Pakistan Should Exploit Split Among TTP Leaders to Defeat Terrorists

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/08/nawaz-sharifs-opportunity-divide-and.html

Talks offer by Prime Minister Sharif has caused a significant rift in the Pakistani Taliban leadership. While Punjabi Taliban's leader Asmatullah Muawiya has welcomed the offer, leaders of the Pashtun Taliban have rejected it. The split has become more serious with the Pashtun Taliban's decision to remove Muawiya from his position as the leader of the Punjabi Taliban.

"The Taliban decision making body met under Commander Hakimullah Mehsud and decided that Asmatullah Muawiya has no relation with the TTP," Shahidullah Shahid, spokesman for the Hakimullah Mehsud-led Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), told news agency AFP. In response, Muawiya has told The Associated Press that the Taliban shura had no authority to remove him because the Punjabi Taliban is a separate group. He said his group has its own decision-making body to decide leadership and other matters.

This split among the Taliban leadership should be seen by the Nawaz Sharif government as an opportunity to further divide and eventually defeat the various terrorist groups operating under the banner of the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

As a first step of this divide-and-conquer strategy, Pakistani government should proceed with identifying numerous TTP factions who are ready to negotiate and begin talking with each of them separately. Instead of making concessions, the government should prolong these separate negotiations to plant seeds of distrust and discord among the Taliban factions and let them fight and weaken each other.

As a second step, the government should selectively use the Pakistani military to attack various TTP factions one at a time to reduce the TTP movement from a potent force to a mere nuisance which can be managed and ultimately made irrelevant.

During this process, the government should disregard any Taliban sympathizers among politicians, military and bureaucracy who will try to influence the process in favor of the Taliban in the name of Islam to pursue their own selfish agendas.

Such a strategy will require deep thinking, persistence, good negotiating skills and selective use of decisive military force to end the scourge of terrorism from Pakistan's national landscape. It will also require broad public support.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/08/nawaz-sharifs-opportunity-divide-and.html

hans

Banned
First Taliban should drop all weapons.

Secondly stand in a Pakistani court of Law and confess to there Crime against Humanity.

Secondly stand in a Pakistani court of Law and confess to there Crime against Humanity.

they will not do it in this way my friend ... Pakistan has to take positive steps ist then they we can kill their ideology .for example musharaf officially seek pardon over lalmasjid if qadeer khan can do it for the sake of Pakistan he can do so .. then drone should stop then u can get tribal people on your side .. then we can isolate hard core or those who r indian and other countries rap .. they we can do military action on them .. but in this way if you don't snatch their ideology they will be growing and keep coming back .. Pakistan zindabad

seekers

Minister (2k+ posts)
1101945762-2.gif

muntazir

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
خوارج کے ساتھ جتنی مرضی بات کرلیں نتیجہ خون خراب ہی ہو گا یہ کبھی بھی نہیں سدھریں گے لیکن جن لوگوں کو شوق ہے کے ان سی بات کی جیے ان کے اسس شوق کو ضرور پورا کرنا چاہے

zhohaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
As a first step of this divide-and-conquer strategy, Pakistani government should proceed with identifying numerous TTP factions who are ready to negotiate and begin talking with each of them separately. Instead of making concessions, the government should prolong these separate negotiations to plant seeds of distrust and discord among the Taliban factions and let them fight and weaken each other.

Mr Riaz ul haq weren't you till very recently in the we dont negotiate with terrorist camp?

What made you change your tune? Stumbled upon an article in BBC that broadened your horizons?:lol:
Now advocating the Same thing any one with half a brain has been saying for 8 yrs now?

Please stick to economics,pencil pusher.

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
too bad that this "split" is only in your media and its not actual:( :lol:.those people who have no courage to fight in battle ground do use media .but for how long?one day the media,s crutches wont be there to help anyone.than there will battle field and two parties.the party who fights for deen e islam will wina nd the party who fightd for plots and caste creed will loose.end of story

allahkebande

Minister (2k+ posts)
too bad that this "split" is only in your media and its not actual:( :lol:.those people who have no courage to fight in battle ground do use media .but for how long?one day the media,s crutches wont be there to help anyone.than there will battle field and two parties.the party who fights for deen e islam will wina nd the party who fightd for plots and caste creed will loose.end of story

طالبان کا وجود ہی اسلام کے احکامات مساوات، رواداری، اخلاص، اور اخوت کے منافی ہے - اگر امت کو اتنی بات سمجھ میں آ جائے کے قوموں کا عروج تعلیم میں ہے، قتال میں نہیں تو ہماری حالت راتوں رات سدھر جائے

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
Mr Riaz ul haq weren't you till very recently in the we dont negotiate with terrorist camp?

What made you change your tune? Stumbled upon an article in BBC that broadened your horizons?:lol:
Now advocating the Same thing any one with half a brain has been saying for 8 yrs now?

Please stick to economics,pencil pusher.

Yes, I do oppose talking with the terrorists before they lay down their arms. The history of peace talks is filled with broken promises by the Taliban as we saw in Swat and elsewhere.

But I do not make policy. I can only make my suggestions to those who do.

Since the policy makers have already decided to talk, I am suggesting to them on how to proceed to use talks as part of divide and conquer strategy to bring peace in Pakistan.

Last edited:

Pukaar

Senator (1k+ posts)

Pakistani Taliban is a cancer of the society .. Cancer doesn't voluntarily leaves the body, it has to be radiated.. Problem is that we have no institution capable of curing the cancer of Taliban.

Pukaar

Senator (1k+ posts)

Explain to me how Pakistani Taliban are fighting for Deen-e-Islam? How many Sahaba committed suicide attacks against Kuffar-e-Makkah? And in which Hadith did Rasoolallah SAW sanctioned going on a killing spree without due justice?

Pukaar

Senator (1k+ posts)
Yes, I do oppose talking with the terrorists before they lay down their arms. The history of peace talks is filled with broken promises by the Taliban as we saw in Swat and elsewhere.

But I do not make policy. I can only make my suggestions to those who do.

Since the policy makers have already decided to talk, I am suggesting to them on how to proceed to use talks as part of divide and conquer strategy to bring peace in Pakistan.

Munafiq ke aik nishaani yeh bhi hay ko woh dosroon ko "najaiz" alfaz se nawazta hay.. or us ke yah alqabat us ke apnay upar partay hay.. I saw you being called a "pencil pusher".. Congratulations because some of your sins were wiped off (clap)

اجل کنول

MPA (400+ posts)
Explain to me how Pakistani Taliban are fighting for Deen-e-Islam? How many Sahaba committed suicide attacks against Kuffar-e-Makkah? And in which Hadith did Rasoolallah SAW sanctioned going on a killing spree without due justice?

آپ نے جو سوال اٹھائے ہیں انکا کسی کے پاس جواب نہیں بس سازشی کہانیوں پر اور خوش فہمیوں پر ہی ہم سب مگن ہیں۔