PTI's Situation in Mardan

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
In my native region of Mardan the situation is quite different than the one portrayed in the different analysis. PTI has chances on NA-9 and NA-11 but not a sure shot win with NA-10 also being not entirely out of the question and not confirmed either.

ANP is quite strong in NA-9
, it will get stronger still due to the contesting of former CM Haider Khan Hoti. As an example, in the 2012 by-elections, ANP candidate Himayatullah Mayar won this seat and gained 30770 votes while candidate of JUI-F Maulana Shujaul Mulak who was supported by PTI, PML-N and other parties gained only 24621. The local population is however well aware and educated in this region so a PTI victory should not entirely be written off.

While NA-9 contains a healthy portion of the city populace. NA-10 is more village centric. Main areas include Babozai, Shamozai, Kharki and then upto Thakhat Bai. Religious vote is quite rampant in this constituency with a considerable banking of landlords as well. PTI's candidate Barrister Ali Muhammad Khan is a very good choice on a personal level as he is very well educated and was born in a local village named Hathiyan. However he has to do a lot of work to deter other candidates from winning because he isn't widely known despite the fact that a good number of silent voters are pro-PTI in the area.

Like NA-10, NA-11 also has a lot of rural area involved. So personalities and local allegiances matter. However vote bank for both conservative and secular parties exist here as evident from Khanzada Khan retaining this seat for PPP in the by elections after a neck-in-neck fight with MMA's Maulana Taj-ul-Amin. In the 2008 general elections, PPP's Abdul Akbar had won by a huge margin. This time around however things are different, PTI's candidate Mujahid Khan is of a clean repute and has support of influential local leaders like Nigar Khan. A good majority has gone pro-PTI in the region and a lot of PPP/ANP voters will break away and go for PTI instead. However, because of this breakaway religious parties might benefit in the area if they chose to field a single candidate.

So in short, there is no confirmed seat of PTI here, yet.

Last edited:

sadani

Minister (2k+ posts)
honestly speaking , m not worried about KPK at all....

I know Pashtoons are the most "independent" voters all across pakistan.... they will surely vote to PTI and it will be land slide victory for Imran Khan in KPK.

having said that , IK should visit the KPK areas to strengthen its party workers moral.

shafi3859

Minister (2k+ posts)
sorry to say... pakhtoons r not like punjabies... pakhtoon r independent of any ethnic or bradira divisions.... PTI will definitely sweep the land of braves... And punjab is also breaking the shackles of fear... tsunami is on its full swing from south to the north.... will hit islamabad on 9th...

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
honestly speaking , m not worried about KPK at all....

I know Pashtoons are the most "independent" voters all across pakistan.... they will surely vote to PTI and it will be land slide victory for Imran Khan in KPK.

having said that , IK should visit the KPK areas to strengthen its party workers moral.

Agreed, the Pashtun code of conduct: Pashtunwali dictates that. However at the moment, from what I have seen PTI needs to do some work and the 4th May jalsa might do just that. My extended family in NA-9 is voting for PTI completely...and the situation is not much different in the adjoining areas.

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
sorry to say... pakhtoons r not like punjabies... pakhtoon r independent of any ethnic or bradira divisions.... PTI will definitely sweep the land of braves... And punjab is also breaking the shackles of fear... tsunami is on its full swing from south to the north.... will hit islamabad on 9th...

I know my areas bro. NA-11 is quite feudalistic in make-up.

jalalamardan

Councller (250+ posts)
im from NA 10...very good choice of candidate....neck to neck fight between maulana qasim and ali muhammad khan....i would say its 60 40 to qasim but ali muhammad is working very hard and situation is changing...you will hear goodnews inshallah...on pk seat anybodys game as too many candidates contesting...

chargootay

MPA (400+ posts)
I suggest PTI shouldnt lose any ground there because we shouldnt be over confident since all the status quo parties wont let pti have its share from kpk politics.

ANP might might might get sympathy vote... secondly, there is an issue with pakhtoons tht if u dont ASK for a vote, he wont give it to u (zma hujray ta vote pasay naday raghalaay,, che oghwari no war ba kam)

a few visits in the end should cover it up .. insahALLAH

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
I suggest PTI shouldnt lose any ground there because we shouldnt be over confident since all the status quo parties wont let pti have its share from kpk politics.

ANP might might might get sympathy vote... secondly, there is an issue with pakhtoons tht if u dont ASK for a vote, he wont give it to u (zma hujray ta vote pasay naday raghalaay,, che oghwari no war ba kam)

a few visits in the end should cover it up .. insahALLAH

Exactly my thoughts.

ibrarkhan

Citizen
I will speak of my constituencies i.e NA-9 & PK-24, There is a silent support of majority of people for PTI but due to the influential personalities like former CM Haider Hoti & Pmln's Khwaja Hoti, PTI's chances of winning here are quite slim. Moreover the candidates who have been awarded party tickets r barely known to anyone, neither r they proactive in the constituency. However we'll still vote PTI albeit I'm well aware that like mine; a good number of votes will be wasted.

tariq nadeem

MPA (400+ posts)
I can see PTI not doing well in KP. PTI supporters are assuming they will sweep KP but they dont consider complexities of different regions.