going back to satellite dishes in pakistan

fnaeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
so b4 I left pk, satellite dishes were the thing, there were hardly any cable operators. indian channels were not officially allowed, so we caught them on the dish. many ppl had 2 or even 3.

If OSPs establish a channel out of uk/europe that has no anchors on ground in pk, but local content is produced by reporters, who never show their face. their content is uploaded to places like secure drop and then is edited and presented by OSP based anchors. People watching that channel would have dishes to watch and it would never be carried on cable.

Now this whole thing is premised on the fact, that the reason that agencies are doing a crackdown on old media, is it has greater viewership than social media. If this premise doesnt hold true, and its a typical boomer-fluffer(thats what army high command is, fluffers not duffers, look it up) fallacy then the whole point is moot.

If regular media still holds a greater percentage than something like this will create a channel where content creation is distributed, maybe the ppl are paid thru crypto and the only faces are outside pk.

stoic

Minister (2k+ posts)
so b4 I left pk, satellite dishes were the thing, there were hardly any cable operators. indian channels were not officially allowed, so we caught them on the dish. many ppl had 2 or even 3.

If OSPs establish a channel out of uk/europe that has no anchors on ground in pk, but local content is produced by reporters, who never show their face. their content is uploaded to places like secure drop and then is edited and presented by OSP based anchors. People watching that channel would have dishes to watch and it would never be carried on cable.

Now this whole thing is premised on the fact, that the reason that agencies are doing a crackdown on old media, is it has greater viewership than social media. If this premise doesnt hold true, and its a typical boomer-fluffer(thats what army high command is, fluffers not duffers, look it up) fallacy then the whole point is moot.

If regular media still holds a greater percentage than something like this will create a channel where content creation is distributed, maybe the ppl are paid thru crypto and the only faces are outside pk.
Star link works in Pakistan should be an option to bypass ISPs but might be costly.

fnaeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
I thought starlink was still seeking regulatory approval. thats what their website says. yeh fluffers to approval dainay say rahay.

asifukp

MPA (400+ posts)
I thought starlink was still seeking regulatory approval. thats what their website says. yeh fluffers to approval dainay say rahay.
yep but the people they are dealing for regulation/licencing is from Establishment...😕

wasiqjaved

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Back in those days, I used to have cable internet at my home. They had satellite internet uplinks and downlinks. If I am not wrong, company's name was OpenSky. I've also seen someone using SkyDSL in Lahore.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You can buy the dish in the US and use it anywhere in the world where it has reception. I know many US retirees doing this who have retired to many Island Nations in Asia