Kaptaan - film about Imran Khan - (Update: Releasing end of Feb 2012)

ziakhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Kaptaan - film about Imran Khan - Coming Soon!

251680_10150626123415655_556350654_19305269_543607  0_n.jpg

svIMRAN_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

LAHORE: Former Pakistan captain Imran Khan's transition from a cricketer to an active politician has become the subject of a movie which is set to be released in Pakistan this year.

According to a report in the "Express Tribune", the film called "Kaptaan" explores the life of Imran following the end of his cricket career.

Imran, after leading Pakistan to many triumphs on the cricket field including the 1992 World Cup, became a frontline politician and social activist.

The movie, which is still in post-production phase, explores the experiences of his life.
da667267b9b5970d446979744a2c8c6e.jpg

Faisal Aman Khan, an independent filmmaker who is based in the UK, is directing the film.

Faisal said he hit upon the idea of making this movie two years ago after he graduated from film school. According to his colleagues, Faisal met Imran several times during the research phase of the project to get his endorsement.

" Imran Khan was reluctant at first and claimed that it was more important to focus on other aspects of the country, Faisal's persistence finally paid in ultimately convincing him," said Naveed Anwar, the film's assistant director and screenwriter.

"We wanted to make a film that would project the positive side of Pakistan. It was hard as there are very few personalities in Pakistan that have a global appeal," Anwar added.

Anwar, who has directed several short films, said the film juxtaposes Khan's struggle for Pakistan's future with that of Mohammad Ali Jinnahs.

The film also recreates scenes of major incidents such as his arrest at Punjab University in Lahore, his hunger strike while in jail and his relationship with ex-wife Jemima Khan.

A local model Abdul Mannan, who has an uncanny resemblance to the cricketer, will play Imran in the film and is paired with Saeeda Imtiaz, a Pakistani-American model based in New York.

Insiders claim that the film will be ready for distribution this fall but are tight-lipped about the release date.

248349_230187393658409_228687310475084_996774_2168  686_n.jpg

264696_230476163629532_228687310475084_998448_3046  725_n.jpg

252833_230476240296191_228687310475084_998451_2345  989_n.jpg

265181_230476193629529_228687310475084_998449_5303  981_n.jpg

270237_240837255926756_228687310475084_1024956_545  6316_n.jpg

My Lost Motherland (Teaser) - Kaptaan: The Movie

[video]http://soundcloud.com/farhan-zameer/my-lost-motherland[/video]​

source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...e-to-hit-cinemas-soon/articleshow/9050408.cms

Last edited by a moderator:

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

I was thinking about one such film yesterday and by the grace of Allah here it is...If its true.Thanks

I was thinking about one such film yesterday and by the grace of Allah here it is...If its true.Thanks

اگر فلم میں ڈان الطاف کا سین نہ ھوا تو فلم فلاپ ھو جائے گی۔ کرکٹ کے بعد سیاست میں عمران کا زیادہ مقابلہ ایم کیو ایم سے پڑا ھے۔ دیکھا جائے تو سیاست کا یہ میچ میچ فکسنگ پر ختم ھو کر ڈرا ھو گیا ھے۔ دیکھیں فلم میں حق سچ کتنا دکھایا جاتا ھے۔ یا پھر یہ فلم نیچرل الیائنس سے شروع ھو گی اور نواز شریف کے خلاف بڑھکوں پرختم۔

GraanG2

اگر فلم میں ڈان الطاف کا سین نہ ھوا تو فلم فلاپ ھو جائے گی۔ کرکٹ کے بعد سیاست میں عمران کا زیادہ مقابلہ ایم کیو ایم سے پڑا ھے۔ دیکھا جائے تو سیاست کا یہ میچ میچ فکسنگ پر ختم ھو کر ڈرا ھو گیا ھے۔ دیکھیں فلم میں حق سچ کتنا دکھایا جاتا ھے۔ یا پھر یہ فلم نیچرل الیائنس سے شروع ھو گی اور نواز شریف کے خلاف بڑھکوں پرختم۔

Altaf Hussain may be the villain in the film but NS is the real villain....I don't know why it gives u so much pleasure to drag MQM in every thread...There is no such thing as MQM in this thread...Why don't u and ur party just talk about relevant issues? 99% of ur posts are nothing but just waste of time and energy...Have u ever taught of doing something positive and constructive in ur life ?

Altaf Hussain may be the villain in the film but NS is the real villain....I don't know why it gives u so much pleasure to drag MQM in every thread...There is no such thing as MQM in this thread...Why don't u and ur party just talk about relevant issues? 99% of ur posts are nothing but just waste of time and energy...Have u ever taught of doing something positive and constructive in ur life ?

aik saal pehlay tak imran ki sari siyast 99% mqm kay khilaf . aik dum 99% nawaz kay khilaf. kia ye nazar nahi aataa masoom logo

GraanG2

aik saal pehlay tak imran ki sari siyast 99% mqm kay khilaf . aik dum 99% nawaz kay khilaf. kia ye nazar nahi aataa masoom logo

Agar aap ka leader masoom hota toh Imran Khan kabhi us ke baare mein kuch nahi kehta.Anyway like I said Do something positive and constructive for ur party and country.

Agar aap ka leader masoom hota toh Imran Khan kabhi us ke baare mein kuch nahi kehta.Anyway like I said Do something positive and constructive for ur party and country.

acha to phir altaf don masoom kesay ho giyaa ?? jo kal tak mafia tha. qatil tha. bhata khor tha.. aaj imran us kay saath natural alliance kai batain kerta hai. ?? queation ka reply kerain masoom logo

johny

MPA (400+ posts)

r u doing anything positive and constructive for your contry

GraanG2

acha to phir altaf don masoom kesay ho giyaa ?? jo kal tak mafia tha. qatil tha. bhata khor tha.. aaj imran us kay saath natural alliance kai batain kerta hai. ?? queation ka reply kerain masoom logo

Alliance kab hua ? Aur woh kabhi masoon nahi hua...Lekin us se bhi bade ghaddar mulk mein maujood hain ,jo 60 % Pakistan par hukoomat bhi karte hain aur ghaddari bhi karte hain...Bajaye MQM aur PTI ke so called alliance ke bare mein time waste karke kuch apne party ke bare mein socho..aur logo ko apne party ki acchayian bayan kar ke attract karo.

johny

MPA (400+ posts)

goood job GraanG2........I am wasting my time on siasat.pk. got stuck on this.... cant do my own work...... It hurts more when we are sitting here suport for some issue or party and the other day the leaders change there stance......
Look at this website it is full of PTI and MQM memebers. they used to fight for so long........ now there is a ceasefire....and those who were active in that fight keep quite now.....
Now PMLN members are increasing on the site... now PMLN and PTI which were used to be friends will fight for some time........and then leaders will change the stance...and soon we will be replaced by othere peoples....
We are wasting our time. doing nothing for the country... people on this website are supporting specific parties and they dont listen to others logic. you can guess by members name that what will he say.
The problem is everyone of us is not doing our job. if everyone of us get honest with there job that will help our country. it starts from us and goes to the top. everyone is doing what we are doing. army interefere goverment and goverment interfere coourts. no one doing there own job so no security no government and even we focus on politics at our work.......
we will change if we start it from ourselves but we will never change because we are adicted to this.......
At least I am supporting someone who is sincere with Pakistan ,Honest and has no record of corruption...And I try to convince others to support him as well.So that the country can prosper.By the way what are u doing for the country ?

Last edited:

baaghi01

Senator (1k+ posts)

???

We r supposed to talk about the movie n whats goin on here???

Who made this movie? is it a Pakistani n urdu movie? when is it coming out?

KhanHaripur

Re: Guess who this Movie is About.. Looking forward for it!!!

My Answer : A Great Leader but i dont think this movie is covering Kaptaan Saab's political career.

Last edited: