KSE,LSE & ISE amalgamated to form Pakistan Stock Exchange

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Do not know much about this business but sounds interesting and attractive for local and international investors. Good job Mr Ishaq Dar

zerozero

MPA (400+ posts)
Dar saab ka dil to ker raha hoga
PUJAB STOCEXCHANGE rakh dai. Per kia kerain makbori
96% from kse.. Why merge and form one... Why not leave it like
Toronto or New York stock exchange?

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Merging KSE, LSE and ISE into Pakistan Stock Exchange... An attempt to move away main stock exchange from Karachi

ISLAMABAD: The demutualization committees of Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE), Lahore Stock Exchange (LSE) and Islamabad Stock Exchange (ISE) have agreed in principle to integrate the three stock exchanges to form one national stock exchange.

"In this regard, a formal MoU would be signed on August 27, in the presence of the Federal Finance Minister, Senator Muhammad Ishaq Dar," a statement of the Commission issued here said.

A joint meeting of the demutualization committees of the three stock exchanges was held Thursday at the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) in which it was agreed that a national stock exchange to be called Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSE) would be formed.

According to the statement, the meeting discussed the way forward for Pakistan's capital market, being mindful of the global trend towards consolidation and integration of stock exchanges.

"There was a general agreement that in order to achieve the government's vision of a fair, efficient and transparent market with one national stock exchange conforming to international standards, integration of the local bourses was to be pursued," the presser added.

Integration of the stock exchanges is expected to help reduce fragmentation of market and create a strong case for attracting strategic partnerships necessary for providing technological expertise and assistance.

"It was agreed that for sustainable development of "our capital market and in the national interest, the three stock exchanges will enter into an MOU that will subsequently be approved by their respective boards of directors and general body", the Commission said. (APP)

Samaa

Last edited by a moderator:

bisaat

Banned
Re: Merging KSE, LSE and ISE into Pakistan Stock Exchange... An attempt to move away main stock exchange from Karachi

the plan is to make Karachi, a Punjab based colony where revenue will directly serve Punjabis

Pak1stani

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: Merging KSE, LSE and ISE into Pakistan Stock Exchange... An attempt to move away main stock exchange from Karachi

Its good move. Wapda house should also be moved from Lahore to Islamabad.

ameer77

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Business and stock exchange expert should comment ! its not a layman job to comment ! it seems it followed current trends in westren world they are emerging economies not on national but regional and international level too

Will_Bite

the plan is to make Karachi, a Punjab based colony where revenue will directly serve Punjabis

That doesnt make sense to anyone other than a biased party...

However, I fail to understand why they are going ahead with this. It made sense to join Islamabad and Lahore, but to combine them with Karachi will remove all possibility of a fair price discovery,and open the doors to further price manipulation in the exchange, if there wasnt enough of it already. Large brokers, who have no interest in arbitraging against the smaller markets are perhaps pushing for this, as this will allow them to dictate prices of major commodity based stocks conveniently. Quite sad.

Abdul jabbar

Minister (2k+ posts)

d85e7d7ae7b094570b222bd3b4dfd6ae.jpg

yasiny

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

welll m a hardcore pti supporter n m from khi ..but sorry mate i have to agree with this post.. mqm n peoples party has always looted sindh but mind u punjabis hasnt done any favour to karachites either n just becuz of that looters like ppp n mqm have been able to gain mass support in sindh even though their supporters know their reality...
karachi stock exchange has its own worth.. membership of kse is worth atleast 10 times more then that of lahore .. i have done portfolio management n associated with karachi stock exchange for last 10 years .. but this is totall punjab based decision.. pcb headquarter use to b khi n it wz taken away can anyone temme yy?? ..y wz it shifted to lahore.. khi wz the biggest city and with the most diverse population which represents all languages of pakistan in millions? lahore only represent punjabis n lahore is small city comparing khi .. .. deliberately khi wz been handed over to looters like mqm so that it can never proceed ..
m sorry despite a hardcore pti supporter i gota admit punjab is just looting khi just like mqm n ppp

Pak1stani

Is it moving to Lahore or Islamabad?

welll m a hardcore pti supporter n m from khi ..but sorry mate i have to agree with this post.. mqm n peoples party has always looted sindh but mind u punjabis hasnt done any favour to karachites either n just becuz of that looters like ppp n mqm have been able to gain mass support in sindh even though their supporters know their reality...
karachi stock exchange has its own worth.. membership of kse is worth atleast 10 times more then that of lahore .. i have done portfolio management n associated with karachi stock exchange for last 10 years .. but this is totall punjab based decision.. pcb headquarter use to b khi n it wz taken away can anyone temme yy?? ..y wz it shifted to lahore.. khi wz the biggest city and with the most diverse population which represents all languages of pakistan in millions? lahore only represent punjabis n lahore is small city comparing khi .. .. deliberately khi wz been handed over to looters like mqm so that it can never proceed ..
m sorry despite a hardcore pti supporter i gota admit punjab is just looting khi just like mqm n ppp

sadani

Minister (2k+ posts)

I talked to one of my friend in KHI who is an expert in SE and according to him LSE and ISE will be merged to KSE.

Politcs

Minister (2k+ posts)

Islamabad & Lahore stock exchanges are now merging into KSE. As per MQM logic all Punjab should now protest against Karachi people and abuse them.

Plain stupid, idiotic & biased logic.

Also, why Altaf Hussain do not live in Karachi? I thought he is fighting for Mohajir rights and only those Mohajir who lives in Karachi. NS. SS and people like Khawaji Asif also migrated from India but never see a word from Altaf Bahi in their favor. If Altaf is fighting for Mohajir rights then he should fight for all Mohajirs not just militant wing who used to shoot down 15 people every day.

such bolo

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

بهائ جان ضم هونے سے کیا هوتا هے؟
کراچی بزنس کیپیٹل هے اور رهے گا
کراچی کا سمندر تو اٹها کے نهیں لے جاسکتا کوئ
یهاں کی صنعتیں بنک لوگ کاتباری مراکز تو کوئ اٹها کے نهیں لے جا سکتا

یہ ایک تکنیکی فیصله هے
اور دنیا بهر کے اسٹینڈرڈز کو سامنے رکھ کر کیا گیا هے
اگر اس پر اعتراض هوتا تو کراچی اسٹاک کے ممبران هی اس پر بولتے

برائے مهربانی متحده کی نسلی منافرت سے متاثر نا هوں
انکو تو آلو بهنڈی ٹماٹر بهی پنجابی اور سندهی لگتے هیں
کراچی میں کهیت جو نهیں

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)

To all the above commentators... I havent heard of any country merging their stock exchanges.

Secondly maybe for now they merge all three into PSE and put it in Karachi, but at some point they will for sure move it to Islamabad. I dont see how its feasible to start with to merge the three, there will always be one city's bussinessmen incharge and the other two cities will for sure be pissed during that period. The whole world is devolving the companies and units for better management but Pakistan seems to be going in opposite direction.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)

secondly to all the commentators commenting about MQM and Muhajir stuff, I think its quite obvious here, who is showing "Ta-assub" here, this has got nothing to do with MQM politics, its about PMLn moving everything to Punjab.