Hindu Widows - another example of shiny India!!!

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... index.html

VRINDAVAN, India (CNN) -- Ostracized by society, thousands of India's widows flock to the holy city of Vrindavan waiting to die. They are found on side streets, hunched over with walking canes, their heads shaved and their pain etched by hundreds of deep wrinkles in their faces. :oops: :oops:

A widow makes her way in Vrindavan, India, where an estimated 15,000 widows live on the streets. :shock: :shock:
These Hindu widows, the poorest of the poor, are shunned from society when their husbands die, not for religious reasons, but because of tradition -- and because they're seen as a financial drain on their families. :o :o

They cannot remarry. They must not wear jewelry. They are forced to shave their heads and typically wear white. Even their shadows are considered bad luck. :? :?

Please watch the video - follow the link below
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... nnSTCVideo

jimpack

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistani Lion said:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/05/damon.india.widows/index.html

VRINDAVAN, India (CNN) -- Ostracized by society, thousands of India's widows flock to the holy city of Vrindavan waiting to die. They are found on side streets, hunched over with walking canes, their heads shaved and their pain etched by hundreds of deep wrinkles in their faces. :oops: :oops:

A widow makes her way in Vrindavan, India, where an estimated 15,000 widows live on the streets. :shock: :shock:
These Hindu widows, the poorest of the poor, are shunned from society when their husbands die, not for religious reasons, but because of tradition -- and because they're seen as a financial drain on their families. :o :o

They cannot remarry. They must not wear jewelry. They are forced to shave their heads and typically wear white. Even their shadows are considered bad luck. :? :?

Please watch the video - follow the link below
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... nnSTCVideo

This is the reality and it is very well known in India. They have shown this documentary lot of time in different channels here.

Why are you losing your sleep over it.

contra

Senator (1k+ posts)
1. NEVER did any Indian on this site say that India is perfect or without faults.

2. The indigenous religions of India [Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism etc.] don't claim superiority or finality.

India is not perfect, but, India is better than **************

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
where are the human right activists and organizations? A wonderfull BINDIA on the forehead of so called BHARAT(INDIA)

jimpack

Minister (2k+ posts)
rana14801 said:
where are the human right activists and organizations? A wonderfull BINDIA on the forehead of so called BHARAT(INDIA)

I don't understand the reason and logic of posting this video and trying to discuss on this forum.

You can't discuss or debate somebody's pain and sorrow.

You can only feel sorry and sympathize with them or maybe go and help them.

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
Hindus are open for change and always eager to learn new things. These were very wrong practices and with time these things are becoming very rare. Hopefully in few years time you will not find any of them. India is the country of more than 1 billion people. So even though the numbers sounds big it really isn't . At least we Hindus don't use religion to commit crimes. Just for Information it has nothing to do with our religion.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
contra said:
1. NEVER did any Indian on this site say that India is perfect or without faults.

2. The indigenous religions of India [Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism etc.] don't claim superiority or finality.

India is not perfect, but, India is better than **************
???????????????NAME ONE COUNTRY THAT INDIA IS BETTER THAN? I CAN HELP............CAMBODIA

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
jimpack said:
rana14801 said:

I don't understand the reason and logic of posting this video and trying to discuss on this forum.

You can't discuss or debate somebody's pain and sorrow.

You can only feel sorry and sympathize with them or maybe go and help them.
AGREED
BUT APPLY THE SAME STANDARD ON PAKISTANI NEWS

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
Nepali Pandit said:
Hindus are open for change and always eager to learn new things. These were very wrong practices and with time these things are becoming very rare. Hopefully in few years time you will not find any of them. India is the country of more than 1 billion people. So even though the numbers sounds big it really isn't . At least we Hindus don't use religion to commit crimes. Just for Information it has nothing to do with our religion.

I really hope that things work out for India the way you wish them to. But I am afraid it's not likely. As India will get economically better Hinduism will continue to decline. Low caste people will continue to convert or at least give up on hinduism. When the the political Hinduvta will observe the decline of hinduism in India it will fight back. Hindu fanaticism will be at its highest which will take the shape of violence. India and its hinduism has already forced a lot of sikhs to migrate, has suppressed muslims and made them feel guilty of the division of the sub-continent and also have alienated the East and south east India from its financial success. Hindutva will not let itself die in peace. It will fight back like the extremists do in Pakistan.

Among other problems, there will be a problem communal pride. You can get hurt in Maharashtra today if you refer to mumbai as bombay. Things will only get worse.

Also you mentioned that you hindus don' use religion to commit crimes. You should do some research on Dalits. You will learn the atrocities committed by the high caste hindus on these unfortunate low caste people. All in the name of the caste system, a pillar of Hinduism. Get out the fog of ignorance. You can't see clearly because of it.

Also, didn't hindu use to burn their widows before muslims came to india? Was not burning widows a religious matter? I don't know, I am asking.

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
I think once you get time from looking after your cows you may give some attention to other 'animals' like your Widows - you lot should be ashamed and perhaps get your priorities right... replying to the post by saying 'its a well documented fact...' 'the numbers are small...' bla bla bla only shows ignorance. One of you already replied to one other post by saying '... oh but the numbers are very small' do you really think that by closing your eyes will really make the cat go away :oops: :oops: :oops:

masadi1980

MPA (400+ posts)
It is resentful. This is the worse example of any society. How people dare to claim about largest democracy, i simply dont know. Why it doesnt happen with any rich or higher caste hindu widows?? why the society only treat poors like that?? Your media try to coverup these issues but now they cant stop maos. You couldnt ignore these issue by looking besides, these issue needs proper solution otherwise they become cancer for society and country as well, example of naxals is in front of you. What your socalled largest democratic government did with them, you deprived them from their basic human rights, now they are brutal, blasting the schools, occupying police stations, making hostages etc. These hindu widows are also one of the example of this imbalance society, (i dont wish) but if it remains, then results will more horrible then the naxals or dalat (low caste hindus).
Are they bound by your religion??? m just asking.

This is in Islam:
And those of you who die and leave wives behind them, they (the wives) shall wait (as regards their marriage) for four months and ten days
[al-Baqarah 2:234]

I would like to know same in Hinduism.

One hundred Gaza widows remarry in mass Hamas ceremony

By Avi Issacharoff
Tags: hamas, IDF, israel news, gaza

One hundred Palestinian widows whose spouses died during Operation Cast Lead remarried on one of Gaza's beaches Saturday, in a mass ceremony organized by Hamas. All the brides wore black.

Most remarried to relatives of their dead husbands, although about 20 married outside the bereaved family.

Hamas pledged to give $2,800 to any man who married one of the widows.

Islam encourages widows to remarry after three months of mourning - especially to relatives of the deceased.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1099509.html