Pak paceman Aizaz Cheema out of West Indies tour

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pak paceman Cheema out of West Indies tour

Updated at: 1741 PST, Thursday, April 07, 2011
KARACHI: Uncapped Pakistan fast bowler Aizaz Cheema has been ruled out of this month's West Indies tour due to fitness problems.

"He has been declared unfit for cricket activities by the board doctors and has been replaced by Sadaf Hussain," a Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) spokesman said on Thursday, one day after Cheema had been named in a 16-man squad for the one-day series.

Left-arm paceman Sadaf, 21, was the top wicket-taker in the recently concluded domestic season with 64 wickets and has taken 90 wickets in just 18 first class games.

The selectors have included four uncapped players in a new-look side for the West Indies tour.

The squad includes five players yet to play for the senior team including wicketkeeper Mohammad Salman, batsman Usman Salahuddin, allrounder Hammad Azam and pacers Sadaf and Junaid Khan. (Reuters)

http://www.geo.tv/4-7-2011/80122.htm
shim.gif

Proudmuslim

MPA (400+ posts)
very good news sadaf is young fast bowler who can swing the ball both ways good inclusion and he is tall. lets see what happens in the West Indies tour best of luck pakistan...

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sadaf Hussain replaces unfit Aizaz Cheema

ESPNcricinfo staff
April 7, 2011
Text size: A | A

Aizaz Cheema, the 31-year-old seamer who was picked for the limited-overs' leg of Pakistan's tour of West Indies, has been declared unfit by doctors. Aizaz will be replaced by Sadaf Hussain, a left-arm fast bowler from Rawalpindi.
Hussain, 21, was one of the reserve players named by the selectors when they announced the team yesterday. He had a prolific Quaid-e-Azam season, capturing 64 wickets, with a career-best haul of 6 for 40. He has taken 90 wickets in 18 first-class games, including nine five-wicket hauls, and two ten-wicket match-hauls.
The tour kicks off with a warm-up game from April 18, while the only Twenty20 will be played on April 21 in St Lucia. The five-match ODI series will begin on April 23, and the Test leg of the tour will commence on May 12. The squad for the Tests hasn't yet been named.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It seems they have realized their mistake after naming the team and used fitness excuse.
Right choice though, better to have a younger player in the team for long term than 31 year pacer and in two years you will be looking for replacement.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
But tough luck for Aizaz ….life is cruel (got call at the age of almost 32 and is being kicked-out within less-then 24 hours)………. He was performing nicely for the last 4 domestic seasons. I agree with you its not about fitness.

It seems they have realized their mistake after naming the team and used fitness excuse.
Right choice though, better to have a younger player in the team for long term than 31 year pacer and in two years you will be looking for replacement.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If age is a factor then why do we have a system of first class cricket? This is discouraging for any one who thinks that one should perform well in the system to have a chance at the national team.
Even if some one is old and can give two to three years of performance this chance should be taken after all it is not only about how many years are left for no one knows that, look at Amir who is out for 5 years possibly more.
Besides Cheema must have been playing for many years and toiling and working hard,I think it is a bad excuse, his age.
I am not arguing that he should be included I am just arguing that the reasons for inclusion or exclusion should be based on fair principle, for every one.
Good Luck Pakistan.
PS. I do hope Afridi is not the captain for any squad, a person who can not learn in 10 years should be left alone.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Is there any age limit for the big fat Ijaz Butt?????????? We want to get rid of him ASAP.

I agree when qwe are lookign at the age of players then why do we have Intikhab Alam, Ijaz Butt and his friends who go on Tour in wheel chairs??