THE BONE OF CONTENTION

Ontarianpakistani

Senator (1k+ posts)
I always wonder why Generals are against PTI. There was no logic to explain why the whole lot is anti-PTI. I had an opportunity to speak to some high ranking officers recently who were trying to sound balanced and neutral so while criticizing others they were expressing "disappointment" with PTI and specially Imran Khan. Reason? well, he appointed Buzdar as CM of Punjab. But whats wrong with that? no answer. I am or was not a big fan of Buzdar but one thing is now established that he was not corrupt as media throughout PTI period tried to paint. If there was even a iota of evidence against him he would have been thrown in the darkest corner of Dirty Harry's torture cell and PTI as a whole declared history's most corrupt party. Remember establishment has all their largest financial "activities" in Punjab and it looks like Buzdar's tenure was the only one when they did not get a free hand. Sure Buzdar was the "Bone of Contention" between Bajwa & Co and IK. Basically Establishment wants to keep a control over Punjab therefore elections in Punjab in this situation when 2/3 or even 3/4 majority of PTI is almost guaranteed can not be allowed UNLESS someone like Pervez Elahi is declared future CM of Punjab who is known to have a buddy buddy relationship with establishment. IK will not make that mistake.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I had an opportunity to speak to some high ranking officers recently who were trying to sound balanced and neutral so while criticizing others they were expressing "disappointment" with PTI and specially Imran Khan. Reason? well, he appointed Buzdar as CM of Punjab. But whats wrong with that? no answer.
Well I think the right answer should have been, you people have no business meddling in political affairs of Pakistan in the first place and remember you are subordinates of the civilian govt. Not the other way round.