Imran Khan at the Inauguration of Shaukat Khanum Karachi

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6KDLfksg4g[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqfCSqpQ52w[/video]

Imran Khan to set up Shaukat Khanum Cancer hospital in Karachi 2010: The Shaukat Khanum Foundation will set up a full-fledged cancer hospital in Karachi this year, according to a press release.

Inaugurating a diagnostic centre of the Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital (SKMCH) in the Defence Housing Authority on Monday, Imran Khan, Founder and Chairman of the hospital, said that the centre was just a step in the direction of setting up a full hospital in Karachi.

The inauguration ceremony was largely attended by the hospital management, the members of the governing board, and donors. Among the prominent guests were Justice (Retd) Nasir Aslam Zahid, and Justice (Retd) Fakhruddin G Ebrahim.

Dr Nausherwan Burki, Member, Board of Governors, while thanking the guests for their presence, highlighted the aims and objectives of the diagnostic centre and explained the salient features of the latest diagnostic equipment and facilities there.

Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Imran Khan said that Shaukat Khanum Hospital was a charitable organisation, the aim of which was to serve suffering humanity and offer medical facilities to the underprivileged. He pointed out that, to date, the hospital had incurred an expenditure of Rs7 billion on free medical treatments to the needy.

He said that the diagnostic centre would be equipped with a Pet Scan, incurring a cost of Rs200 million. This gadgetry, he said, was necessary for prompt and accurate detection of cancer.

Chaudhry_1960

Minister (2k+ posts)
Another good effort from Imran BUT why Defence Housing Authority ? it should be a central location where evreyone including the poor people can have access to it. Looks like this is going to be for wealthy people of Karachi only... hope not. He should not treat wealthy people for free from the zakat and donations from poor people of Pakistan.

usman6062

MPA (400+ posts)
@above....chaudry
So, in actual your main concern is that why imran khan made this hospital in DHA????
I believe that as long as he is trying to help poor people in Lahore, he will definitely help poor in Karachi.

I dont think your concern is right. It looks like you are just trying to oppose him.

Councller (250+ posts)
I can bet you he will never make this hospital in Karachi. He is hater of Karachities. Just scoring nothingesle.

Mujahid

MPA (400+ posts)
I can bet you he will never make this hospital in Karachi. He is hater of Karachities. Just scoring nothingesle.

your name as well your thoughts seems like hindu's isn't it ?