Is Democracy Solution for Pakistan? How many think Yes & Y

I am Indian Muslim staying in USA and have been following Pak politics since Chief Justice Movement in Pak. My favorite Politician is Imran Khan. Since people who write in forum are educated to some extent i wanted to know how many think Democracy will solve Pak Problems with such a mess in the country. I think Pak needs a good honest and brave leader and i dont think with current setup of politics any such person can come by Elections. There is so much corruption in country and how can one think honest can win against these thugs. I think its gonna be always PPP or PML(N) with same corrupt politics.

I think democracy is better for socities where majority of people have some basic ethics. Please dont bash me for writing this but this is fact. Think of India though it has Majority of Non Muslims, BJP hatred politics dint survive for more than 4-5 Yrs coz majority of non muslims want good rulers and think and vote and one other advantage was democracy was not derailed in india like it did in Pak. As i said Pak needs a Honest and Brave leader who can fix things like law & order, Education, Judiciary and Corrupt free country and i dont think it can happen by elections. It has to be from back door and once the country is taken out of mess and rule of law prevails and people becomes more educated and know whom to vote then Pak can have democracy. Now i think its personalities based Politics, people r not mature to think of policies only vote seeing Bhutto/Nawaz/ Altaf/Imran etc. I heard of such politics in india by showing photo of Indra Gandhi ppl use to ask for votes in 70s, but now india has matured. Pak will also mature but it will take another 30-40 years if it has to mature fast it has to be this way. Please let me know if you think i am incorrect or you support my argument.

-Saif

aksh143

MPA (400+ posts)
Here we go again.. Another Indian lecturing us on how good their country is and how we can fix our country.

Bro, I appreciate your concern for us, but the last thing we need is india or indians telling us what or what not to do!

WE know we have big problems with these lunatics running around killing their own people while our leaders continue to eat our country from inside out...

BUT what India and Indians need to realize that we are still a very very young country, while you Inherited a stable government and a system with all the resrouces in the world, we had to start from scratch with a huge number of our educated men and women being slaughtered by your countrymen.

WE Pakistanis are still evolving, we still have to come together as a nation which will happen as soon as we stop our so called leaders divide us on every possible line. this journey will end with a revolution and soon enough, Inshallah we will establish a Pakistan that our Quaid-e-Azam envisioned.

Even with all the problems in the world, we are still standing and still very proudly call ourselves Paksitanis. This whole terror thing is blessing in disguise, this way we get to undo all the damage Zia did with this tyrant policies. I can go on and on about what India has done to us and the policy of stupidity it continues to follow. If your up for it we can also have an argument over that.

So Thanks, but no Thanks.
Danish

Dear Danish,

Please dont think that I am trying to lecture you guys.. You yourself have accepted that your country has problems with leadership and lunatics.. so i am trying to see what you guys have to say about my opinion..I dont see anything wrong in Pakis or person from some other country saying whats wrong in india and how can it be corrected from his experiences...I can listen to it and i may or may not agree but respect his opinion.

I am not saying that you shouldnt be proud...you shld be and have every reason to be proud Paki. No Questions on that..I hope you establish Good Pakistan..

I know you can talk lot of things about india and i can do the same but my topic and intention was completely different then the way you have taken it...

badboy

Voter (50+ posts)
hey indian muslim ,
how r u.so now u r showing ur love to pakis brother.man..u r wasting ur time .u choose wrong user name.muslim was o.k but u put indian first that is enough to fired up our pakis friend.they will never accept a cup of nectar from indians anyone else can poisend them in the name of wellwisher like america arabs,china etc.only one trick works in pakistan..hate against india.every politician and dictater play this trump card and take control over pakistan.what a pity poor pakistanies r on the loosing side and some so called think tank gang making them fool since creation of pakistan.
so man leave them alone and pray for their better future.they need our dua

sakayani

Senator (1k+ posts)
shaheedchoudry said:
YOU JUST COUNT HEADS IN DEMOCRACY. GANGU TELI'S VOTE CANCELS DR. ABDUL QADEER'S VOTE.
Exactly, irony is that we have been given a complete system of life through "Holy Quran" but we have not implemented it. Islam is the only answer to every problem we face today.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
indian_muslim said:
I am Indian Muslim staying in USA and have been following Pak politics since Chief Justice Movement in Pak. My favorite Politician is Imran Khan. Since people who write in forum are educated to some extent i wanted to know how many think Democracy will solve Pak Problems with such a mess in the country. I think Pak needs a good honest and brave leader and i dont think with current setup of politics any such person can come by Elections. There is so much corruption in country and how can one think honest can win against these thugs. I think its gonna be always PPP or PML(N) with same corrupt politics.

I think democracy is better for socities where majority of people have some basic ethics. Please dont bash me for writing this but this is fact. Think of India though it has Majority of Non Muslims, BJP hatred politics dint survive for more than 4-5 Yrs coz majority of non muslims want good rulers and think and vote and one other advantage was democracy was not derailed in india like it did in Pak. As i said Pak needs a Honest and Brave leader who can fix things like law & order, Education, Judiciary and Corrupt free country and i dont think it can happen by elections. It has to be from back door and once the country is taken out of mess and rule of law prevails and people becomes more educated and know whom to vote then Pak can have democracy. Now i think its personalities based Politics, people r not mature to think of policies only vote seeing Bhutto/Nawaz/ Altaf/Imran etc. I heard of such politics in india by showing photo of Indra Gandhi ppl use to ask for votes in 70s, but now india has matured. Pak will also mature but it will take another 30-40 years if it has to mature fast it has to be this way. Please let me know if you think i am incorrect or you support my argument.

-Saif

1. first I truly dont think that you are a Muslim, just by the name. Its just my feeling, I could well be wrong

2. Democracy is a system of govt where people are left alone to do whatever they want. its called FREEDOM. This freedom brings immense number of social problems.

3. For a Muslim country democracy is actually a DEMO CRAZY = demagh ki kharabi. This party system actaully allows certain garoh to rule the country.
this system curtails productive and smart ideas. For example, if the PM presents a bill, his party members have to aprove it even tho in his heart he thinks that PM has presented a lousy bill

4. Personally i am for khilafat system

5. every time a muslim country truies to bring democracy, Allah must be thinking: Hey man whats wrongwith you? I gave you the book, what about following my beloved khalifa Umar(ra) 's system??

thats just me

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
That honest and brave leader you are talking about has been coming from the back door every now and then from sikandar mirza to musharraf in the name of law and order and then leaving Pakistan in the worst of situations. People might say, Musharraf's first team before 2002 elections was very credible but so was the one in 1996 made by Farooq Laghari. It is always an inauguration offer from the new shopkeeper and he always presents quality stuff at a cheaper rate in the beginning.
I know a lot of Pakistanis who are thinking about its future as to how we can come out of this situation. Some are pessimist and they think we will never get out of this mess, some say democracy is the only solution and some say it has to be a revolution.
I believe that there will be no revolution until majority of the population could survive in the prevailing circumstances. And the irony is that majority of the population is suffering and still they can't protest because they don't believe any new leader could have a notable impact on the system. For me or the people who could find plenty of time on the net and who seldom go for voting is not a question of survival, but we are the people who could discuss this thing more than any other class of people. And we have more knowledge and "experience" of the two extremities of the society.
This nation won't trust the party of Imran Khan who has hismelf done so many things for the country which no one has ever done in the history of Pakistan, like Shaukat Khanum and Namal, and he did this merely with the trust of the people. But we need more of such people whether from middle class or upper class who could lead by such examples not by mere promises.
We need to ask ourselves do we want to find another Imran Khan to support him and his agenda or just keep on supporting any other politician who comes to parliament to loot the nation and his first task is to get reimbursed all the investment he had to do during the election campaign to buy his voters. We need to find people among us not among the relatives of current politicians and we should support them morally and financially. And a score of volunteers would be needed.
This ought to be a revolution to find another Imran Khan :D .

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
I can answer your question very simply by saying, That is if democracy means equality of all human beings, protections of minorities , protection of women, rule of law, cheap justice, strict punishment for cruelty and wrong deeds as per quran and sunnah(not taliban style), protection of the widows, orphans and homeless and the old,payment of zakat to the poor...then yes we want democracy, islam is a guide to morality..its does not tell you what ur foreign policy or trade policy should be specificaly or how many tons of rice you should import.

If this is democracy then we accept it.

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
shaheedchoudry said:
YOU JUST COUNT HEADS IN DEMOCRACY. GANGU TELI'S VOTE CANCELS DR. ABDUL QADEER'S VOTE.

Exactly, like Allama Iqbal said that in democracy, we just count people, we dont weigh them.
So in countries like Pakistan, most corrupt of the corrupt lot becomes the PM, President and premier of political parties. [nawaz] [shahbaz sharif] [fazl] [zardari]

love Pak

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
sakayani said:
shaheedchoudry said:
Exactly, irony is that we have been given a complete system of life through "Holy Quran" but we have not implemented it. Islam is the only answer to every problem we face today.

I Totally agree with you. Following the teachings of Islam is the only solution.

badboy said:
hey indian muslim ,
how r u.so now u r showing ur love to pakis brother.man..u r wasting ur time .u choose wrong user name.muslim was o.k but u put indian first that is enough to fired up our pakis friend.they will never accept a cup of nectar from indians anyone else can poisend them in the name of wellwisher like america arabs,china etc.only one trick works in pakistan..hate against india.every politician and dictater play this trump card and take control over pakistan.what a pity poor pakistanies r on the loosing side and some so called think tank gang making them fool since creation of pakistan.
so man leave them alone and pray for their better future.they need our dua

I dont think I am wasting my time...I am not here to change anything..I am here to write views and ppl can agree or disagree. I agree that every politician has used hatred towards india. Its upto ppl of pak how they want to live and can change their future we are just spectators and wish them Best.

gazoomartian said:
indian_muslim said:

-Saif

1. first I truly dont think that you are a Muslim, just by the name. Its just my feeling, I could well be wrong

2. Democracy is a system of govt where people are left alone to do whatever they want. its called FREEDOM. This freedom brings immense number of social problems.

3. For a Muslim country democracy is actually a DEMO CRAZY = demagh ki kharabi. This party system actaully allows certain garoh to rule the country.
this system curtails productive and smart ideas. For example, if the PM presents a bill, his party members have to aprove it even tho in his heart he thinks that PM has presented a lousy bill

5. every time a muslim country truies to bring democracy, Allah must be thinking: Hey man whats wrongwith you? I gave you the book, what about following my beloved khalifa Umar(ra) 's system??

thats just me

1. I dont know why you think that I am not a muslim. I will leave that to you.
2. I agree that Democracy doesnt solve lot of issues and Khalifa Umar(ra)'s system or model is what we should try and implement as it is far superior and tried system and proved to be better for all human being. No Doubt abt that.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
indian_muslim said:
I dont think I am wasting my time...I am not here to change anything..I am here to write views and ppl can agree or disagree. I agree that every politician has used hatred towards india. Its upto ppl of pak how they want to live and can change their future we are just spectators and wish them Best.

This post appears to be better than posts from other Indians. good work

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Is Democracy Solution for Pakistan? How many think Yes &

indian_muslim said:
gazoomartian said:
[quote="indian_muslim":30df13iu]I am Indian Muslim staying in USA and have been following Pak politics since Chief Justice Movement in Pak. My favorite Politician is Imran Khan. Since people who write in forum are educated to some extent i wanted to know how many think Democracy will solve Pak Problems with such a mess in the country. I think Pak needs a good honest and brave leader and i dont think with current setup of politics any such person can come by Elections. There is so much corruption in country and how can one think honest can win against these thugs. I think its gonna be always PPP or PML(N) with same corrupt politics.

-Saif

thats just me

1. I dont know why you think that I am not a muslim. I will leave that to you.
2. I agree that Democracy doesnt solve lot of issues and Khalifa Umar(ra)'s system or model is what we should try and implement as it is far superior and tried system and proved to be better for all human being. No Doubt abt that.[/quote:30df13iu]

In the case that this is you thinking then your question should be directed to all the muslim countries why only for Pakistan?

Zeeshan Khan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Re: Is Democracy Solution for Pakistan? How many think Yes &

indian_muslim said:

-Saif

@Indian_Muslim: I think you just asked a natural question which anyone can ask. I did go through the responses above and oppressing someone based on their nationality is not an ideal thing to do. I could have said more its not important. The answer to your question is that yes democracy is the answer to Pakistans survival. But we have to evolve as a democracy. We cannot expect it to give results in 2-3 years. T may need 10-15 years to come to a level where it starts delivering.