Kasoti. Guess The Personality..30th august

hikmat

Banned
Actually this worked exactly like space whereby every country was offered to put up a station there. But there was a deadline I beleive. I dont know how functional or effective is the Pakistani station up there (if its still there). It requires regular maintenance etc as electronics goes dumb pretty quickly at those temperatures

ustadjejanab

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have no clue, thats what I get from internet

the main objectives of pakistan Antartic programme

1. To undertake multidisciplinary research and survey in Antarctic region particularly in the field of geology and geophysics. Environmental research and oceanography.
2. To participate in the international scientific programmes in the Antarctic region.
3. To provide relevant technical information to the Government of Pakistan on Antarctic affairs at National and International level.

Raja Farhan Arif

MPA (400+ posts)
Is it PAP ??///////////////////////////////

I have no clue, thats what I get from internet

the main objectives of pakistan Antartic programme

1. To undertake multidisciplinary research and survey in Antarctic region particularly in the field of geology and geophysics. Environmental research and oceanography.
2. To participate in the international scientific programmes in the Antarctic region.
3. To provide relevant technical information to the Government of Pakistan on Antarctic affairs at National and International level.

Correct: PAKISTAN ANTARTIC PROGRAM
Both of you are right but Hakeem get the proper answer though he used tukkaaaaaa (bigsmile)
(bigsmile)

ras_malai.jpg

hikmat

Banned
yaar naam kch bhi rkh lo. jstrah kraey ka satellite chor kr space mein madar ka qabza brqrar rkha tha ussi trah yea bhi hey.
gnji dhoe gi kia aur sukhaey gi kia

Raja Farhan Arif

MPA (400+ posts)
[h=1]Pakistan Antarctic Programme[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pakistan Antarctic Programme (PAP) is a scientific administrative division of the Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) of Pakistan Government which represent its presence in thecontinent of Antarctica. The program coordinates the research and the operational scientific research in the region. The program is funded by Pakistan Science Foundation and the Ministry of Science and Technology, supports the research that can be done exclusively in the Antarctic region.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Currently, the PAP maintains and control 2 polar stations in the region. The first station being the Jinnah Antarctic Station (JNS) and the other station is known as Polar Research Cell (PRC) which was established within the National Institute of Oceanography in Karachi to co-ordinate all Antarctic related activities.[SUP][2][/SUP]
The Antarctic Programme was launched by the National Institute of Oceanography, with the full support of Pakistan Navy's Naval Weapons Engineering Division (NWED). In 1991, Prime ministerNawaz Sharif established the programme under control of Navy. On June 15, 1992, Pakistan became an Associate Member of Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research but did not accede to the Antarctic Treaty due to economic reasons.[SUP][3][/SUP]
In January 1991, Pakistan dispatched its first expedition to Greater Antarctica under the auspices of National Institute of Oceanography (NIO).[SUP][4][/SUP] As the programme was led the Navy, the PN dispatched a small battalion of Pakistan Marines along with the team of scientists boarded on PNS Tariq, the destroyer, and the PNS Behr Paima, the research vessel. The facilities were quickly expanded in the region, and Jinnah Antarctic Station (JNS) was commissioned. The station houses an unmanned automatic Weather Station in which the weather data are transmitted to Pakistan via Argos Satellite System.[SUP][5][/SUP] In 2001, the Badr-B was connected to the Weather Station after it was launched by SUPARCO. In 2006, Pakistan established another station, known as Polar Research Cell (PRC) which was established within the National Institute of Oceanography.
A number of national organisations are also involved in Antarctic activities and are active participants in the Pakistan Antarctic Programme.[SUP][6][/SUP]

antartica11.jpg

antartica13.jpg

hikmat

Banned
But for all practical purposes its the Americans who are in control and doing most of the stuff. Even the rich countries like Britian are just about holding on to the tether.