IF PAKISTANI POLITICIANS ARE SINCERE TO THEIR PEOPLE

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
If Pakistani politicians are sincere to their people, then they must incorporate in the ongoing amendment following also:

a) No one will be allowed to contest elections of MNA/MPA on more than one seat;
b) The looser in these elections will not be selected as Senator;
c) No by-elections on whatsoever pretext as it involves huge amount of
public exchequer which is the tax money of people. In case of death of the incumbent
the seat should be continued to remain with the concerned winning party. In case of
disqualification on whatever pretext, the seat should be offered to the second place
candidate.
d) Minimum education should be of a Graduate from a Recognized University ONLY.

e) The President's election should be with universal suffrage with one person one vote concept and the Presidential candidate should rotate between four provinces.

Let us see how much sincerity is there from Politicians.?

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
Brother, you put up valuable points for Politicians. I would also like to add that:

The statements of assets and liabilities submitted by Candidates to Election Commission of Pakistan must be scrutinised and audited transparently before the election.

Following video clips about financial statements of our leading politicians are shocking:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_gBdr0f-u4[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTg2nvaLaFE&feature=related[/video]

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Nice suggestions from you apart from the suggestion of universal suffrage for the election of a president which is incompatible with the current parliamentary form of government in Pakistan. However I think if this sham democracy needs to restore its credibility in Pakistan then the so called incumbents of this system have to make some overhaul in their election process as well. Following are my suggestions to make some primordial changes in the current political system of Pakistan especially in the election process;

The age limit for a voter should be raised up to 25 so as to avoid the sentimental and impulsive nature of young voters in the election process.

The minimum qualification for a voter should be set to the matriculation from the recognised examining body of Pakistan.

The special designation seats for women should be abolished and they should be encouraged to participate in an open contest in their respective constituencies.

A separate legislative assembly for the minorities should be set up so that they become independent to legislate for their own communities in terms of their family and inheritance laws according to the dictates of their own faiths & believes.

Any candidate contesting for provisional & national assembly seats have to declare his assets and wealth to the election commission of Pakistan and through checks have to be done by that commission.

Basic knowledge of Islamic jurisprudence and common law of Pakistan should become a mandatory requirement (Apart from the Bachelors degree) for such contesting candidates.

Any candidate with the criminal record in police whether it has been decided in the court of law or not should not in any case participate in any form of election in order to hold the mandate of a public office neither in local or national level.

The sitting government in any district, town and rural level should not have any role in conducting the election or by-elections of any constituencies in Pakistan. This role has to be given wholly and purely to the independent election commission of Pakistan with no political influence at all on that org.

A through screening process of all the wishful candidates should be conducted by the EC of Pakistan and the services of local NGOs, courts and Mosques should be hired in order to achieve this daunting highly important task.

Any candidate whose ideologies and thoughts are against the ideologies of Pakistan and Islam (In a holistic manner) should not be deemed illegible for representing the populace of Pakistan. In this way those parties which have ethnic, sectarian, creedal and liberal leanings would then be aligned towards the basic fundamental ideology of Pakistan which has its thorough grounding in Islamic teachings.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
What ever u make the laws and regulations,

I will vote for 'Mangal Bagh', because

1) He is from my family

2) He will try for my son job as promised.

3) He will end up my Legal problem because I have lots of problems.

U know , I have to run a No 2 , coke factory and some drugs and Kabza group.

I have to do this to live with respect in this city.

waleed1214

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Bret Hawk said:
Nice suggestions from you apart from the suggestion of universal suffrage for the election of a president which is incompatible with the current parliamentary form of government in Pakistan. However I think if this sham democracy needs to restore its credibility in Pakistan then the so called incumbents of this system have to make some overhaul in their election process as well. Following are my suggestions to make some primordial changes in the current political system of Pakistan especially in the lection process;

The age limit for a voter should be raised up to 25 so as to avoid the sentimental and impulsive nature of young voters in the election process.

The minimum qualification for a voter should be set to be the matriculation from the recognised examining body of Pakistan.

The special designation seats for women should be abolished and they should be encouraged to participate in an open contest in their respective constituencies.

A separate legislative assembly for the minorities should be set up so that they become independent to legislate for their own communities in terms of their family and inheritance laws according to the dictates of their own faiths & believes.

Any candidate contesting for provisional & national assembly seats have to declare his assets and wealth to the election commission of Pakistan and through checks have to be done by that commission.

Basic knowledge of Islamic jurisprudence and common law of Pakistan should become a mandatory requirement (Apart from the Bachelors degree) for such contesting candidates.

Any candidate with the criminal record in police whether it has been decided in the court of law or not should not in any case participate in any form of election in order to hold the mandate of a public office neither in local or national level.

The sitting government in any district, town and rural level should not have any role in conducting the election or by-elections of any constituencies in Pakistan. This role has to be given wholly and purely to the independent election commission of Pakistan with no political influence at all on that org.

A through screening process of all the wishful candidates should be conducted by the EC of Pakistan and the services of local NGOs, courts and Mosques should be hired in order to achieve this daunting highly important task.

Any candidate whose ideologies and thoughts are against the ideologies of Pakistan and Islam (In a holistic manner) should not be deemed illegible for representing the populace of Pakistan. In this way those parties which have ethnic, sectarian, creedal and liberal leanings would then be aligned towards the basic fundamental ideology of Pakistan which has its thorough grounding in Islamic teachings.
Why voters should be of 25 i agree with your LATTER points but this is obnoxious,our youth is more intelligent then these so called matured people or aged people,what have they given this nation these so called MATURE people are the voters of NAWAZ SHAREEF ,is this maturity of above 25 year old people,OUR NATION possess such mongrels of elder people with due respect,they just criticize and criticize and do nothing,REMEMBER CHECK HISTORY ALWAYS REVOLUTION AND CHANGE IS BEING BROUGHT BY YOUTH BECAUSE YOUTH HAS THE MINDSET AND THE ENERGY TO CHANGE WHAT THEY FORSEE, According to latest research the human capabilty and talent is the utmost from the time span of 18-23,Sir with due respect your this certain point is tottally obnoxious and without LOGIC~~!!! [okkk]

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Many thanks to all for their valuable suggestions and comments. In the present set up and realities, my own view is that in the first instance the five things stated in my initial post may be implemented. After than next steps can been taken. These things incorporation in the ON-GOING CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT, will be a big step forward in Pakistani politics. But I doubt rather bet that NO POLITICIAN without any exception will not even talk about these things, leave alone their implementation. The question is why. What is at their stake:

a) All political and decision-makers are of the same strategy that "particulars person(s) should always come to power. So they wish to keep all the options "open" ranging from contesting elections on as much seat as possible to have the door open. If they loose on every seats, then silently they will be slipped into as "Senators". So the "particulars person(s) election/selection" will always be guaranteed.

b) By-election is "free ride" by these politicians at the cost of Public money. Javed Hashmi should and must pay all the expenses of NA-55 and same thing should be applicable at Gujrat elections, as well as to Dasti & Co locality. This "exploitation & sheer wastage of money and resources, time" should be stopped once and for all.

c) You shall all agree that "even putting the condition of educational qualification" brought about certain results. Few head rolled. If this condition is fully implemented the results will be obvious.

d) present way of electing the President opens the doors for political maneuvering. It should be Universal suffrage. Let the whole nation decide who will be the President. The implementation of this suggestion will for ever close the doors for those who got vote for President ship from "particulars persons".

I shall strongly and vehmently support Bret Hawk suggestion that "fixing quota for ladies" should be abolished henceforth. Let them(the ladies" contest the elections. No more of Kismala and Marvi concept.
Believe me that present politician will never implement above suggestions, which do not involve any financial expenditure but only require "sincerity", the question is Do they have?

Bushman

Voter (50+ posts)
I 100% agree with brother RAAZ.I also must vote for this Baag because last year he got my son out of jail,and ha is from my Braadery,my grand pa and his were class felows,and his sister is married in our town,and................................................

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Bret Hawk said:
Nice suggestions from you apart from the suggestion of universal suffrage for the election of a president which is incompatible with the current parliamentary form of government in Pakistan. However I think if this sham democracy needs to restore its credibility in Pakistan then the so called incumbents of this system have to make some overhaul in their election process as well. Following are my suggestions to make some primordial changes in the current political system of Pakistan especially in the election process;

The minimum qualification for a voter should be set to the matriculation from the recognised examining body of Pakistan.

Brett bhai,

you have raised very good points here which is perfect for an ideal world but we must know we do not live in an ideal world.

Also, some of your points needs to be rebuttled, I will give my humble opinion later.

gazoomartian

Bushman said:
I 100% agree with brother RAAZ.I also must vote for this Baag because last year he got my son out of jail,and ha is from my Braadery,my grand pa and his were class felows,and his sister is married in our town,and................................................

very celever way to point out aqraba pervery :D

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Raaz said:
What ever u make the laws and regulations,

I will vote for 'Mangal Bagh', because

1) He is from my family

2) He will try for my son job as promised.

3) He will end up my Legal problem because I have lots of problems.

U know , I have to run a No 2 , coke factory and some drugs and Kabza group.

I have to do this to live with respect in this city.
When "Mangal Bagh" will be restricted to only one constituency, as are the suggestion, then he will think twice before even applying for the ticket. And if he knew that "senator door" is also closed, then he will have a stall in "Mangal Bazar".
BTW, the question under discussion was not "how and to whom vote" rather it was suggestion to close the nasty and back doors for "particular Mangal Baghs". Anyhow your critical analysis is worthy, although not on the point, but is fact if we see the pattern of voting from NA-55 to Gujrat-111 etc.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is also amazing that none of the TV commentators like Hamid Mir, Luqman, Asma, Dr. Shahid, Javed Ch. and etc. etc. etc. raise these objective questions/matters. They go like "round n round" things. Is it that these TV commentators are also biased what the hell that they cannot make a sitting on the subject "why to contest elections at a time on so many places"? I see something fishy!!!!!!!

gazoomartian

babadeena said:
It is also amazing that none of the TV commentators like Hamid Mir, Luqman, Asma, Dr. Shahid, Javed Ch. and etc. etc. etc. raise these objective questions/matters. They go like "round n round" things. Is it that these TV commentators are also biased what the hell that they cannot make a sitting on the subject "why to contest elections at a time on so many places"? I see something fishy!!!!!!!

well young man, if you must know. TV stations are in business of selling there ratings. They prey on people's emotions. I am willing to bet most of the bits n bytes that you see are fake.

At the end of the day, each anchor person is trying down his competitor. This is his bread n butter. Higher the rating, the more advertising money. Simple as that

the barey mian LOL

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
babadeena said:

well young man, if you must know. TV stations are in business of selling there ratings. They prey on people's emotions. I am willing to bet most of the bits n bytes that you see are fake.

At the end of the day, each anchor person is trying down his competitor. This is his bread n butter. Higher the rating, the more advertising money. Simple as that

the barey mian LOL
BarayMIAN,
Thanks for adding something to my knowledge. BTW in 24 hours what is your
positive contribution on board. 60 years old songs and jumping on the bandwagon of each and every thread. In your age, normally people from our culture make rajooh towards Deen, ponder at Quranic verses but it is not your fault must be maple leaf syndrome!!!! Anyway thanks for whatever, if any, contribution, u have on this thread.

gazoomartian

babadeena said:
gazoomartian said:
babadeena said:

the barey mian LOL
BarayMIAN,
Thanks for adding something to my knowledge. BTW in 24 hours what is your
positive contribution on board. 60 years old songs and jumping on the bandwagon of each and every thread. In your age, normally people from our culture make rajooh towards Deen, ponder at Quranic verses but it is not your fault must be maple leaf syndrome!!!! Anyway thanks for whatever, if any, contribution, u have on this thread.

waht has been your contribution? just spread of pervezi mazhab and misguiding people

yup, maple leaf makes very good pancake syrup yum yum, ever tried?