The Last Cards in the Political Deck for PLMN

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)

Although Zardari has kept his cards close to his chest and use them wisely in the last three and half years but the game is very close to its end. He has successfully cornered Sherif Brothers, played with ANP and JUI, used and abused MQM, blackmailed PLMQ through NLC scandal for a partnership and kept Army on the bay by keeping them involved in internal security and domestic operations against extremists. Even his critic acknowledge his political wisdom. Is he done? I guess not. Mr. Zardari still have 2 cards in has hand for a final show down.

The last 2 cards are, sitting on the fence and let Balawal "Bhutto" Zardari become the innocent new leader of PPP whose mom was killed for democracy. This will give a new face to PPP and knowing our public, they will fall for it again. Secondly, if nothing works, start a war in Karachi and play Sindh card causing a ciaos in Pakistan and/or forcing opposition to create public disturbance forcing Pakistan Army to take over. In any case he will run to UK for asylum and live in his Castle.

From the news, we see Balawal is contest election from Lahri so the first card is in play. Now I hear naive leaders like Imran Khan saying on the TV screens that it’s not possible for army to takeover because people will not accept army rule. To me its shows their inexperience and lack of political wisdom. Army don't require people approval Mr.IK. Trust me the Army card is in play too if you follow the news closely. Here is some fact from the history books.

When we think about army takeover, most of us think about Mushraaf coup in 1999. The facts are Mushraaf never declared Marshall Law but “Interim Emergency". For a common person, it might be a memory lapse but people who lived in Auab Khans era and adults of Zia-ul -Haq era can tell you the difference.

Just for the knowledge of my readers,an interim emergency, life is usual but important installations are under the control of the army. Constitution is temporarily suspended but public life is uninterrupted.

In a Marshall Law, the Army runs the Government and every aspect of people daily life. Judiciary is sent home, summary military courts are established, people are hanged on intersections and butts are whipped in the stadium. All government institutions are run by Military officials and public sectors are monitored by the army. Media is censored and barred from publication of political news. When a military jeeps stops outside your house, either you pass out or hide in the bathroom. Ask those who saw General Auab Khans and Zia ul Haq Marshall Law in their life time or the once who got punished during those times.

With 500,000(Half a Million) soldiers and officers under command, half used for India and Afghanistan border, the army still has a a big force available to take control of the country and declare Marshall Law. The question is when?

Simple answer is when the stakeholder wants the army to act to protect their interest. Stakeholder being USA, UK, Japan, Saudi Arabia and IMF or when the army can convince the stakeholder that its time.

Zardari declared this fact to Sherif brothers within first 6 months of taking government that if any attempt to destablize his government is initiated, he will use Military trump card. Sherif brothers took him threat serious and kept singing the song for past 3 years that they are playing safe and friendly opposition because they don't want to derail the democracy. If you have read PLMN statements in the past, you will know they have said again and again that they are trying to save the democratic system.

Question is from whom? Yes PLMN knows that government can create such a ciaos that will force the Military to take action and PLMN will lose its turn. Little do they know that they turn will never come in any case.

Three and half years have passed since the last election and in this time, sherif brother’s has seen their rule shrinking month by month. They now just govern part of the Punjab not all the Punjab like in the past. South Punjab wants to be a seperate province, they just lost election in Kashmir and PLMN is also not popular in Sindh, Baluchistan or KPK. The worst part is, their anti ISI and military sentiments have forced the ISI to promote other small players in Punjab such as PTI and MQM. Add PLMQ and PPP seat adjustment in the mix, Sherif brother are having sleepless nights.

Now that Sherif brothers are cornered, do PLMN have any cards left to play against Zardari, save their political face and come out of the cornor? Yes they do but it might not bring the result they want.

If they want take positive approach, they can give up their ego of ex prime minister and reunite all PML under one leadership. They can then unite other parties to form a solid opposition. This will be seen as positive politics and they will gain popularity they once enjoyed. This will bring end to the Zardari game and he will fold his cards. But knowing their dictatorship loving PLMN leadership, this is not possible.

As Sherif brothers have people like Chaudhri Nisar and Hanif Abbasi, they will suggest the negative approach. Today’s news has disclosed the game plan, if you can read between the lines. It’s time to utilize the last card in the deck which was bought by spending million of Rupees during Judiciary Movement.

Yes you guessed it. The Supreme Court and Chief Justice. As the Judiciary and Administration has drawn guns against each other for who rules the country, the plan by Sherif brother is to make a call to chief justice to get one strong decision against government. This will start the process that will lead the lawyers, civil society and PLMN workers to hit the road for one last long march and this time it will not stop short of Islamabad.

This time the slogan will not be to reinstate the Judges but reinstatement of the Judgments. This is something that public will buy and PLMN can sell easily. This card will bring Government on its knees and the protest will not stop till the Government agrees to call a new elections.

Did you hear Shahbaz Sherif saying that PLMN will sacrifise Punjab government for the judicary just today? The card is now in play.

The risk in this game is Zardari and Military Marriage. A match made by the stakeholders. Zardari will never concede to PLMN but ask the Military to takeover by declaring Marshall Law. If that happens, Sherif brother will move to Saudi Arabia for 10 years and Zardari will vacation in UK for awhile. Once again we will prove that we didn't learn anything from the past and maybe we don't deserve democracy.

http://politicalprismofpakistan.blogspot.com/2011/07/last-card-in-political-deck.html

Last edited:

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Molson4u,

People dont pay attention to your crazy analysis. Zardaris game was not what you said; Zardaris game is throwing the bone to the dogs, for their share of the loot.

- PMLN was happy as long as they kept the Punjab rule.
- MQM for to run the local government in Karachi.
- ANP to run KPK, Molana Diesel few ministries, etc
- PMLQ is in to save Monis Elahi.

Zardari is not a clever politician, he is a criminal politicians. Sharif Brothers got cornered because they are stupid. It is also your mistake to think, Zardari cornered them. They have Zardari and PPP where they want them. Look at it this way, until now PPP couldnt do anything to PMLN in Punjab. But if PMLN really wanted to bring down PPP government they could have easily done so, when MQM was out for few weeks and PMLQ still didnt join the ranks. PPP was a minority Government. But Sharif brothers didnt want to bring down PPP government, because they were happy just keep Punjab for time being. But now if they were serious, changes would happen very rapidly. Can PPP government survive a long march to Islamabad?

Same with the Army, they are not fooled by Zardari; they dont want to get involved in the dirty games of politics and politicians at the moment because of Kiyani. If it were someone else, we would have seen how clever is Zardari. He would have been thrown in Jail and boots could be in.

As for Bilawal, I can only see a very dark future for him. Time has changed, plus having name Bhutto attach to your name when you really are not a Bhutto, has drawbacks, plus never you forget the curse on the Bhutto dynasty.

universal007

MPA (400+ posts)
Nawaz sharif wants that ppp serve its full term b/c of the people of pakistan who voted pppp for 5 years and they should see the results.IF nawaz sharif turn down the ppp govt then ppp would go again in people and asking for sympothy and pretending themselves innocent and people would give them vote again.like this they would have no excuse and also for the people to think before they vote again.
nawaz sharif has been doing good politics on principles.

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
thank you for your opinions but they are far from politics and are emotional. I am not here to teach people to learn politics. What i wrote 3 days ago is now picked up by Pakistani media and they are getting on bandwagon. Sherif Brothers are also on the track for what i have suggested in my analysis.. Time for Dama dam must must decision before March using Supreme Court as a bait. Thanks for your comment thou.

Let me also tell you that it was me who suggested the idea of Aafia sadique for Raymond Davis and was picked up my MQM leadership. The MQM members acknowledge reading my article and forwarding it to MQM Rabita Committee. I am where confortable with what i write and people who have political wisdom see that i give the political picture way before Pakistani Media Goons start talking about it.

I guess you guys just chat on siasaat.com and don't read media, hear talk shows and follow politicians, I do and then i write my articles. I appriciate your comments negitive or positive, When people get upset and pass non sense comments, i don't get mad but know that I have written the truth that is making them upset or they are naive enough that they don't get to the bottom of the issue and like to read the headlines.

Last edited:

universal007

MPA (400+ posts)
I would still think that PML N is the only party thats ideology is based on good principles and pakistan.
Imran khan is a mad man who is going through his mid age crisis and just live inisde his 6ft shell and he cant see any thing except himself.
i was big fan of imran khan but having seen him closely it made me think that he is a bit danger as i found him exactly like musharraf.
The purpose of all his jalsas is to show to agencies and army that look at me i am popular ,come and send this govt to home and give make me prime minister in so called technocrate govt. or caretaker government.
IS it called as politics and democracy??
i request to every pakistani to think deeply before considering some body angel.
support a party where there is better leadership and good team like javed hashmi,ahsan iqbal,sartaj aziz,ishaq dar,khuwaja asif,mehtab abbasi,and many more where they criticize openly on party and leadership and still they sit together.

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
universal007, i understand your sentiments but your good leader and their stories are written in Zafar Ali Shah case. Please read the decision is available on the net in which Mr. Iftakhar Chaudhri called your leader, the most crroupt in the history of Pakistan. I am not affiliated with any party and just read info and form opinion.

universal007

MPA (400+ posts)
MOLSON,

as i often writes about people to dont go on 1 person rather than support a party on the basis of ideology,overall leadership and its stances .
i mentioned a list of leaders in my previous post which includes javed hashmi,ahsan iqbal,khuwaja asif,shahbaz shari,sartaj aziz,ishaq dar,mehtab abbasi,khuwaja saad rafique,tell me any party have got better team than these people?
also i said imran khan is one man show and thats why many senior leaders dont go to his party b/c he just lives inside his shell and dont see any body else.
he talks about declaring the assets but he even himself dont have courage to declare his own daughter in public.
he talks about bringing money to pakistan but his own childern even dont have pakistani passport.
he talks about corruption but he never said a word about NICL Scandal .

All imran khan wants is to be prime minister no matter how .
if he is in favour of politics and democracy then he should form his wing with the like minded parties rather than q league,mushraff league etc.
He wants some caretaker govt. will be appointed by army/agencies and he be the prime minister.Thats all he wants otherwise by winning elections is impossible.
The purpose of all these jalsas is to show to his bosses in army/agencies and in west that he is popular and on this basis he invite them to intervene in the system and to make him prime minister.

universal007

MPA (400+ posts)
As i often writes about people to dont go on 1 person blindly b/c there is no perfect person and no perfect leader ,so being realistic support a party which is less bad and overall leadership and its stances .
i mentioned a list of leaders in my previous post which includes javed hashmi,ahsan iqbal,khuwaja asif,shahbaz shari,sartaj aziz,ishaq dar,mehtab abbasi,khuwaja saad rafique,tell me any party have got better team than these people?

also i said Imran khan is one man show and thats why many senior leaders dont go to his party b/c he just lives inside his shell and dont see any body else.
Imran talks about declaring the assets but he even himself dont have courage to declare his own daughter in public.
Imran talks about bringing money to pakistan but his own childern even dont have pakistani passport.
Imran talks about corruption but he never said a word about NICL Scandal .what is his source of income to run a party and to manage world wide trips??

All imran khan wants is to be prime minister no matter how .
if he is in favour of politics and democracy then he should form his wing with the like minded parties rather than q league,mushraff league etc.
He wants some caretaker govt. will be appointed by army/agencies and he be the prime minister.Thats all he wants otherwise by winning elections is impossible.

The purpose of all his jalsas is to show to his bosses in army/agencies and in west that he is popular and on this basis he invite them to intervene in the system and to make him prime minister.