NAMAZ-- HUMBLE ANALYSIS OF AMAZING POWERS

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear readers
Namaz is a mandatory rukan of our religion,we do not have to have a reason to say our prayers because it is ordained by God. Of late I have been thinking about how it has helped me to navigate through very tough times in life and I was able to understand why Allah says in Koran that "Take help from Sabar and Namaz during difficult times." I am putting my analysis out for all of you to read and may it be helpful to understand some deep Ramooz of this form of prayer. If you feel that there is something that can be added or can be articulated better please join me.
This is a work in progress for me.
1)-- Satisfaction
It is a great feeling of satisfaction each time when the prayer is said that we have been able to fulfil the order of Allah.
2)-- Routine / Discipline
Namaz performed five times a day within specific time range gives us a routine to follow and induces discipline which then flows automatically into other aspects of our life. To selfdiscipline is a very tough habit to inculcate otherwise. I do not need to enunciate the benefits of discipline.
3)-- Time management
To manage to do all that we need to do like office work,school work,cooking,cleaning,looking after children and elderly and many other things in a manner that we can say our prayers regularly helps to learn the importance of time and how to manage it.
4)-- Committment
Praying five times a day is a promise that we have to fulfill every day and this teaches us to keep our committments and promises not just with Allah but with our fellow beings aswell.
5)-- Concentration/Focus
Praying with concentration as we have to in order to keep track of the rakat and what is to be recited in order,rukuh,sajood and other rituals in it, plus the fact that we keep our concentration inspite of the tv or other people talking around us(unintentionaly) also helps to improve the concentration level which then helps us to apply this enhanced ability in any other aspect of life.
6)-- Selfcontrol
To stop something that is enjoyable to say Namaz is like selfcontrol over our desires/gratifications.This self control then spills into our life in general and the need to be gratified is reduced ,which inturn is a little bit like the quality of beyniazi in Allah, in a positve way. This is like the power not to be blackmailed for any worldly gain or loss.
7)-- Clarity of thinking
This to me is like a marvelous thing . I had never had the opprtunity to read or understand this aspect untill recently. As I pray and then ask my Allah for his mercy ,blessings and worldly desires I realize that my thinking about what I want from Allah is improving. I think about all the associated good or not so good or what the down side of my Dua could be, and I have started to word my Dua better and better. This increased depth of thinking has added to my ability to be clearer about what I want and improve my thinking process generally. Try this ,it is an amazing blessing.
8)-- Patience
As time goes by and I depend on Allah conciously more and more, depth of my patience increases with every passing day and I feel secure in the knowledge that I have put my case to the most powerful being therfore my anxiety level decreases and hope level increases.
9)-- Hope
As I mentioned above, the hope generated from the fact that now all that I fear,desire, need or care for has been delegated to the only authority in this entire universe, kind of lifts the burden off of my shoulders. Ofcourse we have to keep trying to do our best, but that edge which made me nervous or anxious is taken off. It is pretty much like an anxiolytic medicine.
10)-- Humility
The fact that I bow infront of my creator and know that all is within His power only, makes me aware of the inconsequentiality of my life and powers as a human, and I am forced to be humble and view all human beings equal.
11)-- Elevated standards
My standards for everything is elevated. I now judge all my actions and others action on the basis of what is right and wrong ,not on the basis of relationship,affiliation etc. I feel immune to these forces for I know that my standard is that which is set by Allah not by a human being and this makes me fearless more and more.
12)-- Treatment of depresiion
Depression is such a common thing now adays that according to rough estimates it is presumed to be around 40%--50% in Pakistan and other parts of the world too. If you care to read about this disease you will find that the main features are
hopelessness, lack of desire,loss of sleep, loss of appetite,lack of interest in daily activities of life to the point of being dangerous to health. Now if you see the qualities of Namaz and the benefits that are derived without our even trying to get them are amazing treatment for this disease,and it has been my observation too. (Ofcourse if your observations are different please let me know)

May Allah bless us all.

Malik495

A persian sayings...... ROZ-E-MAHSHAR K JAAN GUDAAZ BAWAD. AWWALEEN PURSISH NAMAZ BAWAD...
There are countless advantages of Namaz.. but if someone only think about the day of judgment.. The first question will be asked about Namaz only..So if your namaz is ok then rest of your aamaal will be ok.... May Allah guide us towards His Blessings.. Aameen

sshahid

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Many in the world turn towards yoga these days. Little do they know that namaz is yoga++, because if one really thinks about it, namaz offers not only same benefits but a great deal more in addition to yoga - both physically and spiritually.
So my advise to all namazis, make sure to perform properly, don't rush, don't miss any or even delay without absolute necessity. Remeber, skipping a prayer is not an option. InshaAllah you will have good results on your overall personality.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Star Gazer said:
Dear readers

3)-- Time management

To manage to do all that we need to do like office work,school work,cooking,cleaning,looking after children and elderly and many other things in a manner that we can say our prayers regularly helps to learn the importance of time and how to manage it. May Allah bless us all.

Jazakallah

Just to add. When we pray 5 times a day, the time so best distributed that very little time is left, between two consecutive namazes, for doing bad vices such comitting crimes but we have to do salats out of our hearts.

Also, if we do 5 times salat with proper roku and sojood a sprescriped AND eat (1/3 = food, 1/3 = water, 1/3 = space, as ordered by Muhammad (s.a.w.) )we do not need to do any type of exercise, gyms etc. It also prevents the blood pressure from elevating

Nawazish

Minister (2k+ posts)
I must say, this is one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum.

Thank you for sharing.

love Pak

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Without Nimaz, life is like that garbage which is flown from one place to another by the wind.

Star Gazer

Dear friends
I should have mentioned in the begining the purpose of this thread.
I am very well aware that Muslims around the world are very well aware of the importance of namaz and so much has been written about it by people far far educated and learned than I can possibly imagine.
My purpose of this sort of analysis is only to try to highlight some of the benefits that I personally have felt, being a working woman and facing the daily frustrations and disappointments in professinal life,socially
plight of the Ummah and how it effects us as an individual.especially in the current times of despair when we need to explain so much not just to ourselves but our children and even nonmuslims. These are truely testing times as people of our faith
are responsible for bringing bad name to us by playing in the hands of some other elements.
By being able to articulate how Namaz can be helpful it also helps me to understand the prayer in a scientifically sound manner and this the non muslim world can understand better than
if we try to explain to them in a spiritual way.
Please do not think of this as if I am trying to be an expert on the topic and feel free to add to this,if I am defficient or missing some element or not clear about it.
Gazoomartian has added a very good solid point to it regarding no time left for vices. Thankyou all.