First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011 - What might have happened in the Pakistan vs. India Semi Fina

rawaltv

Voter (50+ posts)
First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011
Host: Deepinder Loomba
Guest: Amarjeet Sidhu, Fazal Siddiqui, Nasir Shah
Topic: What might have happened that caused Pakistan to loose the World Cup semifinal. Was it Match fixing? or Was there any Technical cause?

First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011 Part 1 of 5

First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011 Part 2 of 5

First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011 Part 3 of 5

First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011 Part 4 of 5

First Choice TV Show - 2nd April 2011 Part 5 of 5

samy99

Minister (2k+ posts)
I agree with fazal Siddiqui that pakistan lost the match intentionally because it was 100% fixed, I had already predicted the outcome.

mjzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
Its usually not a good practice if we lose and be happy if we win. However, the way semi-final was played, it was very clear that the match was fixed. It is very hard to say match was not fixed. I don't agree with the Realtor that the players tried a lot. May be the players were under pressure. I agree with a comment above, that Shahid Afridi was probably under pressure. There are many indications even other than Misbah, that clearly tell us the match was unfortunately fixed. One thing commentators were crying abt was taking powerplay. Why didn't Afridi take power play? Stupid answer by Afridi. Also not using Razzaq in bowling was stupid. Ahhh, about powerplay the realtor again giving a stupid answer that Afridi wanted to focus on runs instead of fours/sixes. Come on..... may be you are very new to watching or playing cricket. Yaar ghalat or biased defence na karo. There was no harm in taking powerplay. Actually if powerplay had been taken, Afridi might not have been caught. Also, with powerplay the confidence had been boosted and rest would have been easier. Also, singles were not even taken. Couldn't afridi see the team is not even taking singles... There was much higher expected gain from powerplay instead of not taking it.

Ahhhh, this guy saying Misbah saved one end.....that's not what he was doing. We have seen that many times in our lives....how cricketers save one end. Misbah was making sure everyone else gets out, he stays on the creeze and makes sure Pakistan loses the match. If you save one end, you still give other batsman an opportunity to play. Misbah was just doing tip tip net practice and making sure no one else gets a chance to play. Were expats commentators with this realtor better than the commentators? The commentators were screaming at Misbah and Pakistani team, for doing so much stupid things.

However, I still support Afridi. He should stay the captain and be able to select the team. He needs to become a bigger decision maker. PCB needs a big revamping.

Yaar this realtor guy is stupid....a loser kind of guy. This is a talk show where u need to come with genuine comments and not with just sweetening comments.

MONEY TALKS...BULLS***T WALKS :(

I am missing the time when all white men played (in white clothes) with a red ball, and cricket was not commercialized. There wasn't any or much betting. Games were real.

At the end, Mr. Nasir, it wasn't President's statement but CM Punjab's statement to give the land to the winning players. Nasir is not patriotic but a stupid guy and we have a lot like that. These are people who don't understand anything and want to be saying things which seem good and nice.

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Fixing can't be proved one way or another but many suspicious incidents took place from Pak's dropped catches to refusing the powerplay!. Afridi's excuses make no sense whatsoever...

I also agree that India could not possibly allow fro Pakistan to play in Mumbai that would invite a very hostile reaction by Hindu hardliners. What about the two tosses in the final??.

The BCCI is the largest financial contributer to the ICC so they need to keep them onside.