Pakistan; Blaming the world for our problems

FaisalLatif

Councller (250+ posts)
So, the pattern is obvious. The Americans hide their incompetence and bad policies in Iraq and blame everything on Iran and Syria. In Afghanistan, they blame Pakistan for their blunders. India ignore its systematic policies to discriminate against Muslims that has isolated the Muslim youth who then conduct terrorist attacks and then the government blames Pakistan for every terrorist attack. So, not to be left behind,we, Pakistanis, to disguise our flawed policy, incompetence of the people in charge (both military and civilian) we blame America, Indians, Israelis, British, Afghans and God knows else, for everything that goes wrong in our country.

Even though TTP claimed the responsibility for the attack in Peshawar recently, we still don't accept it. Because if we accept that it was not Americans or all the other countries that we love to blame for all our problems, that would mean we have been incompetent to stop a group of 20 to 30 thousand people from creating havoc in Pakistan for a good part of the last decade. We might also have to come to terms with the fact that ISI propped Baitullah Mesood against Noor Mohammad, which backfired (to put it mildly). If we accept that, then we would have to face the flawed judgement of mainly military (civilian too to some extent) for their utter lack of vision, strategic thinking and long term planning. Supporting the wrong people and the suffering the consequences are the causes of the current wave of terrorism in Pakistan.

Does anyone knows who the Punjaabi Taliban really are? Anyone? Let me tell you who they are. When Musharraf suddenly stopped the militants from the Jaish-e-Muhammad, Lashkar-e-Taiba and Lashkar-e-Jhangwi etc from attacking Indian troops in Kashmir, the top leadership of these organizations complied. But the some foot soldiers and middle leadership declined to cease their activities. Thus, they rebelled, joined forces with TTP; turning their guns of Pakistanis.

No one in the mainstream media would never dare question how the Punjaabi Taliban came into existence. Why? Because they cannot blame that on others. They would have to come to turns with the fact that our (Naauzubillah)"All Mighty" "All Knowing" military can make mistakes. Our "brilliant" and "highly competent" bureaucracy had no sense of long term strategy and contingency plans. Our "Independent" and "Sovereign" politicians did not (excuse my French) had the balls to face up to these two giants and tell them what they are doing is wrong, stupid and would eventually backfire.

The tradition of quick-fix solutions and shortcuts in strategic thinking should be stopped.

I look in envy at our arch-rival India's patience and intelligence (talking about top leadership, not the media or local politicians). Why you might ask? Well, imagine if their were drone strikes in India. Would our government have control the urge to ridicule their neighbor over their utter humiliation? I don't think so. Our top politicians would have been issuing statement after statement to publicly ridicule them to win cheap publicity. Our foreign office would have had the time of their life taunting Indians on how Americans are (excuse my French again) whopping their asses. What would have been the result? Their public, if not from American pressure, but because of Pakistani humiliation would have stood up, overthrown the government and stopped the drones.

The Indians know that. They know if they start to publicly humiliate their Pakistani counterparts, their masses would surely never stand it in Pakistan. We are OK when American humiliate us but we (even the most "baghairat" people in our ruling class) cannot bear humiliation by the Indians. Thus no matter how popular it would be, or how the much the government will enjoy mass public support, they are biting their tongues. For the strategic interest of India (that is to diminish Pakistan's credibility, and make it an international laughing stock), they are sacrificing cheap publicity.

Ask questions!

The question is never who did what, the question should always be why were we unable to stop it. If we say that India conducted the attack or America was behind a suicide blast thats why we couldn't stop it, we are damaging our own credibility. As if to say we can stop attacks on our soil as long as India, Israel or America is not involved. If they are involved, then we can't do anything about it.

In conclusion, let me repeat myself again,

"THE QUESTION IS NOT WHO DID IT, BUT WHY WERE WE UNABLE TO STOP IT"

Source: http://tehkal.blogspot.com/2011/05/pakistan-blaming-world-for-our-problems.html

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
As i often say that there are many grey shades, not everything is black and white!. Most Pakistanis are fully aware of our own errrors like the government policy that leads to terrorist activity where as many in the military have also sold out to external forces. The police has been politicised to the degree that the common man finds himself unprotected against all forms of crime.

Outside forces are taking advantage of this anarchy by supporting and throwing in their own terrorists to further inflame the situation like putting petrol on fire!

biofilm

MPA (400+ posts)
yes you are right but there very few people who think that we always think that we are responsible for current situation and importantly their voices are not heard. most pakistani think that everyone in the world is conspiring against pakistan what a shame.can you believe that world is so jealous of our progress that they want to destroy us....