I saved my country from nuclear blackmail - Dr Qadeer

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
source of news : the Express tribune
dated : 17/5/11

AQ-Khan-EPA111-640x480.jpg

Dr Qadeer says no nuclear-capable country has had its borders redrawn.
Pakistan achieved credible nuclear deterrence on December 10, 1984, and perfected delivery system in the early 90s, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan tells Newsweek magazine in a write-up.
In his first piece written exclusively for a Western publication, Dr Khan says that the West should not be afraid of the countrys nuclear programme. He also boasts of accomplishing a remarkable feat by making Pakistan, a country which couldnt produce bicycle chains, a nuclear capable country and a missile power.
According to him, Pakistans nuclear weapons had prevented war with India, which he accused of pursuing a massive programme solely for the purpose of serving its ambitions of attaining a superpower status.
Dont overlook the fact that no nuclear-capable country has been subjected to aggression or occupied, or had its borders redrawn. Had Iraq and Libya been nuclear powers, they wouldnt have been destroyed in the way we have seen recently. If we had nuclear capability before 1971, we wouldnt have lost half our country after a disgraceful defeat, Khan said.
While Dr Khan said he was not familiar with the latest developments in Pakistans nuclear programme, Newsweek published a commercial satellite image, processed by the Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security, which it claimed showed accelerated construction of a nuclear complex at Khushab.
The magazine quoted the think-tank as saying that plutonium from the new reactors would allow a dramatic increase in weapons production, potentially allowing Pakistan to double its annual production of nuclear weapons.
Accusing western powers of orchestrating a false propaganda aimed against Pakistans nuclear programme, Dr Khan said: I would like to make it clear that it was an Indian nuclear explosion in May 1974 that prompted our nuclear programme, motivating me to return to Pakistan to help create a credible nuclear deterrent and save my country from Indian nuclear blackmail.
The question of how many weapons are required for credible deterrence against India is purely academic. India, he said, would need just five nuclear devices to wreak havoc upon Pakistan, and Islamabad would need only 10 to return the favour.
Published in The Express Tribune, May 17th, 2011.

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
abdul qadeer did favour on this nation by being among the sieintists who made atom bomb
but
abdul qadeer khan is wrong in the assumption that after getting nuclear capability we are safe from any aggression!
no!when our rulers cant safeguard the borders of pakistan how can they safegurad these weapons?

also soviet union had thousands of nuclear war heads but mujahideen defeated the soviets and the soviet union broke into ten states.

so both these facts tell us that nuclear weapons are not enough and iman and character is more important than weapons.
thats why our army of 10 lakh men which has sophisticated weapons is just a slave of america but just ten thousand taliban mujahideen who have old ancient weapons are defeating america!with no airforce and no missilies etc!
is this not amazing.but people are still blind deaf and dumb due to the reason of not eating halaal
alas

sura al e imran from quran
138 ...This (the Qur'an) is a plain statement for mankind, a guidance and instruction to those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious).
139 ...So do not become weak (against your enemy), nor be sad, and you will be superior (in victory) if you are indeed (true) believers.

Last edited: