Do you think that PCBs Right to Ban Younis & Yousuf?

Do you think that PCBs Right to Ban Younis & Yousuf?

• Total voters

mazharjp

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Rana, Malik get one-year bans, Younis and Yousuf axed from teams.
83280.2.jpg

The PCB has handed out the most comprehensive set of punishments to national players in recent memory, banning a number of senior players and implementing heavy fines on others, accepting the recommendations of an inquiry committee formed to look into Pakistan's disastrous tour to Australia. The biggest and most unexpected action is the implementation, in effect, of life bans on Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan, a wholly unexpected development. Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan have been banned for a year and the Akmal brothers and Shahid Afridi will be put on probation for six months and have been fined between Rs 2-3 million for various misdemeanours.

The measures represent some of the harshest punishments taken against Pakistan players and will further throw the composition of Pakistan's squad for the World Twenty20 into considerable disarray. None of the players, it is believed, are certain to make the 15-man squad for the tournament at this moment.

The six-man committee completed its report last week and sent it to Ijaz Butt. The chairman held a meeting with the selection committee on Monday in which he briefed them on the contents of the inquiry committee's report. He warned the selectors - now headed by Mohsin Khan - that he had "shocking news" for them and proceeded to inform them of the details of the report.

Link : http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/conten ... 51392.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zum zum

Citizen
Re: Breaking News **** Younis and Yousuf ****Bans for Life

its good that they are banned...why r they so honest?.....we can,t stand honesty
why r they so straight fwd....we don,t like that
why r they good muslims?.......we like moderate muslims(who can lie well,cheat, fraud,...................)
i wish if i could swear these lunatics including Ijaz butt
two gr8 players like younis and yousaf
how could they let malik play if they r banned 4 life
he's the cause of all this
how could they even think w/o yousaf and younis who brought so much honor to this gr8 country
amazing records they have.....i can,t c a single player of their calliber in pakistan team
not just player human being as well
butt sahab tuhada dhurrr fittay moon n the whole committee whoever took part in it

sagaciouscorpion

MPA (400+ posts)

This is simply crazy..

PCB doesnt drop those who are not showing performance and give them a chance to play domestic and improve themselves...

but suddenly decides them to ban for life...

Y did not then ban Kamran Akmal for really horrible performance behind the wicket?????

This is absolute madness.....

Why not kick out PCB officials who are equally incompetent...including the impotent chairman?

We should nt forget that Younis Khan was the captain of T20 Worldcup winning squad and Yousuf also has shown some great performance in the past....

We appreciate them when they are showing good performance but humiliate them when they are not in good form... is this justice?

We will never stop humiliating our national heroes..... Never...

Absolute shame on us...

y2sag

Voter (50+ posts)

I think life bann is not good. i wanted to see a suspension of one year like shoaib malik n rana. rest of the decisions are okay. shahid deserves what he got. he humiliated whole nation.

and younis khan, i hated it when he beat the shit outta spectator. what the hell he thinks of him self, a king of roman empire? who ll punish his servants for small mistakes? its tit for tat.
u mess with the people below you and u get pissed on my people above you.

yousaf...., ICL.........my love.........who is pakistan
PCB........live long..........pakistan meri jaan IPL pe dil qurban
IPL.........na de jo paisa to
ICL hai apni pehchaan, what pakistan
PCB ...........ziada paise de to pakistan meri shaan

give him more money he ll play for india. give him more more more money he ll play for israel. what a shame.

zum zum

Citizen

y2sag
Younis khan has temper issue...but u can,t ban a legend just bekuz he beats up a spectator......i don,t agree with u
Yousaf explained it very well that y he chose to play 4 icl
not 4 money bro....he said he was earning more money playing 4 pakistan than icl
u can,t humiliate a gr8 guy like tha man.....come on
he joined icl kuz of shoib malik's childishness
when he was captain, he couldn,t swallow the truth that there were greater batsmen in the team than him
making him a captain doesn,t mean he was a better player
they made him captain so he would be groomed 4 future as austrailianz do
younis....i met him in canada in the t20 series against sri lanka(unfortunately pk lost it)
great guy he is....very polite and down to the earth....no airs at alll......

zum zum

Citizen

Ijaz butt and Rizvi sahab......jao chawlo hun labdey raho gey inj dey player

digitalzygot1

Minister (2k+ posts)

Not a good idea, we badly need these players. What was PCB thinking I am sick and tired of their idiotic decisions embarassing the whole nation. Our board is a joke. Being a cricketer myself I know these kind of stupid decisions will make things bad and our country will suffer in T20 World cup and next years world cup. They should have taken some other steps, imposing fines and suspension won't solve anything. Idiotic old men ruling PCB. Things should have been resolved behind the doors and they should have made a brief media statement. They are just trying to save their faces and jobs.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)

discipline ki khilaf warzi? match fixing? contacts with bookies? captain ke khilaf sazishen? ik dosray ki taung khainchana?
BAN FOR LIFE.

sakayani

Senator (1k+ posts)

Ban for life on those who costed us a series and what about those who are ripping whole nation off every day? And the funny thing is that trouble causer got away with just one year ban. I don't think justice has been done here. Thats what we alway do to our heroes.

Adeel

Founder
Re: Breaking News **** Younis and Yousuf ****Banned for Life

I would like to see the report why yosuf was banned. He was player of the year in 2007.

No matter what, banning players like that is just totally over the top.

They should definately take this matter to the court.

S

Siasati

i seriously doubt any of these decisions will be imposed. all these decisions will be over turned sooner or later.
we have a recent example of what happened to west indies team when main players were not selected they lost to BD

lahori

Senator (1k+ posts)

Where is the logic for life ban for YK and Yousuf?

Malik only getting a year and Akmal getting not ban.

I think malik Mafia still strong in the board room. To get YK and Yousuf out of the team for good they took the one year ban.

S

Siasati

An appeal will be made, and they will be back within 3-6 months.

But fighting within the team doesn't really warrant a life ban!

I smell the m word that ends with atchfixing.

A

Admin

Just listening on Geo about the incident where the team doctor told the committee about the oath on Quran by a few player to remove YK from captaincy.

Yousuf and YK must be having some serious fights to get bans for life whereas Malik, Akmal or Rana getting off easy even though it seems they were the one who took oath in Quran to get rid of YK.

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)

Dunya TV newscaster is considering it a funny act..just heard lines from him which were somewhat like this

"Cricket ke Raja , Rameez Raja humaray saath hain...."

"Pheley Cricket bund, phir paisay bund aur ab Khiladi bhi bund..."

hahaha

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)

I can understand others but why Yousuf and Younis????? If discipline was the main problem then Younis and Yousuf should have recieved 6 months ban at most.
I only hope that match fixing is not the reason otherwise it will be a HUGE setback.

Younis and Yousuf life ban is quit worrying but other penalties are quite exciting. I can't see Rana, Malik coming back to the team after a year.

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)

The PCB has struck against its players with a venom unseen in recent memory, carrying out the deepest cull of a senior cricket team in many years and banning and fining seven of its top players after the side's disastrous, winless tour of Australia. It effectively banned Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf from playing for Pakistan in any format, while handing out one-year bans to Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan. Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers were fined Rs2-3 million [$24,000-35,000] for various misdemeanours and put on six-month probations.

Action had been expected once details of the inquiry committee's report recommendations were leaked in the press on Monday and Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, had followed it up by saying "more than significant action" would be taken against players. While the punishments for Malik, Rana, Afridi and the Akmal brothers were expected, the action against Yousuf and Younis has caught most people off-guard.

"Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan, keeping in view their infighting which resulted in bringing down the whole team, their attitude has a trickledown effect which is a bad influence for the whole team should not be part of national team in any format," the board said in its statement issued on Wednesday.

The PCB has stopped short of calling the punishment a life ban. "They will not be part of any Pakistan team in any format from here on," Taffazul Rizvi, the board's legal advisor told Cricinfo. "A life ban means they cannot play domestic cricket or any other similar cricket, but we are not stopping them from that. They can play domestic cricket or county cricket here and abroad."

Rizvi refused to elaborate on the nature of the pair's cases, but it is believed that the board had generally had enough with the two. Younis twice stepped down from the captaincy last year with player unrest against his leadership the underlying cause both times. Yousuf's sins are equally unclear, other than that he led a winless tour to Australia and engaged thereafter in a public battle with Malik.

The cases of indiscipline that have led to one-year bans on Malik and Rana, similarly, have not been expanded upon. "Rana Naved ul Hasan and Shoaib Malik be fined Rupees Two million. They should not be part of national team in any format for a period of one year."

Malik's name has figured persistently at the centre of speculation over the last year in inciting player unrest within the team, though nothing substantial has appeared in public to back that up. "We cannot discuss the specifics of the incident as we are under oath," Rizvi said. "But obviously we have taken action after much consideration and based on solid information."

In contrast, the cases of Akmal brothers and Shahid Afridi are straightforward. The brothers were fined for their behavior in the aftermath of the Sydney Test; Kamran was dropped by the board but insisted publicly he would be selected in the run-up to the third Test. Younger brother Umar was alleged to have feigned an injury to not play the Test in protest, though he did eventually play. Kamran has been fined Rs 3 million, Umar Rs 2 million and the pair are on probation.

Afridi was punished for the ball-biting incident in the Perth ODI, where he was captain. He has already been punished by the ICC, who immediately gave him a two-match ban. "For the shameful act of Shahid Khan Afridi, which has brought the game and country into disrepute, he be fined Rupees 3 million," the board said. "A warning be issued to him by the Chairman PCB and he be put on probation for 06 months, during which his conduct be strictly monitored."

Attention will turn now to how the players will respond. Legal action or appeals will be a consideration though Rizvi insisted the board was on solid ground. "We are on good ground with this," he said. "The PCB has done it thinking it is the right thing to do. It sets an example for the future."

As a whole, the action is almost unparalleled in even Pakistan's troubled history. The 2000 Justice Qayyum report had similar repercussions but that was about the graver concerns of corruption. This cull has been carried out, ostensibly, in a bid to curb indiscipline and player power.
Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)

While this type of strong action should be applauded, I can't help but think that it's a bit too late for the board to exercise its duty of oversight. They should have done this 3 years ago. That said, maybe a fresh start is what Pakistan needs. Fresh faces, the likes of Fawad Alam and others. Get rid of all the people who have been playing provincial player politics with the team and feeling like they were indispensable.

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)

putting all that aside, maybe it's not such a bad thing. There's always the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but how many of you have, in your heart of hearts, thought about just sweeping away all these current issues and starting fresh with young talent? That's what Pakistan is renowned for, after all, young talent.

Start fresh. Start anew. With young people who want to play for Pakistan, first and foremost. You may lose a few matches; you're losing matches now anyway. Think to the future. Give Waqar Younis a fresh slate to work with.