasalam,
Tabrez

achha aap agaye fasad phalino ko. Was wonderingwhere you were.you must be working only part time for the tahaffuz thats why your first post is afte 12.....

anywyas, kolu washarabu mirrizqillah-i-wa la t'asau fil arz-e-mufsedeen (sadaqallah-ul-azeem)