FUTURE AND US

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Though past is an important connection, present is the most relevent period of time but it is the future that we all worry about. Good will, wishes and good feelings can only set the guidelines for any future, it is our planning, thinking and practice that makes the future as we envision it in our dreams.
Lets talk something about the future that we want to see for ourselves and others , how we want to see Pakistan and share positive thoughts about how the ideas can be translated into reality. For a little while just forget who is ruling us and how dire are the circumstances, free our minds from those depressing thoughts and think like a free person, the first steps to freedom and prosperity are free thinking and that we do have.

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think we should focus on education and political awareness....

1: Each individual educated person take it as a duty to educate or guide towards education atleast 10 kids.

2: Talk to your friends, elders, and other folks what is the power of vote and what are the bad impacts when you use it improperly.

I have noticed, we as a Muslim leave everything to Allah will and always focus on dua rather than dawa (pills).. I know Towakkul on Allah and dua is a good thing and won't advise to ignore this factor but please do your struggle, put your hard work and use your logic and after ful extent of struggle raise your hands for dua and Ask success from Allah. Inshallah Allah will help us.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Well said. I also am of the opinion that we should start from the easy and small, I say this because sometime back I read that Hazrat Ayesha was asked once about how Hazrat Mohammad (SAWWS) made his choices and her answer was, Whenever Hazrat Mohammad (SAWWS) had choices he would choose the easy one for it is easier and quicker to accomplsh. I now take my guidance from this and try to do something even if it amounts to just one little act.
And like you have mentioned brother sangeen that we muslims tend to just wait for Allah to do everything for us but we must remember that no body in this whole universe was/is more dear to Allah than Hazrat Mohammad(SAWWS) and see how Allah Subhantallah made him symbolic of struggle of physical, mental and emotional nature only in Allah's way, and it is a guidance for us to know that Allah will help us as he does all the time, but for certain things He wants us to do what we reffer to as "Hujjat Tamam karna" for if we remember in the last Khutba this is what Allah's Apostle(SAWWS)also said that "Aaj Allah nay Hujjat Tammam kar di".

I would like to add one thing here, What is the first thing that Allah taught our beloved prophet hazrat Mohammad (SAWWS)? Allah's first message to His Apostle was "Iqra" and this means Read/ parh, and see what have we done? majority of the muslims are not educated and to top it all we say that this is islamic to study and this is not islamic, now where did Allah say that any science is not worthy of a muslim and when prophet Mohammad(SAWWS) said '"To seek knowledge go to China if you have to " I am sure at that time the Chinese nation was not muslims,and the Nabbi(SAWWS) knew that whoever goes there would not be seeking Islamic knowledge rather they would be spreading the same and getting different kind of knowledge at the same time. So the argument by some muslims that we should not go to non-muslim countries to get education is quite out of the context I think.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Sobia the foundations of future can only be laid when a nation possess some visionaries and immaculate planners in all the important segments of their society. We as a representative of this piece of land have ever done any soul searching or introspection in this regard that do we also constitute a holistic nation with combined aspirations, common goals and objectives? After watching the state of the affairs of the modern day Pakistan it has to be a emphatic No. We are consisting of the league of different nationalities (Its not necessary for such nationalities to exist with the one definite geographic boundary) and how much hatred do we have now among us is evident from the miseries of our Baluch, Sindhis, Pakhtuns and Siraiki indigenous people.

We have to become a combined nation first now before chalking out any futuristic plans for the development of Pakistan. Next step would be to develop and train our huge (But profusely talented) human resource on emergency basis by making them the core of our national policies not to focus on some of the privilege classes of this unfortunate country which has been the order of the day in this country since day one from its so called liberation from the colonialist British masters. Effective reforms are also required in our social, economic and judicial sectors to make sustainable progress of Pakistan along with the devolution of power to the people and their representatives in true letter and spirit, not like this sham democratic system and local bodies infrastructure which has delivered anything but the disparity, inequality and poverty in the vast hinterlands of Pakistan.

P.S: Many suggestions can be delineated here for the purpose of future planning and development of our motherland but the basic structural and administrative reforms are required in all organs of the state so that an effective system can sustain itself with thorough professionalism and discipline under the guidance of highly competent leadership at the helm of this holistic administrative system of Pakistan.