I am a better Muslim in Canada than I was in Pakistan

Asad Mujtaba

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
1. I am a better Muslim in Canada than I was in Pakistan.
2. I don’t have to dress ( figuratively speaking ) to get noticed, to get anything done no one cares, no pretence, no hypocrisy.
3. Masjids are always full with 2, 3, and some times 4 Juma prayers.
4. The bayan and khutba in masjid are non violent, strictly preaching islam with love and care and delivered by educated people whose only purpose is to call people to this beautiful deen.
5. There is no violence against children by mullah, instead every masjid has numerous programs for youth to keep them engaged and motivated.
6. There is halal everywhere, as reachable, accessible and easy as it is in any Muslim country.
7. I don’t have to worry about halal meat’s authenticity, (donkey, diseased or some other animal)
8. I don’t have to bribe anyone to get my fair work done ( there is corruption here too but a common person is protected and can live peacefully)
9. No one dares break the queue, no wadera, no Chaudry, no Jalil politicians, no generals, no one.
10. Public schools are excellent, it is normal to have an incidence here or there once in a while.
11. People are coming to islam, Islamic schools are growing.
12. Islam is not just Kalma. It is the way of life and that way of life is much easier to adhere to here.
13. I don’t have to look at ugly scenes of cavalcades of politicians going past and general public including ambulances waiting and stuck.
14. Healthcare is very good. Doctors think twice before indulging in any malpractice.
15. Children can go out to play without fear of being abducted for ransom.
16. The airy fairy theories in the tweet you responded to are exactly that, airy fairy.
Honestly, I can go on listing but I think I have made my point.
Does that mean I don’t love Pakistan, not so. Pakistan is and will remain my first love. Unfortunately, Pakistani government institutions have been overtaken by snakes through patronage of establishment and politicians due to which it is impossible for an honest God fearing person to do business.
Pakistan is a land of opportunity held hostage by select few through web of lies, deception, tyranny and brutal force.
We will stand a chance if we can first and foremost establish equity and justice. Rule of law with zero exceptions is our only opportunity.
Good luck to the person referred to in the tweet you commented on.

taban

2. I don’t have to dress ( figuratively speaking ) to get noticed, to get anything done no one cares, no pretence, no hypocrisy.
4. The bayan and khutba in masjid are non violent, strictly preaching islam with love and care and delivered by educated people whose only purpose is to call people to this beautiful deen.
5. There is no violence against children by mullah, instead every masjid has numerous programs for youth to keep them engaged and motivated.
6. There is halal everywhere, as reachable, accessible and easy as it is in any Muslim country.
7. I don’t have to worry about halal meat’s authenticity, (donkey, diseased or some other animal)
8. I don’t have to bribe anyone to get my fair work done ( there is corruption here too but a common person is protected and can live peacefully)
9. No one dares break the queue, no wadera, no Chaudry, no Jalil politicians, no generals, no one.
10. Public schools are excellent, it is normal to have an incidence here or there once in a while.
12. Islam is not just Kalma. It is the way of life and that way of life is much easier to adhere to here.
13. I don’t have to look at ugly scenes of cavalcades of politicians going past and general public including ambulances waiting and stuck.
14. Healthcare is very good. Doctors think twice before indulging in any malpractice.
16. The airy fairy theories in the tweet you responded to are exactly that, airy fairy.
Does that mean I don’t love Pakistan, not so. Pakistan is and will remain my first love. Unfortunately, Pakistani government institutions have been overtaken by snakes through patronage of establishment and politicians due to which it is impossible for an honest God fearing person to do business.
Pakistan is a land of opportunity held hostage by select few through web of lies, deception, tyranny and brutal force.
We will stand a chance if we can first and foremost establish equity and justice. Rule of law with zero exceptions is our only opportunity.
یہ صرف تمہارا ہی نہیں تقریباً ہم سب کا ہی یہ حال ہے باہر آکر اسلام کی سمجھ آئی ہے

waqqaskhan

Councller (250+ posts)
BAAT HAE SUCH MAGE BAAT HAE RUSWAEE KI, I tried my best to come up with some points to counter your argument but could not find one....

Arrest Warrant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am not judging. Who am I to do that, anyways?
but just asking,
apart from what you have mentioned above, what makes you feel like a "better muslim" in canada when you shy away from the responsibilty of defending your brothers and sisters and leave them to mercy of the enemies?

mughals

Canada has the mini Pakistan mashallah. All Canadian Pakistanis enjoy their lives. I am glad they are getting in Canada what they wished from their own country.

mughals

mashallah. Thanks for writing these points.

saleema

MPA (400+ posts)
Fuhashi aur biryani (uryani) ka kia?
Pakistan mei Kam hai kya? Women in Pakistan are persecuted, insulted, raped and used as tools. Ask few questions from yourself..How many % women get their share in ancestral lands or any other properties? Are women safe to work and walk in offices and bazaars? Do the women of Pakistan get an equal opportunity to study and prosper as men?

immu321

MPA (400+ posts)
100% agree with theead starter.
pakistan mein islam kam aur sunyet, sheyet ziada hey. islam kamaye ka zarya hey.

Tandoori

Councller (250+ posts)
Asad Mujtaba

I am glad to see that Canada is now working out for you. Now, please spare us and let us figure out our own problems. Do wish us goodluck!

نادان

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
کسی نے سچ کہا تھا کہ پاکستان میں مسلمان نظر آتے ہیں ، اسلام نہیں .مغرب میں اسلام نظر آتا ہے .مسلمان نہیں

Wake up Pak

“I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam.”​

― Muhammad Abduh
What he meant is that in the West, the way of life is closer to Islamic teachings than in Muslim countries.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Thats is why every Pakistani should try their level best to travel outside at least once in their life. The ordinary Pakistani thinks corruption, lawlessness, dirt, pollution, not giving a damn about the law even such small things as traffic and parking laws. is the normal way of life, this is how life is suppose to be and one has to deal with it.

People say Imran Khan is crazy that he keeps on repeating how things are in the west. He's not crazy he just wants Pakistanis to realize that this organized chaos they live in is not normal. And with some very basic reforms how much better Pakistan and life of ordinary Pakistanis can be.

knowledge88

ایک صاحب جو کینیڈین نیشنل ہیں اور وہاں تدریسی فرائض انجام دیتے رہے ہیں اب پاکستان واپس شفٹ ہونے کے لیے کوشاں ہیں، ان سے جب اس کی وجہ دریافت کی تو ان کے انکشافات انتہائی خوفناک تھے، کہنے لگے کہ کالجوں یونیورسٹیوں میں بہت کانفرنسوں میں شرکت کی جن میں چند ایک اسلام پر بھی تھیں ان میں سے ایک کانفرنس کے بعد جب کچھ پروفیسر اور دیگر بیٹھے کھانے پینے میں مشغول تھے اور گپیں لگ رہی تھیں تو باتوں باتوں میں انہوں نے پوچھا کہ آپ لوگ اسلام کے اتنے پیچھے بھی ہیں اور مسلمان ملکوں کے لوگوں کو نیشنلسٹی بھی دیتے ہیں تو ایک پروفیسر بولا کہ ہم مسلمانوں کو نیشنلسٹی دیتے ہیں وہ یہاں آتے ہیں ہماری خدمت کرتے ہیں اور اس کے بدلے معاوضے کو اپنا اعلیٰ کیریئر مانتے ہیں جیسے آپ آئے ہیں، آپ یہاں ہماری حکومت کی نوکری کر رہے ہیں اور ہمارے بچوں کو وہ پڑھا رہے ہیں جو ہم پڑھوانا چاہتے ہیں۔ اس کے بدلے آپ کو اچھی تنخواہ ملتی ہے اور آپ فیملی سمیت اچھی زندگی گزار رہے ہیں جو پیچھے آپ کے دیگر لوگوں کے لیے بڑی کشش رکھتی ہے اور ان میں بہت سے ہماری نوکریوں کے لیے تیار ہو رہے ہیں۔ یہ ہمارا پہلا مقصد ہے اور دوسرا یہ ہے کہ آپ جیسے زیادہ تر لوگ اپنے مذہب قائم رہیں گے پر کیا آپ کو لگتا ہے کہ آپ کی اگلی نسل بھی آپ جیسی مذہب پر قائم رہنے والی ہو گی؟۔ ہمارے اندازے کے مطابق یورپی اور امریکہ کینیڈا آنے والے 70 سے 75 فی صد مسلمان اپنے عقیدے پر کسی نہ کسی طرح قائم رہتے ہیں پر اگلی نسل میں اسلام پر قائم رہنا صرف 20-25 فی صد رہ جائے گا اور اس کے بعد بس نام ہی مسلمانوں والا ہو گا اور ہو گا وہ ایسا لبرل مسلمان جو ہم بنانا چاہتے ہیں اس لیے ہماری نظر تم لوگوں کی تیسری اور چوتھی نسل پر ہے جو صرف نام کی مسلمان ہو گی۔ ہمارا پہلا مقصد تمہارے اعلیٰ دماغوں کو اچھے کیرئیر کا لالچ دے کر اپنا غلام بنانا ہے اور یہ کیرئیر ہماری نوکری کے بدلے ہے کوئی مفت میں نہیں ہے۔ دوسرا مقصد تمہاری نسلوں سے اسلام کو نکالنا ہے اور 'لبرل اسلام' کو لانا ہے اور یہ کام تمہاری آنے والی نسلیں خود کریں گی۔

وہ صاحب کہنے لگے کہ اس انگریز پروفیسر کی باتیں سن کر میں نے جب اپنے بچوں کا تجزیہ کیا تو یہ دیکھ کر حیران رہ گیا کہ اس پروفیسر کی باتیں اور اندازے ناقابلِ یقین حد تک درست ہیں۔ مجھے اپنے بچوں میں دنیاوی معاملات میں کیرئیر بنانے کی، آگے بڑھنے کی اور اس ماحول میں رچ بس جانے کی لگن نظر آئی اور نہیں نظر آیا تو دین نظر نہیں آیا۔ اب میرے پاس ہاتھ ملنے اور پشیمانی کے علاؤہ کچھ نہیں ہے کیونکہ دنیاوی معاملات میں الجھ کر اپنی اولاد کو نہ دین کی روشنی پہنچا سکا اور نہ ہی اپنی سماجی اقتدار سے بہرہ مند کروا سکا۔ اب واپس جانا پڑا تو خود ہی جا سکتا ہوں کیونکہ اولاد تو کینڈین شہری ہے اور ان پر اب میرا کوئی زور نہیں ہے۔

knowledge88

ایک صاحب جو کینیڈین نیشنل ہیں اور وہاں تدریسی فرائض انجام دیتے رہے ہیں اب پاکستان واپس شفٹ ہونے کے لیے کوشاں ہیں، ان سے جب اس کی وجہ دریافت کی تو ان کے انکشافات انتہائی خوفناک تھے، کہنے لگے کہ کالجوں یونیورسٹیوں میں بہت کانفرنسوں میں شرکت کی جن میں چند ایک اسلام پر بھی تھیں ان میں سے ایک کانفرنس کے بعد جب کچھ پروفیسر اور دیگر بیٹھے کھانے پینے میں مشغول تھے اور گپیں لگ رہی تھیں تو باتوں باتوں میں انہوں نے پوچھا کہ آپ لوگ اسلام کے اتنے پیچھے بھی ہیں اور مسلمان ملکوں کے لوگوں کو نیشنلسٹی بھی دیتے ہیں تو ایک پروفیسر بولا کہ ہم مسلمانوں کو نیشنلسٹی دیتے ہیں وہ یہاں آتے ہیں ہماری خدمت کرتے ہیں اور اس کے بدلے معاوضے کو اپنا اعلیٰ کیریئر مانتے ہیں جیسے آپ آئے ہیں، آپ یہاں ہماری حکومت کی نوکری کر رہے ہیں اور ہمارے بچوں کو وہ پڑھا رہے ہیں جو ہم پڑھوانا چاہتے ہیں۔ اس کے بدلے آپ کو اچھی تنخواہ ملتی ہے اور آپ فیملی سمیت اچھی زندگی گزار رہے ہیں جو پیچھے آپ کے دیگر لوگوں کے لیے بڑی کشش رکھتی ہے اور ان میں بہت سے ہماری نوکریوں کے لیے تیار ہو رہے ہیں۔ یہ ہمارا پہلا مقصد ہے اور دوسرا یہ ہے کہ آپ جیسے زیادہ تر لوگ اپنے مذہب قائم رہیں گے پر کیا آپ کو لگتا ہے کہ آپ کی اگلی نسل بھی آپ جیسی مذہب پر قائم رہنے والی ہو گی؟۔ ہمارے اندازے کے مطابق یورپی اور امریکہ کینیڈا آنے والے 70 سے 75 فی صد مسلمان اپنے عقیدے پر کسی نہ کسی طرح قائم رہتے ہیں پر اگلی نسل میں اسلام پر قائم رہنا صرف 20-25 فی صد رہ جائے گا اور اس کے بعد بس نام ہی مسلمانوں والا ہو گا اور ہو گا وہ ایسا لبرل مسلمان جو ہم بنانا چاہتے ہیں اس لیے ہماری نظر تم لوگوں کی تیسری اور چوتھی نسل پر ہے جو صرف نام کی مسلمان ہو گی۔ ہمارا پہلا مقصد تمہارے اعلیٰ دماغوں کو اچھے کیرئیر کا لالچ دے کر اپنا غلام بنانا ہے اور یہ کیرئیر ہماری نوکری کے بدلے ہے کوئی مفت میں نہیں ہے۔ دوسرا مقصد تمہاری نسلوں سے اسلام کو نکالنا ہے اور 'لبرل اسلام' کو لانا ہے اور یہ کام تمہاری آنے والی نسلیں خود کریں گی۔

وہ صاحب کہنے لگے کہ اس انگریز پروفیسر کی باتیں سن کر میں نے جب اپنے بچوں کا تجزیہ کیا تو یہ دیکھ کر حیران رہ گیا کہ اس پروفیسر کی باتیں اور اندازے ناقابلِ یقین حد تک درست ہیں۔ مجھے اپنے بچوں میں دنیاوی معاملات میں کیرئیر بنانے کی، آگے بڑھنے کی اور اس ماحول میں رچ بس جانے کی لگن نظر آئی اور نہیں نظر آیا تو دین نظر نہیں آیا۔ اب میرے پاس ہاتھ ملنے اور پشیمانی کے علاؤہ کچھ نہیں ہے کیونکہ دنیاوی معاملات میں الجھ کر اپنی اولاد کو نہ دین کی روشنی پہنچا سکا اور نہ ہی اپنی سماجی اقتدار سے بہرہ مند کروا سکا۔ اب واپس جانا پڑا تو خود ہی جا سکتا ہوں کیونکہ اولاد تو کینڈین شہری ہے اور ان پر اب میرا کوئی زور نہیں ہے۔

When you go to pray for Jumma in a mosque in Canada, you will notice that almost 90% of worshippers are first migrants. There will be some second generation migrants. You will not see third or fourth generation of Muslim migrants. Gradually they give up Muslim faith. This is proven by statistics of migrants. So it is true that you are a better Muslim in Canada but it is also true that most probably your future generation will either be a Christian or an athiest.

Wake up Pak

Tou phir janab Pakistan wapis kab ja rahay hain😉

Wake up Pak

When you go to pray for Jumma in a mosque in Canada, you will notice that almost 90% of worshippers are first migrants. There will be some second generation migrants. You will not see third or fourth generation of Muslim migrants. Gradually they give up Muslim faith. This is proven by statistics of migrants. So it is true that you are a better Muslim in Canada but it is also true that most probably your future generation will either be a Christian or an athiest.
Kiya namaz parhnay say koi acha Musalman bun jata hay? Kiya Pakistan may Islam hay?