Pakistan Builds Low Yield Nuclear Capability !!!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pakistan builds low yield nuclear capability
Posted By Reuters On May 15, 2011
Hatf-IX-nasr-missile-500.jpg
This still image from a Pakistan military handout video shows a Hatf IX (NASR) missile being fired during a test at an undisclosed location in Pakistan April 19, 2011. - Photo by Reuters

SINGAPORE: Pakistans successful test of a missile able to carry short range nuclear weapons threatens to raise tensions in a region already nervous that the death of Osama bin Laden will create more instability.
Tactical nuclear weapons, as these are called, are often seen as more dangerous than the traditional strategic weapons because their small size and vulnerability to misuse. Theft makes them a risk to global security.
The biggest concern is that these low yield weapons are seen as less destructive and therefore more likely to be used than other classes of weapons, forcing most nuclear states to minimise the risk by cutting back stockpiles.
Pakistani experts say the country has been forced to develop tactical nuclear weapons because of Indias Cold Start plan under which Indian troops are primed to carry out a lightning strike inside Pakistan if another Mumbai-style attack is traced back to Pakistan-based militant groups.
The military said it had tested last month the 60-km (36-mile) range NASR surface-to-surface missile which carries nuclear warheads to boost deterrence at short ranges.
Security experts in the United States, India and Pakistan said it meant the military planned to deploy these weapons in the battlefield, escalating the regional nuclear competition that has often seemed a replay of the US-Soviet rivalry during the Cold War.
Pakistans development and testing of nuclear-capable short-range missiles is a destabilizing and potentially dangerous development, Daryl G. Kimball, the executive director of the Washington-based Arms Control Association, said.
It suggests that Pakistan would seriously contemplate use on the battlefield in the event of an incursion by Indian forces.
India may yet respond by mounting nuclear warheads on its shorter range missiles to meet the Pakistani threat. It tested low yield nuclear devices in 1998 but there has been no word since then on whether it has added them to its arsenal.
Our capability in the area of low yield fission devices is well known, a former Indian defence scientist involved in the 1998 tests said, declining further comment.
Pakistan responded to Indias tests with explosions of its own. Both nations have since been expanding their arsenal, Pakistan even more and at a pace that Western experts say may, within a decade, make it the fourth largest weapons power, behind the United States, Russia and China.
Pakistan says it has invested a lot of resources to ensure that its nuclear facilities, materials and weapons are secure.
But Pakistans support for militant groups including al Qaeda and the Taliban, who have found sanctuary along the Afghan border, has always heightened concerns about its ever expanding armoury. These worries have deepened after al Qaeda leader bin Laden was found and killed in a garrison town.
If there was one nuclear-armed country that kept him awake at night, it was Pakistan, senior White House coordinator on weapons of mass destruction and terrorism, Gary Samore said.
What I worry about is that, in the broader tensions and problems within Pakistani society and polityeven the best nuclear security measures might break down, Samore said in an interview published in the May 2011 issue of Arms Control Today.
Youre dealing with a country that is under tremendous stress internally and externally, and thats what makes me worry.
DISPERSED WEAPONS
The problem with deploying tactical weapons to the battlefield is that command and control has to be dispersed down to military units on the ground.
This increases the risk of things going wrong, either through miscalculation, an accident or the nightmare scenario of infiltration by militant groups, nuclear experts say.
In either case, once Pakistan had fired off the missile, it would invite retaliation, the extent of which is unknown.
Within Pakistan itself, security experts have questioned the logic of deploying tactical weapons, arguing that it exposed the country to bigger risks rather than improving security.
Ejaz Haider, a Pakistani security expert and columnist, said if Pakistan is going to unleash these weapons as the Indian military crosses the border, it would effectively be dropping them on its own soil.
We are, of course, not even considering how our own troops and population would be exposed to the fallout from a TNW (tactical nuclear weapon), Haider said.
But several experts also say that Indias Cold Start doctrine, even if it is not fully operational, is seen as a real threat in Pakistan.
Cold Start is aimed at mounting rapid military incursions into Pakistan to punish it, take limited amounts of territory, and then negotiate to compel Islamabad to rein in militant groups that act against India.
It is not aimed at threatening the Pakistani state into resorting to its final, nuclear option, but its a risky gamble.(http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/15/paki...-nuclear-capability-concern-grows.html/print/)

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
it never worries us or Indians about these tactical short range small atomic war heads because Indians do have this capability now. in 2002 this tactical weapon had detered enough to Indian from attacking Pakistan because they knew that if we enter Pakistani soil these will be used when they r inside Pakistani borders and their army will have shock effect aswell as demoralisation and they may not be able to retaliate as well because tactical bomb used inside our borders and on Indian army only. Internationaly we could have strong reasons.so now it is the worry of US him self because they intent to drop their troops inside Pakistan to grip our atomic assets and missiles and they know that their line of support i.e logistic support without which no military operation can succeed, could be disturbed rather destroyed by these tactical weapons and their para drop troops will be killed or arrested and their mission will fail.other wise our missiles and weapons r no threat to Us unless they tryu to entre Pakistan with mal intentions which i m sure they have mal intentions against our PAK land.

canadian

it never worries us or Indians about these tactical short range small atomic war heads because Indians do have this capability now. in 2002 this tactical weapon had detered enough to Indian from attacking Pakistan because they knew that if we enter Pakistani soil these will be used when they r inside Pakistani borders and their army will have shock effect aswell as demoralisation and they may not be able to retaliate as well because tactical bomb used inside our borders and on Indian army only. Internationaly we could have strong reasons.so now it is the worry of US him self because they intent to drop their troops inside Pakistan to grip our atomic assets and missiles and they know that their line of support i.e logistic support without which no military operation can succeed, could be disturbed rather destroyed by these tactical weapons and their para drop troops will be killed or arrested and their mission will fail.other wise our missiles and weapons r no threat to Us unless they tryu to entre Pakistan with mal intentions which i m sure they have mal intentions against our PAK land.

What I really fail to understand is that if they are unable to defeat those rag tag Taliban in Afghanistan how they think they will be able to drop troops and seize our nuclear assets ? Dont they realize it's one million strong trained Army fully capable of defending ourselves.

Imranpak

Perceptions are important for psychological reasons!! We need to make clear that under the next government that inshallah will be a patriotic one we're fully capable of using these babes!!!

After the Abottabad farce the USA can easily miscalculate our mood by attempting a similar exercise trying to seize our nukes that are dispersed all over the country.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
What I really fail to understand is that if they are unable to defeat those rag tag Taliban in Afghanistan how they think they will be able to drop troops and seize our nuclear assets ? Dont they realize it's one million strong trained Army fully capable of defending ourselves.

Thats the reason they have our leadership in place to help them achieve their goal.

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
surely they cannot. i agree with u.it is their plan and may be they do not realise all of our capability. they cannot drop their troops on all of the strategicly placed missiles and bombs. if at all they find some what will they do for the unidentified ones.so far they have failed in finding the locations of our wepons. rest assure.

sngilani

surely they cannot. i agree with u.it is their plan and may be they do not realise all of our capability. they cannot drop their troops on all of the strategicly placed missiles and bombs. if at all they find some what will they do for the unidentified ones.so far they have failed in finding the locations of our wepons. rest assure.
It is not troops game. It is now missenaries game like Xe or Blackwaters. Pakistan will be captured not by US regular army troops but secuirity agents like Blackwater. They be comming legally with the consent of Pakistanis themselves to protect presidential palance and other key areas in 4 capitals only. In the wake of this Pakistanis themselve will allow them to protect their nukes. There will be no confrontation at all. No one will bother about 170 million people if head of the state would agree to hand over everything peacefully.

Last edited:

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
All b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t............. They should provide electricity to the people first....... Forget about the army yara kis jahan mae rehte ho.... jab US se amna samna hoga to ham awam hi ataab aur ghazab ka samna karengen...... ap ke saare generals to USA ke jaeb mae pare haen.....

crankthskunk

This is what I wrote on 20th April after this missile was tested by Pakistan

I request everyone to please read my comments
First, shorter-range missile like this H9 are battlefield weapons. This missile is designed for deployment against enemy troops. Probably the most appropriate and dangerous weapon for the enemies of Pakistan.

Some said how nuclear warhead could be placed on a smaller missile. Miniaturisation of warhead is a technology which opens up lots of avenues for the army and is deadlier for the enemies. I hope Pakistan has achieved these capabilities, if she has then it is great news.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...f-IX-(NASR)-Allah-u-Akbar&p=374153#post374153

As I said, the Beghirat brigade try to scare Pakistanis, the situation is not that bad. Yes America is powerful no doubt; everyone in the world knows it. But Pakistan is not easy prey either. USA can not control Afghanistan how could it control 5 times the population and strong army with nuclear arsenal?

Please listen to General Hamid Gul when he says, the day Pakistan stand up with his full height, things will change quickly in the world.

Our Problems are these thieves in the civilian Government, people like Zardari, Rehman Malik and Ambassador Haqqani are all traitors, who are installed by the enemies of Pakistan to destroy Pakistan internally.

Look at Zardari, apart from hiring someone to write an article in WP to praise the operation in Abbatabad, he has said not a single word on the crisis Pakistan faced in recent days.

His ignorance and also carelessness of Gilani who departed to France, are the biggest signals that Pakistanis were on board.

I can see Army is bidding its time, to become stronger and stronger now we are moving fast in nuclear and missile technology, when we have long range intercontinental ballistic missiles the game will change very rapidly indeed.

Pak Zindabad

Councller (250+ posts)
These missiles are of no use................Pakistanis should come out of foolish fantacies..........and do not decieve urself........Pakistani authorities will never resist to U.S. ......They love their luxurious life and don't want to spoil hard earned properties and bank balances.

crankthskunk

These missiles are of no use................Pakistanis should come out of foolish fantacies..........and do not decieve urself........Pakistani authorities will never resist to U.S. ......They love their luxurious life and don't want to spoil hard earned properties and bank balances.

Bro, having gutless leaders does not make the weapons useless, you can say we have useless leaders, I agree. But we have the power if we have the bottle to stand up. This is the difference between leaders who care about their country and its population.

awan4ever

Sigh.

When will the day come when a headline will read "Pakistan successfully implements program to provide a good level of primary and high school education to its illiterate millions"?

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bro, having gutless leaders does not make the weapons useless, you can say we have useless leaders, I agree. But we have the power if we have the bottle to stand up. This is the difference between leaders who care about their country and its population.

The news is good indeed but something making me worried, with appologies [ as many may say its madness ] , to me it may be opening of a new dangerous development of NWO, as now pakistan has launched such nuke weapons, and as you said with gutless leaders and traitors like Abdul Rehman Malik , Haqqani, God forbid if any, any person is caught with this weapon in any part of the world including pakistan, the NWO's or American's will have clear ground to deprive Pakistan of the nuke facility.

"Tactical nuclear weapons, as these are called, are often seen as more dangerous than the traditional strategic weapons because their small size and vulnerability to misuse. Theft makes them a risk to global security.
The biggest concern is that these low yield weapons are seen as less destructive and therefore more likely to be used than other classes of weapons, forcing most nuclear states to minimise the risk by cutting back stockpiles."

Now the main and most important duty is to protect these arsenals.
May Allah protect Pakistan and keep it safe Ameen

Last edited:

A.Ali.T

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sigh.

When will the day come when a headline will read "Pakistan successfully implements program to provide a good level of primary and high school education to its illiterate millions"?

Unfortunately this item is very low on our priority list, besides there is no money in it for our rulers.

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
It is not troops game. It is now missenaries game like Xe or Blackwaters. Pakistan will be captured not by US regular army troops but secuirity agents like Blackwater. They be comming legally with the consent of Pakistanis themselves to protect presidential palance and other key areas in 4 capitals only. In the wake of this Pakistanis themselve will allow them to protect their nukes. There will be no confrontation at all. No one will bother about 170 million people if head of the state would agree to hand over everything peacefully.

brother plz do not panic about it. plz rest assure that things r within our capabilities,only thing is we can and will be able to controle but may be at higher price if present govt continues offering them free access in Pakistan.i m sure the moment it is felt that things can go out of our forces hands,there could be some action by whome? to stablize the situation. no xe or any other agents have better capability than ours. so do not panic plz.