Imran Khan to rest and plot the next move by Tehreek

lahori

Senator (1k+ posts)
Imran Khan to rest and plot the next move by Tehreek
- A TELEGRAPH EXCLUSIVE

Calcutta: Imran Khan was getting ready for his first trip back to the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital, after being discharged from there last Saturday, when he took the call from The Telegraph.

Im much better now, by the grace of God, and if all goes well, then my stitches are going to be removed later today, Imran, 56, said on Wednesday afternoon.

Pakistans World Cup-winning captain and a former Member of the National Assembly underwent emergency surgery, on November 9, to clear an intestinal obstruction.

Speaking unusually softly, Imran added: Ive had quite a big incision... It all began with stomach pain on the night of November 8... Id just finished dinner and was talking to some guests when I began feeling uneasy... Nothing happened at a gym session, as was reported...

The pain persisted through the night and it was around 6am that I went to the hospital... Id been waiting for it to become fully functional, instead of going there at an unusual hour... Once the doctors examined me and completed a series of tests, I was told that an operation was necessary...

Did that make him nervous?

Nervous? I was shocked... I wasnt prepared for surgery... The last time Id been operated upon was when I was 13-14 and the appendix was removed, Imran replied.

Imran continued: Had I been anywhere else, I would definitely have taken a second, third and even a fourth opinion... However, I had complete faith in the doctors at the Shaukat Khanum (a facility built by him in his mothers memory) and, indeed, was absolutely confident Id get the best treatment and care...

Did he, perhaps, say a prayer on regaining consciousness?

I think I first thanked the doctors... The surgery lasted a couple of hours and the medical team did an excellent job... I got discharged on the sixth day and couldnt have hoped for better post-operative care... I guess I was at the right place at the right time, Imran maintained.

Imran said hed been touched by the calls and messages from across the world, including those from political opponents.

Everybody sent good wishes... Sunil (Gavaskar), too, texted me a message... It was very nice of him to have wished me a speedy recovery... We do go back a long way, Imran reminded.

Asked if he missed his sons (Sulaiman and Kasim, who are studying in the UK), Imran paused and replied: Actually, Im glad they didnt see me in the condition that I was in... They wouldnt have taken it well... Ive spoken to them... In fact, the elder one turned 13 yesterday and I blessed him...

What about ex-wife Jemima?

Of course, she has called me... Jemima and I have been in touch over the past 10 days, Imran pointed out.

Imran is extremely disappointed that his illness began on the day his party, Tehreek-e-Insaaf, launched its mass contact programme in Lahore.

Its disappointing... The programme has been put on hold... Its just bad luck that I fell ill on the very first day... The programme will be revived after five weeks, once my six-week period of rest gets over... Ill have to start from scratch, though, Imran said.

For many, hes the anti-Establishment mascot.

Once the Shaukat Khanum doctors give the green signal, Imran will head for his farmhouse near Islamabad. Ill rest there and review the things my party needs to do... Theres much to be done.

Till then, hell be at his aesthetically done up Zaman Park residence, which is a stones throw away from Alma Mater Aitchison College, in Lahore.

Clearly, Imran remains a man with a mission: Out with the corrupt and tainted being his theme for this season and beyond.

Imran, incidentally, declined to comment on the latest mess in Pakistan cricket.

Frankly, I havent followed anything in the past 10-12 days... So, youll have to excuse me, Imran signed off, as a family member/aide appeared to whisper that it was time to rest.

Footnote: The doctors, as it turned out, have deferred the removal of Imrans stitches. Wont be done for another 48 hours, at least, his closest friend informed late in the evening.

lahori

Senator (1k+ posts)
Monday, November 23, 2009
By Our Correspondent

LAHORE

PAKISTAN Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has demanded immediate resignation of the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) beneficiaries holding public-offices.

At a press conference, Imran Khan reiterated his demand for mid-term polls.

He was flanked by PTI Central Secretary Information Omer Sarfaraz Cheema, Lahore President Mian Mehmoodul Rasheed and other leaders.

He said an independent accountability body should be set up as there could be no transparency under the current rulers. He warned that if the government did not fulfil aspirations of the masses regarding the NRO, a protest drive could be launched against the setup.

He regretted that billions of rupees of the masses had been looted under the NRO and transacted abroad while the people were dying to get handful of flour and sugar.

Imran Khan said that they were not trying to destabilise the democracy but raising their voice against the corrupt elements. It was right of the opposition and the masses to question the governance of the rulers, he said.

Criticising PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif for saying that President Asif Zardari enjoyed immunity under Article 248 of the Constitution, Imran urged him to play his role in bringing NRO beneficiaries to the court of law.

When asked to comment on the demand of mid-term polls, he said mid-term polls were part of the democratic process and not a conspiracy against democracy, adding that the masses could not allow the corrupt rulers to loot the country for five more years.

G

If Imran were this donky He would win some seats

1e5432521caffa74af29ee05b0ea6a73.JPG

AbbaG

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Itna Wazih comparison aj tak kissi nay nahi kiya Ho Ga.

Imran Khan Vs Altaf Kalia side by side.

Who will you vot for. Your choice.

AbbaG

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Lenovo Bacchary dil chota kar kay Khud Kushi na kar laina, yeh hamara great Kalia apni shakal change karta rehta hai, Pakitan ki Hakoomat kay hisab say.
Dua mango keh wahan Imran Aa Jay and hamaray leader ki asal shakal wapis aa jay, Phansi say pehlay.