Rogers versus Bell ripping off budget WiFi home data plans

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
I was shocked to learn as a new student living with a fellow Pakistani encouraged me to get a contract from Rogers!

After first 2 months the company, for basic e-mail use only the bill was signed for minimum amount to paying all inclusive $150 per month without any added features!
I had to fulfill the stupid contract from Rogers as on signing the agreement.
In this country one has to research to fund suitable deals.

For Rogers as one exceeds datra limit they have a"clause " in very small print on back pages specifically increasing rate of charge per data gigabyte (2GB) increased by several ($'s) I don't remember what exact rate they charged.

Now for in contrast month to month plans are better and can be terminated at will on paying last previous bills with NO minor clauses in unreadable fine print somewhere in the agreement!
See we have bhaniya mentality admin writing all charging rates in these companies!

As for Bell canada my experience are better than Rogers primarily for fact its service employees are better but with lack luster customer support waiting over the phones!

If you are arriving in this country make sure to start off with month to month plan regards to burden 3 year overhead!
I have heard stories of losing credit score to miss managing due to excessive phone / wifi bill!

When technology is customized to suit individuals we see monopoly giant companies ripping off new comers from step 1.
Angry customer!

Last edited:

Lawangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
bro im tiered now rogers they are charging more and more every month if you have a link pls share here
Actually for my residential use, i use Primus. They have fixed monthly charges and unlimited internet data. For my business i use Bell and i spoke to one of the rep last week and they told me that starting jan you can cancel your contract any time without any extra charges.

malik_ejaz

Voter (50+ posts)
My bell 50/10 Mbps costs 69$. no contract. additional 30$ per month (10$ if you have 3 services from bell) for unlimited internet. And i got first 3 months at half price.

There are cheaper options generally but sadly in my area, there are none.

Mobile phone and internet rates in canada are crazy high.

ifteeahmed

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
They all are same even Primus. Accanic is cheaper with no usage but not fast enough as compare to these two giants.

Rhymetime

MPA (400+ posts)
Brother get wind with htc phone unlimited data 5 GB for 40 $ and if u pay 10 $ premium u can exceed 5GB and it won't slow down Rogers and Bell r Rip off nothing more wind connectivity is not bad either but look what u paying

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Actually for my residential use, i use Primus. They have fixed monthly charges and unlimited internet data. For my business i use Bell and i spoke to one of the rep last week and they told me that starting jan you can cancel your contract any time without any extra charges.

I tried primus once but kept having IT issues... we have been using bell for a decade now...

karachiwala

Try Teksavvy, they provide both DSL and Cable through Bell and Rogers. Rogers is better as faster. you have to buy your own modem though.

karachiwala

Thread starter, Rogers does not charge $150 for Ultra Lite Service. The most they may charge you is $45. Even the 150mbps circuit is not $150.

syed irfan01

MPA (400+ posts)
The best option is tech savvy. Also break the contract after Jan 1st. Never go near BELL or Rogers. They are the Nawaz and Zardari. Enough said :)

khan.can

Councller (250+ posts)
Once bitten by both big providers, I use CIK (Customer Is King) for both unlimited 45M/5M highspeed cable internet plus unlimited Canada wide home phone with all features for $50 + tax fixed bill. You have to buy cable modem and phone adapter though but you don't have to switch to other provider so its a one time investment.

Research and read reviews...Good luck

ryzwan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I agree with karachiwala, i have been with Teksavvy for many years and extremely satisfied with their service.
to cut down you monthly internet & phone bill to 35$/ month. get the Teksavvy cable plan plus freephoneline for your home phone.