N.W.F.P YA PAKHTOON KHOWA KONSA NAAM ???

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
I would also like to say here that the way PML and nawaz sharif has handled this situation has wreaks of treachery and he will back track on all issues because his politics and lies are being exposed by the media as we speak. And all anchors and news channels are working on smashing the crap out of pml and right so.

PS if theres anyone from pukhtun kha , i would like to ask if you like the name khyber, khyber pukhtun khwa or just pukhtun khwa.

Lucky4u

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Bro, I am from N.W.F-P and I am one of the biggest critics of ANP. There is no question that they use this issue for their politics. Let me also mention that I WAS one of the biggest critics of the name PUKHTOONKHWA too and I was in favor of either Khyber or Abaseen. BUT
If our assembly has passed a unanimous resolution about the name then why is everyone criticizing it??? This criticism especially form PML-N is unbearable, they have only 9 seats in N.W.F-P assembly, still they didn't appose the resolution and now they are using it for their own politics just as ANP did it.

My Friend! Khyber couldn't be the name of this province because Khyber is the name of one of the units of FATA and they are now demanding for a province of their own (A genuine demand), so tomorrow if they get it, What would be their name???
Abaseen is the pashto name of River Sindh and Sindh is already the name of one province.......

AND people are criticizing Punjab because they have majority in the National assembly and no one can pass any resolution until and unless the MNAs from Punjab admit it.

We should learn from our past, Don't spread hatred, just we did in Bangladesh....

and YES, I want our name to be Pukhtoonkhwa....

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Lucky4u said:
Bro, I am from N.W.F-P and I am one of the biggest critics of ANP. There is no question that they use this issue for their politics. Let me also mention that I WAS one of the biggest critics of the name PUKHTOONKHWA too and I was in favor of either Khyber or Abaseen. BUT
If our assembly has passed a unanimous resolution about the name then why is everyone criticizing it??? This criticism especially form PML-N is unbearable, they have only 9 seats in N.W.F-P assembly, still they didn't appose the resolution and now they are using it for their own politics just as ANP did it.

My Friend! Khyber couldn't be the name of this province because Khyber is the name of one of the units of FATA and they are now demanding for a province of their own (A genuine demand), so tomorrow if they get it, What would be their name???
Abaseen is the pashto name of River Sindh and Sindh is already the name of one province.......

AND people are criticizing Punjab because they have majority in the National assembly and no one can pass any resolution until and unless the MNAs from Punjab admit it.

We should learn from our past, Don't spread hatred, just we did in Bangladesh....

Relax man , no one is spreading hate, i was just trying to correct people about some misconceptions ...you are right nothing can pass the national aseembly with out pml n's vote and this time they are in wide view of the public ...they have been criticized all across the media since yesterday and they will back track like the PPP.

PS you make some very good points about the other names, i was just asking and not trying to suggest anything as these were the other names that came up. People are rightly criticizing PML N and punjab on this issue and we are with you on this. You will inshallah have your name very soon.

yar main khud N.W.F.P main belong krta ho mera nazar yai hain agar name change ho gaya to kia aaman ayega???kia hoga plz yai batao
ab b world samaj ta hain ky N.W.F.P main pashtoon rehte hain pashto bolny waly log hain
main mukhalift nahe krta main kehta ho or issue phr concentrate rako phr nam ke bat karo app log q nahe samaj te hain

Lucky4u

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
You are asking the question ''Could changing the name bring peace to N.W.F-P???''....... In my view this is the biggest excuse we have been using for all issues.....
You tell me, can some one guarantee peace if we stop talking about changing the name??? NO, in both cases NO...... Simple calculation dude!!,,,,

So if you can't solve the big challenges at a time, at least solve the other problems..
As we all agree, ANP is using it for their politics, lets just kill their politics...

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Lucky4u said:

No it is not the matter of hate, u definitely have the right to change names every year.

We love Pakhtoon Kawah,

But some time I wonder that Ghafar Khan , was called as 'Sarhadi Gandhi" and he liked that,

But what about the Province name , 'Sarhadi Sooba'

Whats bad in it?

Acually ANP is trying to give people of Pakhtoon Khaw a Lollypop
by changing name of province and trying hard for it.

They should give jobs to them, otherwise , Talaban Khowa or Pakhtoon Khowa are the same meaning for the them.

foqia khan

MPA (400+ posts)
nedai-swat said:
I still remember when MMA were in power in the NWFP and tried to change the name the ANP heroes were the first to oppose. The question is WHY they opposed that time when the environment was ok I mean there was no war in the NWFP.

Can u plz give any valid reference or any link or any portion of a newspaper that can prove your point.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
foqia khan said:
[quote="nedai-swat":39ud0wv7]

I still remember when MMA were in power in the NWFP and tried to change the name the ANP heroes were the first to oppose. The question is WHY they opposed that time when the environment was ok I mean there was no war in the NWFP.

Can u plz give any valid reference or any link or any portion of a newspaper that can prove your point.[/quote:39ud0wv7]

The did try to change it before but it wasnt approved by the national assembly or something like that, i heard it on the news today. Dont know who it was exactly. IT shouldve been done a long time ago.

nedai-swat

Citizen
foqia khan said:
nedai-swat":16jypo4z] I still remember when MMA were in power in the NWFP and tried to change the name the ANP heroes were the first to oppose. The question is WHY they opposed that time when the environment was ok I mean there was no war in the NWFP.[/quote] Can u plz give any valid reference or any link or any portion of a newspaper that can prove your point.[/quote:16jypo4z] Dear Foqia Khan I am so sorry to get back to you late but believe me I am not like brother Furry87 who I am sure is a full time Siasat.pk.com participant. I have other commitments too which I am sure you will appreciate. Now come to the point. The reference you majesty asked for is follow this link please. [url="http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/2007/08/provincial-govt-suggests-afghania-as.html said:
http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/200 ... ia-as.html[/url]

http://www.dawn.com/2007/08/01/top11.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If need an in-depth evidences than, please do not hesitate to ask.
I hope the above are sufficient for your query.

Nedai-swat

I hope the an

foqia khan

MPA (400+ posts)
nedai-swat said:
foqia khan":15itfx38][quote="nedai-swat":15itfx38] I still remember when MMA were in power in the NWFP and tried to change the name the ANP heroes were the first to oppose. The question is WHY they opposed that time when the environment was ok I mean there was no war in the NWFP.[/quote] Can u plz give any valid reference or any link or any portion of a newspaper that can prove your point.[/quote:15itfx38] Dear Foqia Khan I am so sorry to get back to you late but believe me I am not like brother Furry87 who I am sure is a full time Siasat.pk.com participant. I have other commitments too which I am sure you will appreciate. Now come to the point. The reference you majesty asked for is follow this link please. [url="http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/2007/08/provincial-govt-suggests-afghania-as.html said:
http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/200 ... ia-as.html[/url]
http://www.dawn.com/2007/08/01/top11.htm

Nedai-swat
I hope the an[/quote:15itfx38]
Plz read n understand the following from your own given link and don't mislead the people .
Code:
http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/2007/08/provincial-govt-suggests-afghania-as.html
However, ANP NWFP President Afrasyab Khattak told Daily Times that the party did not oppose Afghania as the new name of the province. It is not a new thing ... the provincial assembly proposed several names for the province in the last five years but the federal government rejected them. For the first time the ANP has agreed to a name other than Pakhtunkhwa, he said.
Code:
http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/2007/08/provincial-govt-suggests-afghania-as.html
The ANP and other nationalist parties have asked successive governments to rename the province Pakhtunkhwa, but pro-centre parties, mainly the Pakistan Muslim League, opposed the name saying other ethnic groups may feel left out. The chief minister formed a committee a few months ago to decide whether the NWFP should be renamed Pakhtunkhwa or any other name. Some of the names proposed for the province include Pakhtunkhwa, Pakhtunistan, Abaseen, Afghania and Khyber. The ANP-led nationalist parties are in favour of Pakhtunkhwa, while the smaller parties prefer Afghania  a name chosen by the late Chaudhry Rahmat Ali for the NWFP when he coined the word Pakistan as the name of the new Islamic state.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Lucky4u said:

Although I believe that the name change is the right of the people of province, but from your writting I am getting a confusing message.On one hand you do not even like the critisizm by people from other provinces on the ground that the majority of the NWFP assembly passed a resolution and on the other hand you do not want to convince the majority of the national assembly members, there you want to push you way through. Democratically speaking you are not being democratic.
Don't you think that if you involve and take some opinions from the rest of the Pakistani people also other than from NWFP they would feel like having a part in the process after all they have a stake in the well being of the country as much as you do. What is wrong with discussion including all, if you believe you will be able to convince others, one thing more please do not compare all the time for every issue what happened in east Pakistan.That was not as simple as you have made it to be ,there was not a single issue involved it was much more complicated, just read the six points of MujeeburRehman and I am sure you will have a better understanding of the issue.

nedai-swat

Citizen
foqia khan said:
nedai-swat":3mxm9o42][quote="foqia khan":3mxm9o42][quote="nedai-swat":3mxm9o42] I still remember when MMA were in power in the NWFP and tried to change the name the ANP heroes were the first to oppose. The question is WHY they opposed that time when the environment was ok I mean there was no war in the NWFP.[/quote] Can u plz give any valid reference or any link or any portion of a newspaper that can prove your point.[/quote:3mxm9o42] Dear Foqia Khan I am so sorry to get back to you late but believe me I am not like brother Furry87 who I am sure is a full time Siasat.pk.com participant. I have other commitments too which I am sure you will appreciate. Now come to the point. The reference you majesty asked for is follow this link please. [url="http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/2007/08/provincial-govt-suggests-afghania-as.html said:
http://peshawar-weekly.blogspot.com/200 ... ia-as.html[/url]" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dawn.com/2007/08/01/top11.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope the an[/quote:3mxm9o42]
Plz read n understand the following from your own given link and don't mislead the people .
Code:
However, ANP NWFP President Afrasyab Khattak told Daily Times that the party did not oppose Afghania as the new name of the province. It is not a new thing ... the provincial assembly proposed several names for the province in the last five years but the federal government rejected them. For the first time the ANP has agreed to a name other than Pakhtunkhwa, he said.
Code:
The ANP and other nationalist parties have asked successive governments to rename the province Pakhtunkhwa, but pro-centre parties, mainly the Pakistan Muslim League, opposed the name saying other ethnic groups may feel left out. The chief minister formed a committee a few months ago to decide whether the NWFP should be renamed Pakhtunkhwa or any other name. Some of the names proposed for the province include Pakhtunkhwa, Pakhtunistan, Abaseen, Afghania and Khyber. The ANP-led nationalist parties are in favour of Pakhtunkhwa, while the smaller parties prefer Afghania  a name chosen by the late Chaudhry Rahmat Ali for the NWFP when he coined the word Pakistan as the name of the new Islamic state.
[/quote:3mxm9o42]

Dear foqia it does not matter and I do not care if you belong to anp. What I was simply saying that its not the name it is a political game. When the anp try to rename the province the others suppose and vv.

I have read the articles and may I ask you WHY the anp insist on the PUKHTUNKHWA. WHAT is wrong with other names they also reflect the Pukhtun identity.

It is a mere stubbornness and selfishness of the so called Pukhtun political leadership no matter what party they belong to. Every one wants to gain on the price of the nation. For me I bloody do not care what the province is called if I feel insecure financially and safety wise.

I need job, food, clothes, education, health services, security for my children, own home, dignity and respect.

I do not want to live a life of a slave under the Khawaneens and Malaks of the ANPs. We have seen their leaders in every district of the NWFP. I do not want to expose any one but if you insist then I shall provide you with authentic evidences against the ANP local leaderships atrocities, and wickedness in some districts. They do not care about the nation they only want to make a political gains. If they really want to servr the nation then allow me to say TAKE all those monsters out of the party who have inflicted unbearable hardship on their people. get rid of the Khawaneen, Malaks and Nawabs they are the blood suckers. Get a leadreship from a gross root.

I do not agree with Altaf Hussain for a single word BUT this guy has done a wonderfull job for his nation (Muhajirs). He has risen a leadership from the gross root of the Muhajirs and that is why they are united and founder of their leadership cos they belong to the very people.

faridsahar

Salam Bilal Bhai, Aap ki topic ma buhut shoak sa dekta ho.

Mere khyal main Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa sub sa behtar nam hoga,Q k Suba sarhad main Pakhtoon majority par ha, Aur Ise mijority ki bunyad par ye nam suitable ha.
Aksar log kehte ha ka is province ma to aur Qumiyat be abad ha, un logo sa mera arz ha, k is tara to suba Balochistan ma b Pakhtoon ha Aur nam sirf Balochistan ha pir to Pakshtoon Balochistan hona chahie, isi tara Punjab ma Saraiki etc abad ha.
likin Asal ma Baat Majority ki ha.

Talib Dua,
Farid khan

foqia khan

MPA (400+ posts)
nedai-swat said:
Dear foqia it does not matter and I do not care if you belong to anp. What I was simply saying that its not the name it is a political game. When the anp try to rename the province the others suppose and vv.
1. where u found that I belong to ANP,don't u feel its irresponsible attitude that if u don't belong to any party u can say any thing about it n confuse the people to make more mess in society. I just want a name for my province which will reflect the identity of living people there.

2. If it is a political game then this game should be ended by giving the name to the province which is the demand of the people of that province n should move forward.

nedai-swat said:
I have read the articles and may I ask you WHY the anp insist on the PUKHTUNKHWA. WHAT is wrong with other names they also reflect the Pukhtun identity.
3. about those other names ,some members on this forum already had explained but I think u only care what u want say. If u also belong from NWFP u might know that those other names reflect only the local tribe or the area and those names r already existing ,like "Khyber" is a name of a tribal area which is under FATA, "Abaseen" is the name for river sindh in Pashto,which is border between two provinces. there is another name "Afghania" but some people against it bcoz of Afghanistan may claim that area. Only PakhtoonKhwa is left and it is passed by unanimous resolution in the Provincial Assembly.

nedai-swat said:
It is a mere stubbornness and selfishness of the so called Pukhtun political leadership no matter what party they belong to. Every one wants to gain on the price of the nation. For me I bloody do not care what the province is called if I feel insecure financially and safety wise.
I need job, food, clothes, education, health services, security for my children, own home, dignity and respect.
4. That is every Pakistani's dream to get job, food, clothes, education etc... but no leader fulfilled those needs, at least the province should get its name.

nedai-swat said:
I do not want to live a life of a slave under the Khawaneens and Malaks of the ANPs. We have seen their leaders in every district of the NWFP. I do not want to expose any one but if you insist then I shall provide you with authentic evidences against the ANP local leaderships atrocities, and wickedness in some districts. They do not care about the nation they only want to make a political gains. If they really want to servr the nation then allow me to say TAKE all those monsters out of the party who have inflicted unbearable hardship on their people. get rid of the Khawaneen, Malaks and Nawabs they are the blood suckers. Get a leadreship from a gross root.
5. Khawaneens n Malaks , they r not only in ANP, they r in all parties of the Province even in MMA ,which is a religious party. It seems u want Socialism or Commonism to the area.

6. u r not forbidden to bring any authentic evidence against any party but requested to debate responsibly.

foqia khan

MPA (400+ posts)
faridsahar said:
Salam Bilal Bhai, Aap ki topic ma buhut shoak sa dekta ho.

Mere khyal main Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa sub sa behtar nam hoga,Q k Suba sarhad main Pakhtoon majority par ha, Aur Ise mijority ki bunyad par ye nam suitable ha.
Aksar log kehte ha ka is province ma to aur Qumiyat be abad ha, un logo sa mera arz ha, k is tara to suba Balochistan ma b Pakhtoon ha Aur nam sirf Balochistan ha pir to Pakshtoon Balochistan hona chahie, isi tara Punjab ma Saraiki etc abad ha.
likin Asal ma Baat Majority ki ha.

Talib Dua,
Farid khan
@ faridsahar,
I just heard the news that "Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa" name is chosen for the province but still don't understand what is the purpose of adding Khyber with PakhtoonKhwa, Khyber is a tribal area, which is under the Federal Govt. and has no representation in the Provincial Assembly, now the Question may rise that all the tribal area should have representation in the Provincial Assembly n should be under the Provincial Govt.

PMLN which has a strong voter base in Hazara Division in the NWFP and were advocating for them ,pushed other parties for adding the name "Khyber" to the Pakhtoonkhwa ,but the name "Khyber" has no connection to the Hazara people.

People living in Khyber area r Afridi n Shinwari tribes ,which r 100% Pakhtoon. so how it represent Hazara People ? :roll: , adding the Khyber with Pakhtoonkhwa is nothing but creating more problems and not ending this issue ,bcoz other people may also demand adding their area name too. Only "PakhtoonKhwa" represents all tribes of the province, but with additional name of Khyber it prominents the tribes of Khyber .

Addition of Khyber is not the solution but creating more mess in that province.

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
bus jo decide ho gya hai Khyber Pakhtoonkhwah.......it is right.
Lets finish this issue! a good name InshaAllah will bring good luck n hope for the conditions in the land of Pathan brotherz to get better........Ameen