'Scores dead' in Pakistan air raids

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
read todays news

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 47250.html

'Scores dead' in Pakistan air raids

Pakistani troops are battling islamic fighters in the country's volatile northwestern tribal areas [GALLO/GETTY]

The Pakistani military has killed nearly 100 people in air raids in tribal areas in the country's northwest, officials say.

The attacks were carried out on Saturday in the Orazkai and Khyber regions near the border with Afghanistan, they said.

In Orakzai, 54 people said to be "militants" by the Pakistani army were killed during clashes over a checkpoint near the town of Baizoti, Samiullah Khan, a local official, told the Associated Press news agency on Saturday.

His comments came after it emerged that another raid had killed more than 40 people in the Tirah area of the Khyber region.

"At least 42 militants of Lashkar-e-Islam were killed and two militant hideouts were also destroyed," Shafeerullah Wazir, the Khyber administration chief, said.

"The death toll may rise as dozens of others were also injured in the airstrike."

Death toll confirmed

A military official confirmed that the incident had taken place and the death toll was correct.

"The air strike was launched on a tip-off that a meeting of the Lashkar-e-Islam group was going on in Tirah," the official told the Agence France Presse news service.

The area where the attack took place adjoins the northwestern city of Peshawar, scene of a series of bomb attacks blamed on the Taliban in recent months and increasingly viewed as a seat of instability in Pakistan.

"There was an attack by a fixed-wing aircraft," Kamal Hyder, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Pakistan, said quoting witnesses.

"A jirga [tribal meeting] was hit. After that nearby residents came to pull people out of the rubble. Then a second and, maybe, even a third wave of attacks hit them."

The violence came as a Pakistani military offensive against Taliban-allied fighters in Orakzai entered its 18th day.

The UN announced on Friday that the deteriorating security situation in Orakzai and Kurram has forced 200,000 civilians to flee since November last year.

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is how Pakistani government creating suicide bombers.

Usually 99% who get killed are innocent civilians. They have no way to get justice or someone go to and thats when they take matters in their hands and become suicide bombers.

I love Pakistan but right now have no respect for the army. I'm afraid our government is pushing us to do this

drkjke

well .we pakistanis are happily discussing sania shoaib marriage while our muslim brothers are being slaughtered
after south Waziristan now Orakzai agency is under pakistani "brave" airforce,s bombardment.

hundreds of women children and mosques have been destroyed but media totally censors this news.only the people in tribes are bearing all this azab from dajali forces.no one even knows about their plight alas,due to our media.may allah destroy the very bases of this liar satanic media.

i came to know that 2 weeks back a mosque and madrasa were destroyed by pakistani airforce bombing that killed 60 teen aged students of that madrasa...many such madrasa bombings have killed thousands of tribal children whose only crime was learning quran.and tribal people are strange creation of allah,they do such saba that makes me cry,if in lahore karachi or islamabad peoples children are killed like this they would at once start abusing pakistan and to break it ,but these tribal people after lossing their children still pray for pakistan! this rank of sabar and bravery only comes after one achieves a certain degree of iman,this we cant see in by name muslim cities like islamabad ,karachi lahore. (by the way i am born and bred lahori,but truth is truth,how can i hide it ,being a muslim)

abuse taliban as much as you like but they dont target innocent children atleast,or the lahore blast that occured in FIA building last month could be done on pakistans largest school which was only 2 minutes from that blast site,few blasts that did occur on civilians were later clearly denied by talibans as their deed.taliban said that agencies and black water who work with pakistani establishment did these blasts.now who will we believe?taliban who pray 5 times or our generals and politicians who cant recite kalima properly,its your choice!
allah clearly says in quran that one basic chracteristic of munafiq is that he lies
and if our generals and civil leaders who work for zionists are not munafiqeen than who is?

war should be fought with some principles and honour,its wrong to kill innocent women and children by air raids like our airforce is doing,,,but what can we do ,our establishment both civil and army has orders from satanist zionists to ethnically cleanse the tribal people because they dare to fight a defensive war against americans.
taliban are defeating american forces in afghanistan,and our army and airforce is helping americans by killing these mujahideen,for which this nation will soon be punished by allah no doubt.

pakistanis wake up

stop your establishment from this massacre of our tribal muslim brothers,or i swear that allah will not spare you!
allahs azab will be swift ,blunt and effective.uprooting the faasiqeen

So the roots of the people who did wrong were cut off. And all the praises and thanks be to Allh, the Lord of the 'Alamn (mankind, jinns, and all that exists). { 45)sura alanaam

if you march not forth (for jihad and effort in allahs way), he will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you with other people , and you can not harm him at all,and allah is able to do all things (surah al-tauba ayat no.39)

MIGHTY INDEED WERE THE PLOTS THAT THEY MADE,BUT THEIR PLOTS WERE WELL WITHIN THE SIGHT OF ALLAH,EVEN THOUGH THEIR PLANS WERE SUCH AS TO SHAKE THE HILLS! NEVER THINK THAT ALLAH WILL FAIL HIS MESSANGERS IN HIS PROMISE, FOR ALLAH IS EXALTED IN POWER , THE LORD OF RETRIBUTION. (AL QURAN .14 46)

A

Admin

It is absolutely a shame that we are discussing Shoaib&Sania, Asif&Veena Crap when this stuff is happening in Pakistan.

Star Gazer

sarmad said:

Usually 99% who get killed are innocent civilians. They have no way to get justice or someone go to and thats when they take matters in their hands and become suicide bombers.

I love Pakistan but right now have no respect for the army. I'm afraid our government is pushing us to do this

Sometimes I wonder if we understand the situation and the complexity of things, we demand one thing and when that happens we start to critisize it. I mean to ask all ;
What is that you want the Army to do? If the Army does as the civilian government asks to do you say you have no respect for it, and if the Army refuses to do that you say the Army is defying the orders of the civilian government and should do as the government wants it to do. Also if the army refuses orders it is called mutiny. Please decide what is that we sitting in our comfy homes want?

nedai-swat

Citizen
Star Gazer said:
sarmad said:

Sometimes I wonder if we understand the situation and the complexity of things, we demand one thing and when that happens we start to critisize it. I mean to ask all ;
What is that you want the Army to do? If the Army does as the civilian government asks to do you say you have no respect for it, and if the Army refuses to do that you say the Army is defying the orders of the civilian government and should do as the government wants it to do. Also if the army refuses orders it is called mutiny. Please decide what is that we sitting in our comfy homes want?

Dear Star Gazer

I agree with Sarmad and the other felow to some extent.

I do not think the army ever acted on a government order they only obey the American and the West. Would you please let me guide which government ordered the Brave army to hange Z A Bhuto, made an elected prime minister with 2/3 majority in parliament to seek asylum abroad, killed politicians Akbar Bughti etc, give money to politicians to change the government, who created MQM, and who created these monsters the so called talibs ie those who are on ISI and MI payrole.

They have the same tactics as their masters- brain wash people. Use them for their dirty tricks and then when they are done treat them like a toilet paper ie blame their own crime on the so called talibs and mujahideen.

some time I think that this country Pakistan was not created for US as a whole BUT was created for the people WHO are still the SOLE owners of this Land and its resources i.e The ARMY, JAGIRDARS, CHOUDRIS, MALIKS, NAWABS, KHAWANEEN WADYRAYS ETC.

For the army I can only describe them as follows:

usol-e-bewafaye ki
Jesi jani wafa samjhi

The rest were the the puppets of the British Umpire anyway.

Maassalam

Star Gazer

nedai-swat said:
[quote="Star Gazer":30hz4hg8]
sarmad said:

Dear Star Gazer

I agree with Sarmad and the other felow to some extent.

I do not think the army ever acted on a government order they only obey the American and the West. Would you please let me guide which government ordered the Brave army to hange Z A Bhuto, made an elected prime minister with 2/3 majority in parliament to seek asylum abroad, killed politicians Akbar Bughti etc, give money to politicians to change the government, who created MQM, and who created these monsters the so called talibs ie those who are on ISI and MI payrole.

They have the same tactics as their masters- brain wash people. Use them for their dirty tricks and then when they are done treat them like a toilet paper ie blame their own crime on the so called talibs and mujahideen.

some time I think that this country Pakistan was not created for US as a whole BUT was created for the people WHO are still the SOLE owners of this Land and its resources i.e The ARMY, JAGIRDARS, CHOUDRIS, MALIKS, NAWABS, KHAWANEEN WADYRAYS ETC.

For the army I can only describe them as follows:

usol-e-bewafaye ki
Jesi jani wafa samjhi

The rest were the the puppets of the British Umpire anyway.

Maassalam[/quote:30hz4hg8]

With due respect for your opinions I would like to ask you what is the elected democratic government doing if the army is doing somethin on US behest? why does it not say openly that the army is not listening to Pakistan government? what stops them from doing their job? They have taken an oath too!
As for ZAB hanging we need to ask the supreme court of Pakistan.
As for the PM who fled to Saudi Arabia after making a deal with Gen. PM why did he not choose to stay and fight for the rights of the people?
As for Akber Bugti, he was always acting against the interest of Pakistan, tell me how did he manage to buy missiles to blow up gas pipe lines and on Police and army? What do you expect the army to do when it is fired upon with missiles? How would you react but try to find them and fire back if fired upon?
I do not condone the martial law but I also am very ashamed by the demands of the politicians which they make from the army to do so, remember the dancing and Mithai ki takseem done when NS was deposed? The politicians are no good and not to be trusted A--Z.