should we celebrate VELENTINE day and BASANT

siddique

MPA (400+ posts)
lamha e fikriya for believers, contemplate brothers and sisters.

col11.gif

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I heard the Governor Punjab(one of Musharraf's fane) will take part in Kate flying contest.what are the other Musharraf's fane doing on that day ? Specially workers of MQM ? Is altaf also coming out to take part in that Contest from London ? Just asking .....

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)
Zaidi Qasim said:
I heard the Governor Punjab(one of Musharraf's fane) will take part in Kate flying contest.what are the other Musharraf's fane doing on that day ? Specially workers of MQM ? Is altaf also coming out to take part in that Contest from London ? Just asking .....

Zaidi Bhai AH can't even get out of his apartment in London, he definately wont make it as far as Lahore. Traitor and murders are always looking behind their backs

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
Please don't celebrate these events.

Basant: If at all you are so dying for kite flying, do it among your like minded friends. You don't need the whole city to celebrate with you, a dozen others should be enough for you.

Valentine: Those who believe in love don't need one specific day to express it. The other person could welcome it any other day.

A

Admin

Just ask yourself this question...Is it worth putting someone's life in danger for just one day's happiness?

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
we shouldnt. Most of us Muslims in Canada do not care about Velentines day, good friday, easter, christmas, etc but our Pakistani people always do andhi taqleed and muftis are all quiet. But then again if the say something, media will bar them from air anyway

correction made above. See the red one

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
we should. Most of us Muslims in Canada do not care about Velentines day, good friday, easter, christmas, etc but our Pakistani people always do andhi taqleed and muftis are all quiet. But then again if the say something, media will bar them from air anyway

I think expressing love is better than expressing hate. This what our religious leaders propogate instead of the essences of our beautiful religion. As far as Basant goes nothing wrong with it. The problem with our leaders is that they are so inept in making and enforcing law that even a small event becomes an issue. All we got to do is make laws that discourage use of illegal thread that becomes so life threatning and also banning of weapons. I am not advocating firing squads but heavy fine that can really make a person or parties miserable.

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
"Paani paani ker gayi mujh ko qalandar ki yeh baat
Tu jhuka Jab ghair ke agay na mun tera na tann"

"Nahin tera nashemen qasr-e-sultani ke gumbat per
Tu shaheen ha basera ker paharon ki chatano mein"

sultaanii-e-jamahuur kaa aataa hai zamaanaa
jo naqsh-e-kuhan tum ko nazar aaye mitaa do

mehwish_ali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
siddique said:
lamha e fikriya for believers, contemplate brothers and sisters.

col11.gif

Celebrating Valentines Day and Basant or not Celebrating is one thing, but first of all it is very necessary to Tell the Truth and not to invent the Lies in order to achieve your aims.

I am afraid that Religious People like Writer of this Column is telling the Lies in order to achieve his aims and spreading hatred through his lies.

His story of Valentines Day is either a Lie or almost non-existant story. He want to create hatred against Saint Valentine by accusing him of doing ZINA.

I ask people to read about Saint Valentine for themselves at Wikipedia.com

From Wikipedia:
... Valentine as a priest who refused an unattested law attributed to Roman Emperor Claudius II, allegedly ordering that young men remain single. The Emperor supposedly did this to grow his army, believing that married men did not make for good soldiers. The priest Valentine, however, secretly performed marriage ceremonies for young men. When Claudius found out about this, he had Valentine arrested and thrown in jail. In an embellishment to The Golden Legend provided by American Greetings, Inc. to History.com and widely repeated, on the evening before Valentine was to be executed, he wrote the first "valentine" himself, addressed to a young girl variously identified as his beloved,[17] as the jailer's daughter whom he had befriended and healed,[18] or both. It was a note that read "From your Valentine."[17]

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentines_day

And I am also absolutely not sure about his story of Basant etc and it also seems to be a lie.

Actually now body know in India or Pakistan about such story of Basant, but it has been celebrated as "Cultural" festival instead of any "Religious Festival"

By the say, people Abusing Musharraf for promoting the Basant. Perhaps some one Post the Photos of Respectable Grand Imran Khan too where he used too to celebrate Basant in Lahore. Nevertheless, all the bad language is reserved for Musharraf and Imran khan is Angel and above any criticism. This is the Insaaf of supporters of Imran Khan unfortunately.