female foeticide in India

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
New Delhi: A prominent Muslim cleric from Uttar Pradesh, home to the largest Muslim population in India, has issued a fatwa against female foeticide.
A sharp drop in the sex ratio according to latest census figures, which has fallen to 899 from 916 against 1,000 males registered in 2001, led to the issue of the fatwa.
"Even though the law does not permit abortion, people are openly violating the rules and getting their female child aborted across Uttar Pradesh," Maulana Khalid Rasheed, Lucknow's Naib Imam and head of Darul Uloom Firangi Mahal was quoted as saying by a leading news portal.

The latest provisional census figures issued is alarming due to a sharp decline in female child birth rate in 63 out of 71 districts of the state. While Uttar Pradesh's population has grown by 30 million over the past decade, the number of female children in the 0-6 years age group has declined by a million.

"Abortion is strictly banned under Islam and the latest census report has clearly shown that it was female foeticide that has led to a disproportion between the male and female population in the state. I therefore feel that timely action alone can save the situation from turning worse," the Islamic clergy was quoted as saying.

Although sex determination tests are banned and attract punishment in India, ultrasound centres continue to mushroom all over the country where sex determination tests are done for a price leading to a large number of female infanticide

Source:http://gulfnews.com/news/world/india/fatwa-issued-against-female-foeticide-1.796510

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
if i have to write this news in one line i would write "jaheez aik ***** hai "(somewhat near to it). although we say this but will never say no to jaheez when it comes to us

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pagan India is not shinning

The female foeticide has been a big problem in India for years now. According to my knowledge the North India, UP, Punjab etc are worst hit areas.

This article portray the picture or give the impression it is a solely a Muslim problem, but it is not true. I do not have demographical statistics available to determine what ratio is for the Muslims. However, members of other religious groups pre-dominantly practice it. Muslim may have been caught in the trend.

The sad thing is, like in many other areas of human behaviour, the biggest democracy in the world, have an ugly face, hidden from the world.

From regular killings, lynching and burning alive of minorities to dirt poverty worst than sub-Saharan Africa of over 500 millions Indian, the reality is showing a very different India, rather than shining.

Over 1400 years ago, at the time of the advent of Our Prophet Muhammad SAW, in the period of Jahilia the pagans used to bury their daughters alive in the sand. In India, the pagans are doing the same even now, apart from foeticide there are many reports of murdering newly born girls in India.

I hope the Muslims in India are not catching this disease strictly forbidden in Islam. Our Prophet SAW worked hard to eliminate this practice. His (SAW) love for his (SAW) daughters is well documented in the Islamic history.

Daughters are as good as sons and in my opinion even better. I can vouch for it being father of a wonderful daughter, whom I love to no ends.

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
yup I agree that this article portrays muslims, but the fact is it happens more in the hindu customs. Gulf news is more or less run by indians with a few pakistanis here and there.