New System of Government - A proposal !

Rambler

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think Pakistan needs a new system of government. Since Army is the most efficient and effective institution, its role must be recognised formally and governance structure must revolve around it officially. Parliamentary system should be replaced with a presidential form of government. President should be elected from the Lt Generals of Army who should stand for the position and people should choose amongst them. This president should by default be the COAS as well. This step would resolve the responsibility-authority conundrum as everyone internally and externally would know who to turn to and make accountable for the policies and their repercussions. This President / COAS should select his team both from within and outside the army and run the country for three years after which a new President / COAS be elected. This is my initial proposal. Give me your suggestions which I will take into consideration in the detailed draft of the blue print. Thanks.

suzcultus

Voter (50+ posts)
Commendable work. Based on the reality that Pakistan cannot 'digest' the real form of democracy, the pseudo-democracy government system proposed by you seems to carry weight. However, brace yourself up for an avalanche of criticism, specifically from those who have become captives of their 'self-hatched' political acumen.

To me, the model you proposed should be taken in good faith for further consultation and consideration by the patriotic people of Pakistan - though the chances of this sane attitude from the common mass are slim.

Faculty

MPA (400+ posts)
Napak Nakam Generals r already the president, prime minsiter, foreign minister, diplomat, Judge, lawyer ,doctor, economist, election comissioner but a real soldier for 75 years.
They are cowards criminals and thuggs of Pakistan.
They have undone the idealogy of Pakistan.
Two nation theory in Pakistan is resonating.

Look at Barma condition where Military have seats in Parliament.....Pakistan is another Burma!

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The only problem is that the current leadership is only coward but also liars.

Have you ever heard the DGISPR or COAS talk about the truth of their involvement with different departments. Whenever questioned inki itni phat jati hai kay foran press main aaker bol detay hain kay hamara koi taaluq nahi hai.

Itnay phatoo hain raat ko andheeray main logoon kay gharoon main ghustay hain aur phir court main jaa ker mukar jatay hainkay hum nahi thay.

Aisay jhooton per kon si dunya ka mulk trust karaygi

I think Pakistan needs a new system of government. Since Army is the most efficient and effective institution, its role must be recognised formally and governance structure must revolve around it officially. Parliamentary system should be replaced with a presidential form of government. President should be elected from the Lt Generals of Army who should stand for the position and people should choose amongst them. This president should by default be the COAS as well. This step would resolve the responsibility-authority conundrum as everyone internally and externally would know who to turn to and make accountable for the policies and their repercussions. This President / COAS should select his team both from within and outside the army and run the country for three years after which a new President / COAS be elected. This is my initial proposal. Give me your suggestions which I will take into consideration in the detailed draft of the blue print. Thanks.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
For me, our all problems are due to military generals.
They have made institutions dysfunctional. They are responsible for corruption in every institution and military is most corrupt of every other institution.