Imran Khan on the "War of Terror" and "Pakistani Taliban"

A

arshad_lahore

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-IFLJn00A[/video]

S

Siasati

All I can do is just admire, everytime I listen to him. What smart man with vision he is

jony1

MPA (400+ posts)
AS I already used to say, IMran is the only way and hopes of the pakistani people,
Those people whi said imran does not understand the fact and when hi understands its too late.
But I am sure what Imran is doing. He cannot take all those people who were somehow were the part of the previous goverments.
Its a fresh leadership, fresh mission and if he takes old polititons with him. they never will be able to help him but will make comlications.
My best wishes are with him and hi will win. Inshallah

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
--Bravo,Imran Khan has been known to call spade a spade :) I only wish Our people recognize the gem he is and vote for him only instead of blindly opting for looters and thugs :ugeek:

tmukhtar

Voter (50+ posts)
So according to Imran Khan "hope of future":

1. Pak Army served their pay master (US) for USD 70 million a month.
2. Pak Army Soldiers surrendered in "droves" to Talibans and his example is 270 Pak Soldiers surrendered to 10 Talibans.
3. Pak Army had to hold dialouge with Taliban for safe passage.
4. He used the term "insurgents" for those who are coming into Pakistan for terrorists activities.
5. We need to change strategy because it is not Alqaeda or Taliban but Pashtun Nationalists who are backlashing for the atrocities of Pak Army in the troubled areas.
6. He kept on saying that Pak Government need to change their current strategy else Pakistan will be no different than Cambodia.
7. He said Capital Talk is the most watched program (I think Hamid Mir is the most manipulative journalist ) where in one episode he brought PTI Bajour Bureau Chief whose family was shelled by Pak Army Helicopter in which his son lost his legs and his brother and children were killed. (so it was an intentional act)

So his big thing to resolve terrorism issue is "peace through talks or dialogue". But then he did not say with whom??? With "insurgents" or Pashtun Nationalists???? Because according to his speech alqeada or taliban dont exist!!!!!

How could a Pakistani admire his views,words and vision in the backdrop of attack on GHQ??? All TV channels are showing funerals of GHQ terrorist attack victims and here we have siasat.pk posting speech (no mention when it was recorded) of Imran Khan calling Pak Army names and taking mickey out of them by calling it a surrender which infact was laying down their weapon to protect the local population of the village.

I respect when people say they admire his vision but In my opinion in this video against the backdrop of GHQ terrorist attack his words sounded silly and naive.

Tahir

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
tumkhtar

--Why do people shy away from truth :roll: ..there weren't any bombings in Pakistan prior to this so called "war of terror" Some greedy general wanted to cash it in and played cowardice right from the start :x We need to see all in context..as far as current situation of Pakistan is concerned a lot new players have camouflaged their way into our region and have been quite active in the latest chain of attacks for only layman to again perceive as being carried out by pashtuns and stand by the Unjust operation of Pak Army :cry: :cry:.. Only a courage for 2 words was needed "NO"..

samy99

Minister (2k+ posts)
imran khan if you want to survive in politics just organize your party on grass roots level and then think of becoming something otherwise forget it .You have to get out of the shell of I,me,my and let someone also join you and speak on behalf of your party.What i see is you all the time on tv talk shows,what happen you dont have anyone else to come on the talk about the different issues.Appoint some good educated and honest people and let them come to the talk shows also like other party's members,just dont stand alone by yourself.This way you will be going nowhere.Think like z.A.bhutto how he organize his party and how he became the PM.Open up and be more gracious with your party workers,just you alone are not the party.You are talking on the good issues but you need lots of support from your workers,let them join you.You are wise enough to understand what i mean.Get out of the image of "tanga Party".It looks like you are just supporting yourself not the party.

tmukhtar

Voter (50+ posts)
taul said:
tumkhtar

--Why do people shy away from truth :roll: ..there weren't any bombings in Pakistan prior to this so called "war of terror" Some greedy general wanted to cash it in and played cowardice right from the start :x We need to see all in context..as far as current situation of Pakistan is concerned a lot new players have camouflaged their way into our region and have been quite active in the latest chain of attacks for only layman to again perceive as being carried out by pashtuns and stand by the Unjust operation of Pak Army :cry: :cry:.. Only a courage for 2 words was needed "NO"..

taul: thank you for your comments.

I absolutely agree with first part of your comment about greedy general wanted to cash war on terror to their benefit and thats why they strategized to go for mass killing in Pakhtoonkhwa and used Pak Army as well. But this should not be the reason to deny the fact that foreign elements have had their bases set up in Pakistan since Afghan War against the USSR.

And If you dont mind me differing from the second part of your comment regarding current situation, I would say that these new players have been able to infiltrate our PAK land because militant tribal groups like Mehsud Tribe have been actively harboring and sponsoring such or a lot of these elements. Some of these elements who belong to central asian states (like Uzbak, Tajik, Chechans) do not belong to Pakistan they should go and fight capitalism in their own countries. These militants have absolutely corrupted the social fabric of our nation thats why we see that a former civil employee of medical-core of Pak Army attacks GHQ. His video showed by news channels clearly depict that foreign militants are training a Pakistani to attack within Pakistan in the name of Islam. So wouldnt it be pragmatic for national institutions to decide for an action against these terrorists who have created "Islamic Immarat of Waziristan" within Pakistan. In the light of Imran Khan's posted speech clip, GHQ terrorist attack is a backlash against the Pak Army because of its unjust operation. I am sorry but I do not agree with this notion at all.

Cheers

Tahir

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
samy99 said:
imran khan if you want to survive in politics just organize your party on grass roots level and then think of becoming something otherwise forget it .You have to get out of the image of I,me,my and let someone also join you and speak on behalf of your party.What i see is you all the time on tv talk shows,what happen you dont have anyone else to come on tv and talk about the different issues.Appoint some good educated and honest people and let them come to the tv talk shows also like other party's members,just dont stand alone by yourself.This way you will be going nowhere.Think like z.A.bhutto how he organize his party and how he became the PM.Open up and be more gracious with your party workers,just you alone are not the party.You are talking on the good issues but you need lots of support from your workers,let them join you.You are wise enough to understand what i mean.Get out of the image of "tanga Party".

Agreed. Although I admire IK the cricketer, I have many reservations about IK the politician. It is 13 years now since he entered politics and people were expecting great things from him but his party still has no grass roots support. I still only know of two people (the other being Shireen Mazari who joined his party btw only last year) in PTI. Imran had the golden opportunity in 1995/6 to translate his immense cricket fame into popular votes. He could have persuaded influential people (not everyone is dishonest or corrupt!) from different provinces to join his party in order to give it a wider appeal instead of just going for clean doctors, lawyers and engineers (not a bad idea per se but it does not win you many votes at the end of the day) but perhaps the idea that someone from his own party could one day challenge him or his policies was just too much to bear for him...Why does n't he let other people in his party come on talk shows etc. Are they all media shy or phobic? And as you rightly mentioned his main problem is his big ego... IK must learn to deal with people who differ with his opinion with tact and diplomacy rather than launching into a tirade every time he is challenged by someone. Appearing on Capital Talk shows etc. is ok but he needs to go into the field as well...he needs to go into rural areas of Sind, NWFP, Punjab and Balochistan to gather support of the masses for his party. Why does Imran have to appear on so many Capital Talk episodes? Hamid Mir is certainly no intellectual or the voice of reason. He comes across as a khushamadi to me if anything

I still admire Imran because despite his shortfalls he is better than the corrupt Zardari and NS but at the same time it hurts and pains me to see him not learning from his past mistakes and uttering the same nonsense about Taliban and other religious fanatics over and over again. Even if Mush was wrong to invade FATA how can any sane person not feel an instant aversion to the barbaric Taliban reaction - the beheadings, suicide bombings, blowing up of schools are completely indefensible - and condemn them unconditionally. How could anyone oppose Swat operation in such circumstances? This was the time to not view everything through a rigid ideological prism. No honest conservative, or liberal, can see the death and destruction in the North-West and only issue cookie cutter responses. Only someone who has his head buried in the sand for some reason can. This was the time to show real leadership and behave like a true statesman. Most political leaders in Pakistan have reservations about MQM (and not without good reason) but do we ever hear them bashing MQM on every programme, talk show or in every gathering. Imran needs to break this monotony. He needs to understand that he cannot define himself by that issue. That is what its come down to now.
Among his many positives Imran is a philanthropist par excellence. As a cricket all-rounder he has few parallels in cricket. Maybe only Sobers was better than him but then Sobers was a batting all-rounder and Imran was more of a bowling all-rounder.
If Imran likes someone he will cosy up to them so much that it starts looking odd. Qazi and Hamid Mir are classic examples of that. Imran has suddenly forgotten all about NS's corruption (the very people who he accused of massive corruption along with BB and with good reason) and the fact that the Sharif brothers caused him so much distress in public by needlessly bringing up the Sita White affair on the eve of the 1996 election.

Time is running out fast for Imran who turns 57 next month (Nov 25). When the hell is he going to translate his popularity into popular votes? The next election in 2013 may be his last chance to redeem himself as a politician. Unless Imran is able to turn things around quickly, he risks becoming the next Nawabzada Nasrullah or Asghar Khan of Pakistani politics who were both clean and untainted with corruption but failed to make much of an impact in successive elections

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
tmukhtar

--I strongly disagree,as i said earlier American presence itself in Afghanistan is unjustified and dragging Pakistan into this mess, have been the main reason for this,whoever you pointed out were probably already there or not and other players that i pointed out are indians who would strike and malign us in any given chance and they too have caused a lot of damage to us..Point being for baseless and idiotic war Pakistan should've stood the ground and politely said "No" and expressed Pakistan simply wouldn't wanna be part of this illegal alliance.People fighting nato troops quite rightly see them as occupiers just as any normal person would,and ofcourse helping an Occupier is as if committing the sin itself.No one dared such activities in Pakistan earlier and this didn't provide enough chance to our long time foes but unfortunately now they have been given a platform as well where they think whatever they may be able to pull off would be easily branded to the players american's been Unjustly targeting.

G

this is the most confused guy i have ever seen! his words r so childish and reflect how naive he is..he should not give his opinion about fight against taliban pigs coz he is not a millitary/defense analyst..
abay ab kia dialogue karain in taliban se jo GHQ may hamla kar rahay hain? un ko kia bahar gate par rokh kar samjhain ?? abay kia baat kar raha hay yeh confused insan! :D :D
our survival is in defeating these taliban pigs! no other way around!
solution to pakistan is in bringing back the diamond v lost...Musharraf the great! [musharaf]

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
prabhumast said:
this is the most confused guy i have ever seen! his words r so childish and reflect how naive he is..he should not give his opinion about fight against taliban pigs coz he is not a millitary/defense analyst..
abay ab kia dialogue karain in taliban se jo GHQ may hamla kar rahay hain? un ko kia bahar gate par rokh kar samjhain ?? abay kia baat kar raha hay yeh confused insan! :D :D
our survival is in defeating these taliban pigs! no other way around!
solution to pakistan is in bringing back the diamond v lost...Musharraf the great! [musharaf]

---On the contrary,you have been running around the forums without even the slightest of idea and background as to why the fight is on in the first place? :oops: the guy who you stand supporting is the only one who put Pakistan in the current mess :x had he the guts to say "No"..we'd still be living free of fear and wouldn't be getting all this paranoidal as your are now as to blaming and calling names to the one's whose homes are being destroyed and who are being bullied by the Army for nothing,i believe you should change your residence for a while just for a change and when your house will be flattened and family members killed for no reason at all,then only your confusion be justified and probably even valid to be heard in some courts :oops:

jaanmark

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Be to Allah swt to give us peace in Pakistan. every one want peace all over the effected areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan with the public..

Other wise as mentions in Quran that human has born with Bad as well as good within.

Only is the matter how we chose good or bad and then how to use it with the chosen senses ,

even bad acts can be used in good way too. like making the roti

We are here to chose not to decide . Let the Nature take place , our power holders have no mind as well as no heart to deal with fitnas of West to us , they are always helping them on the ground as usual .

Be a spoon to make a good food not to burn the food. stop the fire , open the lock, put same water and all those thing which give the best result